HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

A. Kostitsyn to Edmonton

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Rpro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Habs 10th in the east and climbing. Oilers last in west and falling. The standings don't lie. Bottom line is that Penner does not have a hope in hell of making Team Canada. Further, lets wait until he finishes the season to see what his point total will be. There's still over 1/2 a season to play. Plenty of time for the Oilers to climb into the 14th spot.
Continue insulting the Oilers all you want. The point has been made. Penner IS being considered for Team Canada. It's over now. You were proven wrong. Just let it go man.

Old
12-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Similarly try watching Kostitsyn in the past 15 games. He's on fire and dominating out there with Plekanec and Cammy. Now this thread is about the prospect of Kostitsyn to the Oil. I wouldn't trade him for Penner straight up at this time. I'm sure Oil fans feel the same with Penner.

I just don't believe Penner can keep up his pace. He hasn't shown ability to do so... well... ever!
So you think Kostitsyn can keep his 15 game pace, but Penner's 36 game pace doesn't mean jack? lol alright bud.

All this because you were proven wrong about Team Canada looking at Penner.

Old
12-21-2009, 09:35 PM
williamshut*

Quote:
Similarly try watching Kostitsyn in the past 15 games. He's on fire and dominating out there with Plekanec and Cammy. Now this thread is about the prospect of Kostitsyn to the Oil. I wouldn't trade him for Penner straight up at this time. I'm sure Oil fans feel the same with Penner.

I just don't believe Penner can keep up his pace. He hasn't shown ability to do so... well... ever!
it's nice how andrei has been able to do this....well ever!

Old
12-21-2009, 09:38 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamshut View Post
it's nice how andrei has been able to do this....well ever!
I never said Andrei has proven to keep up his pace. But then again, Andrei isn't under consideration for Team Canada! That said Andrei Kostitsyn has the same chance of making team Canada as Dustin Penner!

Old
12-21-2009, 09:42 PM
ChokeOnOil
i hate my team

Quote:
I never said Andrei has proven to keep up his pace. But then again, Andrei isn't under consideration for Team Canada! That said Andrei Kostitsyn has the same chance of making team Canada as Dustin Penner!
Another goal tonight for The Penner.

You probably didn't know though, I'm gussing you've seen one Oilers game all your against the Habs, eh?

Old
12-21-2009, 09:46 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChokeOnOil View Post
Another goal tonight for The Penner.

You probably didn't know though, I'm gussing you've seen one Oilers game all your against the Habs, eh?
7 pts for the Kostitsyn / Pleks / Cammy line. You probably didn't know though... I would never expect Oiler fans to really pay attention to anything other than Oiler hockey... especially judging by the ridiculous overrating going on in here.

Brule > A.K? LMAO

Old
12-21-2009, 09:46 PM
williamshut*

Quote:
you implied that with your statement. **** obviously penner's not going to make team canada. I KNOW THAT. how many of your allstar canadiens are going to make it? andrei can have a fun time on team belarus being a star - its the only time he'll ever have that privilege.

Old
12-21-2009, 09:49 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
you implied that with your statement. **** obviously penner's not going to make team canada. I KNOW THAT. how many of your allstar canadiens are going to make it? andrei can have a fun time on team belarus being a star - its the only time he'll ever have that privilege.
There you again showing off your ignorance. AllStar Markov will be anchoring Team Russia in the Olympics who are favored to win the gold. Hammer, Spacek and Plekanec who by the way is tied for the top-6 in points in the NHL will represent the Czechs.. But then again i don't expect you to actually pay attention to the Habs... You are after all... Oiler fans. lol

Old
12-21-2009, 09:51 PM
ChokeOnOil
i hate my team

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
has no speed.
Thats just a flat out lie.

Go watch his goal vs. the blues this year, he tears by 2 Dmen right at the net and beats them both with his speed. Just not true.

Couldn't find the blues goal, so here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRCq02fnn8o
Just makes the Wild D look flat out bad.

Old
12-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Rpro

Quote:
There you again showing off your ignorance. AllStar Markov will be anchoring Team Russia in the Olympics who are favored to win the gold. Hammer, Spacek and Plekanec who by the way is tied for the top-6 in points in the NHL will represent the Czechs.. But then again i don't expect you to actually pay attention to the Habs... You are after all... Oiler fans. lol
He meant make it to Team Canada. There you go showing off your 'reading comprehension skills'

Oh and btw Russia is not the favorites. That goes to Canada.

Old
12-21-2009, 09:55 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post
He meant make it to Team Canada. There you go showing off your 'reading comprehension skills'

Wow, ignorance is bliss isn't it. Stop being such a homer and open your eyes. The Russians are easily favored - especially in Olympic hockey. They are the reigning World Champs. No one can match the talent they have up front. Balanced on the blueline and have decent goaltending.

Canada is always strong but don't have the horses that Russia has.

BTW, how am i supposed to "comprehend" what he meant when most of it is utter ridiculous nonsense?

Old
12-21-2009, 09:56 PM
williamshut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpro View Post

^^ exactly. dont call me ignorant. it simply shows your ignorance.

Old
12-21-2009, 09:58 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
^^ exactly. dont call me ignorant. it simply shows your ignorance.
LMAO! Your mastery of the english language is something to behold. I won't call you ignorant. Just redundant in your lack of hockey knowledge.

Old
12-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Rpro

Quote:
Wow, ignorance is bliss isn't it. Stop being such a homer and open your eyes. The Russians are easily favored - especially in Olympic hockey. They are the reigning World Champs. No one can match the talent they have up front. Balanced on the blueline and have decent goaltending.

Canada is always strong but don't have the horses that Russia has.

BTW, how am i supposed to "comprehend" what he meant when most of it is utter ridiculous nonsense?

I'm done responding to your pointless drivel.

Old
12-21-2009, 10:00 PM
ChokeOnOil
i hate my team

Quote:
BTW, i have been watching the Blues score 5 goals to the Oilers 2. Quite a game.

Way to look that up.

I didn't say anything about Andrei being better then Brule, but I will say Andrei is NOT as good as Penner right now. Congrats to that line tonight, and yes I have seen Andrei playing this year and last as the K brothers are two of my fav players in the NHL. I saw one of them get sent down, and the other have a dissapointing season.

Old
12-21-2009, 10:00 PM
FanHabtic

Getting back to the point before this thread got derailed by such unruly Oiler fans...

Andrei Kostitsyn is on a tear both on the scoreboard and on the ice with his aggressive play. The Habs have no business trading him as they are in need of another top-6 forward. The Oilers make terrible trading partners with the Habs. Too many small forwards with lack of production...

Old
12-21-2009, 10:02 PM
FanHabtic

Oops 6-2 now.

Old
12-21-2009, 10:07 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Oops 6-2 now.
This is why even I can't stand most hab fans. Totally obnoxious.

I wouldn't trade A.Kost to the Oilers though, Habs need top 6 players, we can afford to trade them away.

Old
12-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Enough of this garbage..

Closed Thread