HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mueller to Rangers very close

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2009, 02:08 PM
HoosierDaddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
A lot was always lost in translation with Zherdev though, you can tell from a lot of interviews that he just didn't know what was going on.
Don't buy into BBR's implosion nonsense. Outside of Gabby and maybe Prospal no one will sniff 45 points this year. Not Captain Intangible, Kotalik, currently collecting toothpicks nor heir apparent Lisin who is toiling on the 4th line.

I'll take a casual, almost uninterested 60 points over all the gung-ho grunt effort put forth by the current gang that can't shoot straight. Z played a bloody 20+ games for Torturella. If by imploding BBR means not producing points than this team has "imploded."

Old
12-21-2009, 05:57 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Well I don't think you put a 1 goal scorer on the 1st line out of the gate. You can start him lower and as he earns his ice time you move him up.
What have we got to lose in terms of line combinations?

Old
12-21-2009, 05:59 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Okay, who?
I couldn't tell you who, but for us to just waste a prospect, especially one of our better one's like Sanguinetti, on a project that IMO does not have great odds of working out, I can't get behind that. I'd rather just stand pat and ride the season out. I'm sure there are some better players out there to be had for Sangs and some of the other guys we could do without in our system that have some value.

Old
12-21-2009, 06:01 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
I agree, steal a young offensive talent for a low price. A new address will motivate him.
If they really declined Sanguinetti, then what exactly are we giving up to get him????

And if they didn't, I'd still rather not trade Sanguinetti for him. We could yield a better return than this for Sangs, and Sather and Maloney's good relationship when it comes to trading shouldn't get in the way of that.

Old
12-21-2009, 06:07 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Exactly. Unfortunately, these are the types of risks the Rangers need to take, in order to add talent.
The Rangers have built up a ton of defensive talent in their system, now's the time to figure out which guys have the better value and trade them.

If it means trading McDonagh or Sanguinetti, I'm all for it, it just has to be for the right guy. I'm content with building around Staal and MDZ, maybe keeping Girardi around, and seeing what happens with guys like Kundtratek, Gilroy, Heikkenen, etc.

If we could rid ourselves of Redden and Roszival in the near future, have Staal, MDZ, Girardi, and Gilroy as definite NHLers, Heikkenen as a possible 6th/7th dman...all you need to do is make one wise signing/trade on the blueline, preferably bringing in a physical defenseman like Matt Greene, or James Wisniewski, and that's still a very likable defensive core. You replenish your D corps in the draft, still enjoy the depth in Hartford of having Sauer, Potter, etc... and HOPEFULLY got yourself a good, 70-80 pt player or two, at least potential ones that HAVENT Had a chance to prove themselves and failed already(Mueller) from McDonagh and Sanguinetti.

In the process, dump Kotalik and Higgins to teams that are built for playoff runs, take whatveer you can get in terms of prospects/picks.

Old
12-21-2009, 06:12 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I couldn't tell you who, but for us to just waste a prospect, especially one of our better one's like Sanguinetti, on a project that IMO does not have great odds of working out, I can't get behind that. I'd rather just stand pat and ride the season out. I'm sure there are some better players out there to be had for Sangs and some of the other guys we could do without in our system that have some value.
What kind of player do you think you're getting for Sanguinetti then if not a project? An older player on the decline?

12-21-2009, 06:17 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What kind of player do you think you're getting for Sanguinetti then if not a project? An older player on the decline?
You don't think we could get a forward that projects to be a top 6 forward that hasn't had his shot int he NHL yet, for Sangs, a defenseman that projects to be a top 4 d-man and leads the AHL in scoring amongst defenseman, who also, hasn't really gotten his shot int he NHL yet?

I'd probably take a player a little younger than say Ray Whitney or Vinny Prospal that I thought could continue to put up 60-70 points int he right situation coming to the Rangers with a player like Mueller for Sangs and a lower end prospect of ours, similar to what Pyatt was for us.

Old
12-21-2009, 06:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
You don't think we could get a forward that projects to be a top 6 forward that hasn't had his shot int he NHL yet, for Sangs, a defenseman that projects to be a top 4 d-man and leads the AHL in scoring amongst defenseman, who also, hasn't really gotten his shot int he NHL yet?
Or do you want the guy who's proven he can do it? And I don't think they could get a prospect who projects to a top six guy

Quote:
I'd probably take a player a little younger than say Ray Whitney or Vinny Prospal that I thought could continue to put up 60-70 points int he right situation coming to the Rangers with a player like Mueller for Sangs and a lower end prospect of ours, similar to what Pyatt was for us.
OK, so give us a name.

Old
06-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I don't want to file this under rumor, mainly because I can't really reveal my sources, but I'm hearing a lot of chatter that Mueller to the Rangers is very close. What I seem to be hearing the most is that the deal would include Sanguinetti and a pick. Other rumors actually have Higgins to Phoenix and some other piece coming the other way.

As always, things change quickly and I cannot gurantee anything will happen.

But this one has been ongoing and is pretty darn close. Assuming Sather doesn't get fired first.
With the deal today, I thought this was apropos. I wish you were right...what ever happened to this?

Old
06-27-2010, 02:15 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Don't bump months old threads.

It's just pain.
Closed Thread