HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

The Official Aaron Ward Appreciation Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-22-2009, 01:37 AM
ANTON HIS HOLINESS

vCash: 500
The Official Aaron Ward Appreciation Thread

Aaron Ward has put this team on his back and is carrying us to first pick overall, and we don't even have an appreciation thread for him? Come on, guys! What kind of fans are we?

Anyways, when Ward is not dazzling Hurricanes fans everywhere with blind passes, missed defensive-zone assignments, and shots that are as likely to score as I am with Scarlett Johansson, he is a quiet man who loves to give back to the community. Remember, real NHL success is not measured by a winning record or number of Stanley Cups won, but by how high of a draft position you have at the end of the season. It worked for Pittsburgh and Chicago, amirite?

Here is Ward valiantly saving a drowning man at a local swimming pool

And here he is driving a firetruck to a burning puppy orphanage

But besides these noble deeds, Ward continually frustrates fans of opposing teams by setting their players up for goals, moving them two points further away from Taylor Hall. So here's to Aaron Ward, a true hero of heroes!

Old
12-22-2009, 04:25 AM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

Aaron "Taylor Hall" Ward

hhahahaa

Old
12-22-2009, 04:30 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
He is truly amazing. It wasn't Eaves+4th for Ward, it was Eaves+4th for Ward+Hall. Highway robbery. JR is genius.

Old
12-22-2009, 08:30 AM
geehaad

Does someone have a clip of last night's game where Ward had it behind the net, held it for a beat or two, then passed off to his defensive partner at the far corner but about 4 feet out ahead of him, missing him entirely, and effectively turning it over to a Ranger at the half-boards?

A thing of beauty, that was...

Old
12-22-2009, 08:32 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
Does someone have a clip of last night's game where Ward had it behind the net, held it for a beat or two, then passed off to his defensive partner at the far corner but about 4 feet out ahead of him, missing him entirely, and effectively turning it over to a Ranger at the half-boards?

A thing of beauty, that was...
When in the game was it? If I can find it I can probably upload it later today when I get the time.

Old
12-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanton View Post
He is truly amazing. It wasn't Eaves+4th for Ward, it was Eaves+4th for Ward+Hall. Highway robbery. JR is genius.
JR is even a bigger genius. If you remember, it was Stillman (UFA) and Commodore (UFA) for Eaves and Corvo. And then..it was Eaves and a 4th for Ward and Hall.

So in reality, JR traded away two pending UFAs (that the Canes couldn't sign anyways) and a 4th round pick..for Ward, Corvo and Hall.

If he can get a deadline deal for Corvo..it will be even better.

And many at the time said he was robbed when he "gave" up Stillman and Commodore. Who knew he could get that much.

Old
12-22-2009, 09:33 AM
daikan
sad times

Send a message via MSN to daikan

Old
12-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
When in the game was it? If I can find it I can probably upload it later today when I get the time.
I think the better question is: "when wasn't it in the game?"

Seriously, the game couldn't have turned out better and you nailed it in the GDT.

Dubinsky goal and assist.
Rozival assist and plus 2
Ward..horrible pass to the Ranger D in the neutral zone, followed up by a great turnover and out of position leading to a 2 on 1 for the 2nd goal.

Old
12-22-2009, 10:12 AM
geehaad

Quote:
When in the game was it?
It's times like this when I give myself the self-smack-in-the-head for immediately deleting a game from my DVR queue...

I really wish I knew. I know it was either in the first or the third, because he was behind the north-end net, and I'm going to guess that it was the first period, because I don't think they were trailing. Damn...I really wish I could put my finger on it...sorry.

There was another gem, though...and I'm somewhat sure about when it happened. When the Canes had the Rangers pinned down in the north end zone in the 3rd, with Pitkanen and Ward as D-partners. Once Ward sent it from the right half-boards all the way around the boards to Pitkanen on the left point, there was a little more activity down low (etc), Pitkanen eventually got it back and walked it to the middle of the blue line, passed it to Ward, who held it for a beat, then flung it around the boards again to no one. That one wasn't quite as blatantly bad, but it was a head-scratcher for sure.

