HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Duco and Mac Up.. Ellerby, Taffe, and Repik down

Old
12-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard4Prez View Post
Prediction... Duco suspended 20 games after this game

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

vCash: 500
Thanks for the clarification. I agree about Repik. I do want to see more of Duco, but drop Kreps already for this game (as I said earlier in the GDT of the last game).

Should still be fun, though.

And I hope Ballardfor Pez' prediction comes true, and that the Flyer he takes with him has 20 games off too.

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
The other guy we sent was Ellerby, who didn't have a roster spot.
Oh, that's right.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 06:57 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballard4Prez View Post
Prediction... Duco suspended 20 games after this game
THIS! Duco is gonna cheapshot Richards, without thinking of the consequences for his actions. Well, Richards might deserve it tho

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 07:39 PM
RainingRats

Missing Repik isn't a big deal. We have enough offensive firepower to beat philly. Although Duco doesn't match up with the tough guys he is serviceable and adds to the overall team toughness.Richards has a target on his back, especially with how long Booth has been out. If a message needs to be sent to Richards or any other of the other non tough guys on the Flyers, Duco will take care of it. I guarantee if Duco was in the lineup against Philly Richards would have got his.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 10:24 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Panthers brass after reading HF. boards here pertaining to recalling Mac for the Philly game " your wish is my command ye' wise fellas".

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
of course we are not going to average 4.6 goals/game, no team does, but at least we are getting the goals, and distributing the scoring very well, actually i can't even remember when's the last time we got shutout?
Yes, we are getting the goals currently on this streak. We just got shutout 7 games ago. We were averaging 4.6 goals/game for 5 games after that, before yesterday's game. It's not going to continue like that. We still need all the scoring we can get. Sending Repik down and putting Duco in his place is not a good move when you still don't have a good offensive lineup. Let's not confuse a hot offensive streak of 5 games with regular play. If they can keep it up like that for 10-15 games, then we have something. Until they do, it's just a hot streak.

Markstrom Rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 11:11 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Do we really need both of them up? I honestly don't get what everyone sees in Duco, looks like a Dan Carcillo type to me.

RCGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 11:20 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
Do we really need both of them up? I honestly don't get what everyone sees in Duco, looks like a Dan Carcillo type to me.
Duco looked terrible in his stint with the big club so far. He does stupid stuff, but it's whatever. I don't mind if he does some idiotic stuff against the Flyers just because I hate most of their players. If he gets suspended, no big loss.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Laus723
Future Now

He's more of an Ott, I think, but Carcillo isn't a far off comparison. I think pests are very overrated, but if we can get a guy who stays away from the Avery-Ott like stuff and just play a game that rubs the opposition wrong, fine by me.

12-20-2009, 11:53 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

While I really don't want Matthias and Repik to be sent down because both have really impressed me over the past week or so, I do agree that both Duco and MacIntyre need to be in this game to show that we have "some" team toughness rather than absolutely none that we showed after Booth was hit. Even if the Flyers are struggling tremendously and we could easily beat them on the scoreboard, I think physicality must be shown somewhat. No cheapshots. Just Duco being the pest that he is to the Flyers top line and MacIntyre maybe drop the gloves with one or two of their tough guys should make an impact. I'd say they should just be called up for the game and maybe the Rangers game and then sent back down for the latter to be called back up.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

PanthersRule96 wrote:

Quote:
I don't mind if he (Duco) does some idiotic stuff against the Flyers just because I hate most of their players. If he gets suspended, no big loss.
Exactly. That could be his contribution.

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 01:35 PM
RochesterThers fan

Quote:
While it's nice to have the grit up, who is Duco going to fight on the Flyers and beat? They have Cote, Asham, Carcillo, and Laperierre.
Duco isn't going to fight anyone, and if he does he won't be verry effective. I really doubt Richards will fight Mac. Soupy, Ballard, or Allen would be more likely.

RochesterThers fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochesterThers fan View Post
Duco isn't going to fight anyone, and if he does he won't be verry effective. I really doubt Richards will fight Mac. Soupy, Ballard, or Allen would be more likely.
Obviously Duco isn't going to beat those guys, if anyone goes with Richards, it'll be him, Nate, or likely Soup or Ballard. Mac is up to keep Cote, Asham, Lappy, and Carcillo in check.

Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Erick

Quote:
Obviously Duco isn't going to beat those guys, if anyone goes with Richards, it'll be him, Nate, or likely Soup or Ballard. Mac is up to keep Cote, Asham, Lappy, and Carcillo in check.
Duco can go with Asham. I don't see why not. Maybe even Lappy and Carcillo. Asham/Lappy and even Carcillo wouldn't dare go with MacIntyre. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of Mac/Cote fights tonight. That should be...entertaining, for sure.

Old
12-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Duco can go with Asham. I don't see why not. Maybe even Lappy and Carcillo. Asham/Lappy and even Carcillo wouldn't dare go with MacIntyre. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of Mac/Cote fights tonight. That should be...entertaining, for sure.
Asham's a good fighter, he'll destroy Duco. Lappy would beat likely, too, but Carcillo may be a decent bout. No, Asham wouldn't go with Mac, doesn't mean they won't be more on their toes with him on the ice.

Old
12-21-2009, 02:11 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
We don't need Nate fighting. He is too valuable.

Old
12-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Erick

Quote:
Asham's a good fighter, he'll destroy Duco. Lappy would beat likely, too, but Carcillo may be a decent bout. No, Asham wouldn't go with Mac, doesn't mean they won't be more on their toes with him on the ice.
Asham's a middleweight. If Duco were to go with him, I'd say it wouldn't be embarrassing at all. I've seen videos of Duco in Rochester, and he's no slouch when it comes to fighting.

The only one out of the group here that would clearly whoop him, imo, would obviously be Cote. That's a true heavyweight, like Mac.

Old
12-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
We don't need Nate fighting. He is too valuable.
I agree. Nate fighting is probably what the Flyers want. Unless if he's fighting with Richards.

Old
12-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Asham's a middleweight. If Duco were to go with him, I'd say it wouldn't be embarrassing at all. I've seen videos of Duco in Rochester, and he's no slouch when it comes to fighting.

The only one out of the group here that would clearly whoop him, imo, would obviously be Cote. That's a true heavyweight, like Mac.
Asham is a better fighter than Duco is. I've seen Duco go, too.

Old
12-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Erick

Quote:
Asham is a better fighter than Duco is. I've seen Duco go, too.
I wouldn't mind seeing it, tonight. Asham is a better player than Duco, at this point, so that 5 minute loss of players would be an advantage for us, imo. Quite honestly, I see Duco doing something crazy tonight...hopefully, it doesn't cost us the game or something. I'm fine with stupid penalties when we have no chance in the 3rd period, but he better not pull something like he did in Washington, if it's still a winnable game.

But really, I see him doing something crazy. One because of the hype of the game, and two because he's playing for a spot on the team.

Old
12-21-2009, 02:28 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing it, tonight. Asham is a better player than Duco, at this point, so that 5 minute loss of players would be an advantage for us, imo. Quite honestly, I see Duco doing something crazy tonight...hopefully, it doesn't cost us the game or something. I'm fine with stupid penalties when we have no chance in the 3rd period, but he better not pull something like he did in Washington, if it's still a winnable game.

But really, I see him doing something crazy. One because of the hype of the game, and two because he's playing for a spot on the team.
This relates directly to not doing something stupid. I'm sure Pete will tell him not to be a moron.

If I was Pete, I tell everybody to play this game as if it is another game and to not even worry about the Booth hit. A win @ Philly would be the most hurtful thing we could do the Flyers. Duco and Mac are up just in case things get out of hand.

Old
12-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Dunno, should be a fun game. I wouldn't mind seeing Asham-Duco, either, I just don't give Duco much hope.

Old
12-21-2009, 02:29 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Dunno, should be a fun game. I wouldn't mind seeing Asham-Duco, either, I just don't give Duco much hope.
Agree. Asham is a pretty big guy. Duco is much smaller.

Old
12-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
This relates directly to not doing something stupid. I'm sure Pete will tell him not to be a moron.

If I was Pete, I tell everybody to play this game as if it is another game and to not even worry about the Booth hit. A win @ Philly would be the most hurtful thing we could do the Flyers. Duco and Mac are up just in case things get out of hand.
Sure, its another game, that's obvious and no one should go head hunting or lose their heads, but they should go out and be prepped for a very physical game. anything else, imo, is bad coaching, because that rough game is coming.