HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phi - Tbl

Old
12-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Mota

vCash: 500
Phi - Tbl

To Philly: Lecalvalier and Downie

To Tampa: Carter, Coburn, and Pyorala.

I think this deal may need picks or prospects to even things out, but these would be the key players. Not sure how far off I am, but everyone values players different lol.

Why Philly does it: The flyers offensive struggles are no secret. Vinny gives them the star forward they need to jump start their offense. What I like about a guy like him is not only will his production benefit them, but I think he can make the players around him better (like forsberg did for Gagne). Carter can be a difference maker, but Vinny is a more complete player, and a Vet with a ring. The salary is the obvious red flag for them, but you have to figure Carter would demand almost 7 mil when his deal is up, they can deal Carle or Hartnell in the offseason, and they wont have to worry about signing Coburn.

Gagne-Lecavalier-Briere
Hartnell-Richards-Downie
JVR-Giroux-Powe
Carcillo-Betts-Laparierre

That line up has a lot of potential.

Why Tampa does it: They get two younger but still impact now players in Carter and Coburn. A 1-2 center punch of Stamkos and Carter is pretty scary. Pyorala gives them a solid 2-way forward...plus the whole deal clears up some salary for them to add maybe another depth player.

I am new at the proposal thing...but this makes sense to me. I'll admit I am looking at this more from a Flyers perspective, but I think Tampa could benefit from this too.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 12:41 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
To Philly: Lecalvalier and Downie

To Tampa: Carter, Coburn, and Pyorala.

I think this deal may need picks or prospects to even things out, but these would be the key players. Not sure how far off I am, but everyone values players different lol.

Why Philly does it: The flyers offensive struggles are no secret. Vinny gives them the star forward they need to jump start their offense. What I like about a guy like him is not only will his production benefit them, but I think he can make the players around him better (like forsberg did for Gagne). Carter can be a difference maker, but Vinny is a more complete player, and a Vet with a ring. The salary is the obvious red flag for them, but you have to figure Carter would demand almost 7 mil when his deal is up, they can deal Carle or Hartnell in the offseason, and they wont have to worry about signing Coburn.

Gagne-Lecavalier-Briere
Hartnell-Richards-Downie
JVR-Giroux-Powe
Carcillo-Betts-Laparierre

That line up has a lot of potential.

Why Tampa does it: They get two younger but still impact now players in Carter and Coburn. A 1-2 center punch of Stamkos and Carter is pretty scary. Pyorala gives them a solid 2-way forward...plus the whole deal clears up some salary for them to add maybe another depth player.

I am new at the proposal thing...but this makes sense to me. I'll admit I am looking at this more from a Flyers perspective, but I think Tampa could benefit from this too.
Locking up Lecavalier with that contract on the Flyers is not such a bright idea unless Briere was headed back to TBL. It's certainly not going to be Briere and Carter headed to TBL from a Flyers standpoint, and it won't be just Briere+ from a Lightning standpoint. Deal doesn't happen.

I'd rather have some cap freedom with Carter's contract.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 12:46 PM
CSampson

From a Tampa POV I wanna keep Downie. Not a bad trade though.

CSampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 01:12 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Value wise it's not the worst, but the Flyers' cap structure makes adding Lecavalier a tough fit. Flyers would have to send Briere as the main portion of salary, and I doubt TB fans would be too keen on that. I really don't see any realistic way to send Vinny to Philly that would be satisfactory to both sides.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 01:17 PM
simpletom

equal value but philly already has a top line center ( richards ) and the salary wont work out

simpletom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 01:30 PM
phillipmike

If Lecavalier is going to Philly then Briere would need to be going to Tampa... But would Philly want three number one centres? It would spell the end for Carter and i dont think thats too smart.

phillipmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 03:17 PM
TheKingPin

What about Tanguay? Hes struggling for you guys, I know hed be better to be traded at the dealine, but whats he worth?

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 03:23 PM
ArmchairGM

To Tampa Bay:
Jeff Carter
Braydon Coburn

To Philadelphia:
Victor Hedman
Alex Tanguay
Jeff Halpern

ArmchairGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Bish please
...You're hateful.

vCash: 169
Send a message via MSN to Bish please
You had your time with Downie, now he's ours.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bish please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 03:56 PM
randyc

Not So Fast

Let's get straight here, Hedman will not be part of the equation. And Briere is a non starter. But not a bad initial proposal.

randyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmchairGM View Post
To Tampa Bay:
Jeff Carter
Braydon Coburn

To Philadelphia:
Victor Hedman
Alex Tanguay
Jeff Halpern

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Haute Couturier

The last thing the Flyers need is another under performing forward with a never ending contract.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 08:36 PM
CSampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
The last thing the Flyers need is another under performing forward with a never ending contract.
Yeah but he's starting to heat up, 9G 24A 35P in 36GP.

CSampson is offline   Reply With Quote