HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

STL @ VAN - 9pm CST

Old
12-21-2009, 05:39 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
Burrows gets punched and rolls around on the ice like a baby.
I've had my head split open after getting flatten behind the net in my rec league and I skated up to and into the ambulance holding a towel over my busted head.

Burrows is nothing but a *****.
Once I got shot in the face and didn't miss a shift.

Last edited by WalterSobchak: 12-21-2009 at 05:52 PM. Reason: bypassing profanity filter
2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 05:56 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle and Flow View Post
This scares the **** out of me. Youd rather see Perron for a few minutes than a win? At this point, you have stopped being a Blues fan and have become a David Perron fan. What did David Perron do to deserve more ice time last night?

And what has Berglund done to deserve more ice time? He has been completely invisible this year. Im shocked he is on this team right now, he should have been in Peoria a while ago.
I don't know when your mentality shifted to the "win now" mentality but David Perron and Patrik Berglund ARE this teams future. They need to progress and be given the chance to develop or those draft picks and the "wait" we've endured has been for nothing.

Giving Alex Steen, BJ Crombeen and Jay McClemment near 20 minutes per game while Perron and Berglund get less than 10 IS NOT going to win this franchise a Stanley Cup. And maybe Perron and Berglund aren't the answer and we need to cut them loose to find some other players but if we don't find out sooner than later this decade has been a waste as well.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by concept View Post
As a follow-up, Perron is on pace to score 43 points this season. Last year he had 50. We need to give him more minutes to develop, not ride the pine while Crombeen, et. al. (who [Crombeen], by the way, likely wouldn't make 27 out of the other 29 clubs) are out there x minutes a game trying their best not to let the other team score.
Perron averages over 2 minutes more per game than Crombeen...

Just for fun, I crunched the numbers. If you gave David Perron the most ice time among our forwards, Andy McDonald, over this entire season, he would be on pace for 50 points.

Give me a winning team over a 50 point David Perron every day and twice on Sunday. A 50 point player is nothing special. When David Perron proves he can score more than 50ish points a year, then we'll talk about giving him a couple more shifts a game. And talk about fake outrage, dont kid yourselves, this is about nothing more than a couple of ****ing shifts per game.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 05:58 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sacamanu View Post
If losing his glove was an accident, then I partially take back calling it selfish, but it looked intentional to me. Seemed like Jackman lost his cool, and almost put himself in the box for 4 mins.

Another one was the other night against Kane(so I wasn't as mad), but I couldn't believe he got off without a roughing call.
Yep, it was certainly on purpose and I thought it was pretty selfish as well but at some point a message needed to be made and it happend to not cost us.

Old
12-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
I don't know when your mentality shifted to the "win now" mentality but David Perron and Patrik Berglund ARE this teams future. They need to progress and be given the chance to develop or those draft picks and the "wait" we've endured has been for nothing.

Giving Alex Steen, BJ Crombeen and Jay McClemment near 20 minutes per game while Perron and Berglund get less than 10 IS NOT going to win this franchise a Stanley Cup. And maybe Perron and Berglund aren't the answer and we need to cut them loose to find some other players but if we don't find out sooner than later this decade has been a waste as well.
In the long run, we are all dead. If you people want to see more Patrik Berglund and David Perron, tell Patrik Berglund and David Perron to play better.

How many 20+ min games have Crombeen, Steen, and McClement played in this season? 5 times combined. Perron has done it twice. McClement and Perron average about a shifts difference between them on average per game. Perron averages 2 more minutes than Crombeen and Steen. Stop characterizing it as if McClement, Steen, and Crombeen has the team's leading TOI for forwards.

Im sorry that I dont understand the hate for these guys, every team has a stopper line. Go check the TOI for John Madden, Maholtra, Niedermeyer, etc.. These guys are stoppers for the best teams in the league. Every team has them, and every team uses them a lot.

Sure, Jay McClement has done 20+ min a couple more times than Malholtra or Madden, but they have Joe Thornton-Marleau-Healtley and Kane-Toews-Hossa, we have McDonald, Kariya, and Backes.

Has it EVER come to you Murray bashers that maybe if David ****ing Perron was on pace for more than 43 points this year, maybe David ****ing Perron would get more ice time?

Patrik Berglund is this teams future? Right now, I sure as hell hope not. Andy Murray is not here to baby Patrick Berglund. He is here to win games. Berglund is playing like hes back in Tier-2 Sweden right now. Maybe he will figure it out down the road, but if he was 28 right now and playing like this, would he be in the NHL? How is playing miles out of his league beneficial to his long term success?

I may come across as a win now mentality, maybe it is a bit. But I just want to see progress from our young players. David Perron has stagnated and Patrik Berglund has completely regressed into the fetal stages of life. I just dont like the criticism of Andy Murray that people want him to win while giving everyone under 25 20+ minutes a game.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 06:31 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

I'll agree that these players need to perform better but the expectation for them to perform is going to require more than 10 minutes a game. I am willing to lump Pleau, Armstrong and JD in there as well with the finger pointing because if those players don't deserve more than 10 minutes in this league they should be in Peoria right now where they will be allowed to get the ice time they need and we can see more of Army and Winchester and Yan Stastny and hey maybe give Eller a few shifts on the 4th line with them while we're at it.

Old
12-21-2009, 06:39 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

The final comment I want to make on this game was the Blues got lucky. Luongo was off most of the night, the first Backes goal was a nice redirect but pretty lucky. The second Backes goal was very nice but Bieksa blew his defensive coverage and the third goal by Tkachuk they were lucky to get that bounce and again Luongo played it wrong. Boyes did make a nice move to catch Tkachuk in the right spot.

The goal that was called off was really borderline redirect and if it wasn't for Conklin standing on his head the result is vastly different. They just cannot play for one period hard and expect to win games. They spent most of the 3rd dumping the puck and I know Vancouver was playing very hard and aggressive at that point but the new NHL is a puck possession game imo.