HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Old
12-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
if in that situation, it was a nasty snipe of a shot, or if he pulled into the middle and made a nice move to beat Henrik then the blame would have been entirely on rosi

the fact of the matter is that Rupp took a very savable shot and it went it

both players are responsible, there were two mistakes made, not one, and that goal doesn't fall entirely on rosi's shoulders either
I dont see it that way. If Rosi gets in Rupp's way theres no shot. No shot=no scoring chance, and he had plenty of time to get to Rupp. Once Rupp is 15 feet out, inside the faceoff dot, uncontested, you're % of making a save go way down. Its rare that you see a defenseman let a guy walk in like that, thats why Rosi was called out by many after the game.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:44 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I dont see it that way. If Rosi gets in Rupp's way theres no shot. No shot=no scoring chance, and he had plenty of time to get to Rupp. Once Rupp is 15 feet out, inside the faceoff dot, uncontested, you're % of making a save go way down. Its rare that you see a defenseman let a guy walk in like that, thats why Rosi was called out by many after the game.
Yes, force Rupp to make a good pass instead of letting him walk in uncontested and giving him ample time to cue up his shot....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:44 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
so if they get a break away, the guy falls down at the blue line, and the puck trickles in past Hank, then its the defenseman's fault the goal was scored right? No, the goalie, although often times seen as untouchable, has responsibility to make reasonable saves

this was an opportunity to make a reasonable save to prevent a goal, regardless of how the opportunity came about

he should have had that puck, no one has told me how that was not a savable shot

and watch again, the puck was outside the dot when he shot it, don't try to make it seem like he was right on top of Henrik cause he wasn't

my point is, yes a mistake was made, they happen in hockey,

[edit.....i had typed more to this post but it somehow didnt get posted? not sure....anyway i have to go to work now so i'll fix it later]

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
so if they get a break away, the guy falls down at the blue line, and the puck trickles in past Hank, then its the defenseman's fault the goal was scored right? No, the goalie, although often times seen as untouchable, has responsibility to make reasonable saves

this was an opportunity to make a reasonable save to prevent a goal, regardless of how the opportunity came about

he should have had that puck, no one has told me how that was not a savable shot

and watch again, the puck was outside the dot when he shot it, don't try to make it seem like he was right on top of Henrik cause he wasn't

my point is, yes a mistake was made, they happen in hockey,
That was a horrible analogy.

Plus, freeze the video when he shoots, its on the inside of the faceoff dot, in fact Rupp's knee is totally on it. Staal tries to get in front of it, which hurt more than helped. All because Rosi ddin't take his man, plain and simple. Well, not simple for you.

Old
12-01-2009, 12:58 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
That was a horrible analogy.

Plus, freeze the video when he shoots, its on the inside of the faceoff dot, in fact Rupp's knee is totally on it. Staal tries to get in front of it, which hurt more than helped. All because Rosi ddin't take his man, plain and simple. Well, not simple for you.
its an extreme example of a situation in which our defense gives them an opportunity to illustrate the point that the goalie still has a responsibility to make an easy save despite the fact that the shot is a result of a defensive error

i would have drawn you a picture with crayons and stickers to make it easier to follow but i dont have a scanner....sorry

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
its an extreme example of a situation in which our defense gives them an opportunity to illustrate the point that the goalie still has a responsibility to make an easy save despite the fact that the shot is a result of a defensive error

i would have drawn you a picture with crayons and stickers to make it easier to follow but i dont have a scanner....sorry
Yeah, stick to your crayons

Old
12-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Chimp

This thread is the most misplaced on the entire forum. After his surgery, Rozsival hasn't been the same. Not even close.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 03:06 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

In last night's,Rozsival reached for the puck in the offensive zone and he fell down.

He looks so uncoordinated at times.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 03:09 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
In last night's,Rozsival reached for the puck in the offensive zone and he fell down.

He looks so uncoordinated at times.
I just 'd irl when that happened.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
This thread is the most misplaced on the entire forum. After his surgery, Rozsival hasn't been the same. Not even close.
Id have to agree. Hes been pretty bad since the hip tear. That said, he was great in the playoffs last season, and gave me hope coming into this year. Thats been quickly dashed.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 03:46 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Why doesn't Rozy have a profile on the Rangers site?