Old
12-22-2009, 10:35 AM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpuckhog View Post
Ward, Corvo and Hall
Actually, since Award and Hall won't play together, it's really just Corvo and Hall. Ohhhh...that's the joke. I get it...Award will be re-signed this summer, so he and Hall *will* play together.

Bangin' on all cylinders now...

Quote:
Ward..horrible pass to the Ranger D in the neutral zone, followed up by a great turnover and out of position leading to a 2 on 1 for the 2nd goal.
The true greatness of this play was that Award gave it just the right touch, angling the puck off the boards so it would sit just inside the blueline for Prospal, yet keeping Dubisnky on-side.

We are witnessing greatness, boys...soak it up while it remains before you!

Old
12-22-2009, 07:26 PM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
From Canes twitter:
Quote:
Today on 99.9 The Fan: The Aaron Ward Show at 4 p.m., and Canes Corner, with special guest Brett Carson, at 6:30 p.m.
The Aaron Ward Show? You've got to be kidding me... Did Maniascalco go bananas....

Or is it something like The Jay Leno show but funnier?

Or has he read our appreciation thread and decided to play along?

Old
12-22-2009, 07:37 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Actually he's done it one or two other times this season from what I remember hearing. Sadly it's still funnier then the new Leno show.

Old
12-22-2009, 07:42 PM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. I feel like he is really close to start a new career in broadcasting business.

Old
12-23-2009, 05:19 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonk View Post
Interesting, I wasn't aware of that. I feel like he is really close to start a new career in broadcasting business.
I heard the show tonight. He actually always has been a pretty decent interview so I could see a career in that for him.

The funniest part of the show for me was when he was talking about the Olympic break vs. typical Allstar break. He commented how the Allstar break is great because it is short and you can 100% get away from hockey.

With the length of the Olympic break, he said he would have to keep up his training regimen or he'd be a step or two slow when he gets back

I can't imagine him a step or two slower than he already is.

Old
12-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

Quote:
I heard the show tonight. He actually always has been a pretty decent interview so I could see a career in that for him.

The funniest part of the show for me was when he was talking about the Olympic break vs. typical Allstar break. He commented how the Allstar break is great because it is short and you can 100% get away from hockey.

With the length of the Olympic break, he said he would have to keep up his training regimen or he'd be a step or two slow when he gets back

I can't imagine him a step or two slower than he already is.
I could see him as a broadcaster, definitely. He did some games while he was out a few years back, but I can't remember if it was TV with John or radio with Chuck, pretty sure. Gritty Veteran broadcasters are always in high demand.

Old
12-23-2009, 12:13 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
TV with John, he did the color for one of the games. Needless to say, I would prefer him to take over for Tripp.

Old
12-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Sad King Jimmy
Look up, Hannah

Once Operation Hall is successfully completed, Gritty Veteran AWardo will ascend into the pressbox, and be the next color guy. Tripp will descend to the ice, and be the new back-up goalie. Cam will start 82 games a season for the rest of his career.

Old
12-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

New Appreciation Avatar. Yay.

Old
12-23-2009, 08:58 PM
Auguste Escoffier

Curse you, Ward! The Oilers needed those two points. Well, luckily for us, we have our own player helping things-- Grebeshkov

Old
12-23-2009, 09:33 PM
caniac247

Gritty veteran AWard's great game got us 2 points closer to Hall. Taking a penalty 25 seconds in was brillant work.

Old
12-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Nikita Filatov

You guys better watch out, the jackets are on a pace to steal last place! Holes everywhere in our roster, from own zone turnovers to goalies making 8 saves a game, we at least need a Fowler out of this! Wish we had and Aaron Ward though, also, kind of stupid my 2 favorite teams are playing like this...

Old
12-24-2009, 09:03 AM
geehaad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayoFilaTin View Post
You guys better watch out, the jackets are on a pace to steal last place! Holes everywhere in our roster, from own zone turnovers to goalies making 8 saves a game, we at least need a Fowler out of this! Wish we had and Aaron Ward though, also, kind of stupid my 2 favorite teams are playing like this...
I don't think I can find these intimations sincere until you change your name to MayoFailTin or your avatar to say "Carry the FAIL".

Old
12-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Dfence033

After watching that atrocity on ice yesterday... It really is just funny anymore. Maurice really has his team wanting Hall.

Closed Thread