HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Worcester Shuttle

Old
12-21-2009, 02:54 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrylshutzSydor View Post
Worcester is a 2nd rate city. Back in the 60's the residents of Worcester had the opportunity to have the Mass Pike I90 run through their city and they nixed the idea. Now they are the 2nd largest city in New England and don't even have an operating airoprt! Providence is the best way to get to Worcester (pronounced Wister), and best Hartford.
It's pronounced "wusstah"...

So, what was your point in making this post, anyway?

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Speed

Quote:
Worcester is a 2nd rate city. Back in the 60's the residents of Worcester had the opportunity to have the Mass Pike I90 run through their city and they nixed the idea. Now they are the 2nd largest city in New England and don't even have an operating airoprt! Providence is the best way to get to Worcester (pronounced Wister), and best Hartford.
Fountain of misinformation...
Pronounced Wuster.
The Mass Pike ordeal was in the lates 40s, early 50s, and was about a Worcester official P-ing off Beacon Hill. In the 50s, I290 (aka the Worcester Loop) was discussed to from from Auburn to Hopkinton, and connect the Mass Pike at both ends. There was heavy opposition of I290 in the mid-late 50s into the 60s, but it still went through.

So "Now" that we are the 2nd largest city in new England - would we have been 1st (in front of Boston) if the Mass Pike went through Worcester??

Oh and FYI - they built a Mass Pike Connector right into Worcester.

Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 06:23 PM
WoostahShaahks

Quote:

What is the point of all of this incorrect and random misinformation?

WoostahShaahks is offline   Reply With Quote