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|NYR|home

The other players have a link in the toys for tots story.

Old
12-01-2009, 03:49 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Why doesn't Rozy have a profile on the Rangers site?

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|NYR|home

The other players have a link in the toys for tots story.
This obviously means he's been traded.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2009, 03:56 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
This obviously means he's been traded.
Nothing(yet) on the AHL transactions page

http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php

Old
12-01-2009, 05:30 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Roszival played great last night and i think he's actually taking more heat for Rupp's 2nd goal than he should

our system is designed around Henrik stopping the 1st shot

Rosi played the pass across as lonng as Rupp was outside on the perimeter where a shot should not have been able to get past Henrik.

He gave him the outside perimeter shot, if he tried to move into the middle to do something close to the net or pass both Rosi and staal where there, and im pretty sure a back checker actually picked up his man too

At that point the shooter is Henrik's man and he let the shot in
Yeah, our system should be DON'T LET THEM TO HENRIK.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 08:37 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

He's playing excellent hockey as of late. Him and Staal.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Salz

He didn't deserve any appreciation until recently. He's finally playing well. He was not only not earning his contract most of this season, but playing absolutely terrible. He's been that way for more than a year. Hopefully this is the start of a turn around for him.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
He's playing excellent hockey as of late. Him and Staal.
Yup they have both been good, Staal after a shakey start has really gotten steady, I still get nervous when he rushes up ice though, always seems like an odd man rush the other way when he does. Anyway Rozy has been so good I changed my avatar to him. Folks like it or not he and Staal are our #1 and #2 so lets try and back them up. No more booing Rozy plz!

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:02 PM
ThirdEye

If Rozsival played like he has recently in 75% of his games no one would ever open their mouth about him... except maybe to praise him.

The problem is last season and this season he has played like this in maybe 1/4 of the games.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Vidic15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
If Rozsival played like he has recently in 75% of his games no one would ever open their mouth about him... except maybe to praise him.

The problem is last season and this season he has played like this in maybe 1/4 of the games.
I would still be opening my mouth. Fact of the matter is, we need to move Redden and Rozsival to free up cap space for next season. With the cap either going down or up 1 million, it won't leave us much cap space to re-sign our free agents and add new ones.

Vidic15* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 09:43 AM
TrueBlueNorwegian

Time to bump this one up. The guy is playing very well. Time to stop that idiotic booing of Rozy. Its just completely uncalled for.

Keep it up Rozy, You are a very good hockey player!

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
Time to bump this one up. The guy is playing very well. Time to stop that idiotic booing of Rozy. Its just completely uncalled for.

Keep it up Rozy, You are a very good hockey player!
I remember thinking last night that I hope this thread is bumped.

I havent seen many people eat crow over Roszival's performance the last 6 weeks or so. But Im sure as hell they'll be back when he has one bad game, or even a shift. Much like how the mindless Lundqvist bashers are just waiting for an opportunity.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 01:43 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I remember thinking last night that I hope this thread is bumped.

I havent seen many people eat crow over Roszival's performance the last 6 weeks or so. But Im sure as hell they'll be back when he has one bad game, or even a shift. Much like how the mindless Lundqvist bashers are just waiting for an opportunity.
We all really want our two FAVORITE D-men (we all know who) to succeed. SO much that when one of them got in a fight a few days ago, we stopped booing, but cheered louder than we thought possible...just as when the other took the puck up in last night's tampa game, makin moves, by the time he passed it off I was 2 inches from the TV actually screaming/repeating "GIVE IT BACK TO ROZSIVAL!!!!" ...words I never thought I could or would EVER say in the same sentence....

Fact of the matter is we are ecstatic when those two do ANYTHING right...maybe that says something or maybe it doesn't.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 01:44 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Rozy hasnt been lights out great- but yeah the booing has to stop its a little silly. Hes been playing well.

But somethings will never change will they?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 01:46 PM
NYR Viper

He has been the teams best d-man for over a week now. If he can continue to play like this he is worth 5 million.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2010, 02:08 PM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
He has been the teams best d-man for over a week now. If he can continue to play like this he is worth 5 million.
Have to agree here, hes earning his paycheck. As of right now.

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote