HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Doan Tribute Set For Dec. 26

Old
12-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

vCash: 500
Doan Tribute Set For Dec. 26

Well, I can't believe I won't be in attendance for this as I will be out of town. Furthermore, it smacks of a very poorly thought out decision by Doug Moss and the front-office given the amount of people who may either be out of town, or at various holiday celebrations...or just worn out from the Holidays. Not to mention lumping it in with giving away Coyote blankets.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=510450

I sent an email, including the paragraph below to Doug Moss, in hopes that if enough long-time Coyote fans, who might also be unable to attend this game due to holiday conflicts, they might consider another night.

Quote:
I understand that every date will have issues, but choosing December 26 would seem to be one of the worst choices that could have been made. I just hope that decision doesn't result in 8,000 fans, when there could have been an opportunity to market one of the games in 2010 as Shane Doan night, sell some discounted tickets, maybe give out Shane Doan T-shirts, and have some time to build a crowd upwards of 12,000 fans.
In case anyone wants email Doug Moss - doug.moss@phoenixcoyotes.com

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 11:08 AM
shoegoo

It is very close to Christmas and there wasn't very much notice, but it is actually working out opposite for me. Because of the holiday, my family will be here and able to go to the game when they usually wouldn't. I do hope it is a good turn out, but like you, I suspect the manner in which this has been planned will not benefit the majority.

shoegoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoo View Post
It is very close to Christmas and there wasn't very much notice, but it is actually working out opposite for me. Because of the holiday, my family will be here and able to go to the game when they usually wouldn't. I do hope it is a good turn out, but like you, I suspect the manner in which this has been planned will not benefit the majority.
Same here! In fact I think you might be wrong on this one DA. I actually bought some sandstorm tickets for this game and it's one of the ones that I didn't get that great of seats (relative to other games) because they were sold already. I wouldn't be surprised if it there is a decent crowd on hand but at the least I think it'll be normal for a Saturday night this season.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 04:12 PM
PHX FireBirds18

It's his 1000th game, you don't print a whole bunch of shirts when the guy will still play several more seasons. It's a nice gesture. A little late of a notice, wish they put this out sooner, but I will make sure I make it out.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 05:16 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Same here! In fact I think you might be wrong on this one DA. I actually bought some sandstorm tickets for this game and it's one of the ones that I didn't get that great of seats (relative to other games) because they were sold already. I wouldn't be surprised if it there is a decent crowd on hand but at the least I think it'll be normal for a Saturday night this season.
I'll bet ticket sales for this game have been very good -- by Coyotes standards -- and is exactly why the date was picked, despite the short notice. I'm very cool with it.

AnalogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 06:48 PM
pyregretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR View Post
I'll bet ticket sales for this game have been very good -- by Coyotes standards -- and is exactly why the date was picked, despite the short notice. I'm very cool with it.
Yeah I think will be a good turn out too. It is one of the Howliday Pack games I chose

pyregretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Well, I hope everyone is right. Sucks for me, but if it's a good turnout for Doan, that is the main thing.

Old
12-20-2009, 08:52 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
J-Rock in the house!

I've been to some pre and post Christmas games before and they were always packed. One year I rushed from a Christmas party to catch the 2nd and 3rd period of a game on Christmas eve. Little Did I know some my cousins and uncles did the exact same thing AND WERE SITTING RIGHT BEHIND ME. Great time.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

The New Years Eve game would have been perfect for this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

NHL on the Fly just had about 10 minutes of Coyote coverage. It started with a lengthy interview with Doaner regarding his 1,000 games with the Coyotes. The analysts went on to discuss Doan's career after the interview, and that was followed up by analysis of the Coyotes.

Most interesting comment during the interview was Doan mentioning he was sent down to Springfield 159 games into his NHL career, because Bobby Smith decided he needed to do that instead of giving him a one-way contract.

Just when you think there are no additional reasons to despise Bobby Smith....

Old
12-21-2009, 02:29 PM
MP

I've had tickets to the Dec. 26 game for weeks now. I'm pleased as punch they decided to do the tribute then.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote