12-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Bubbles99

vCash: 500
what a heart-breaker...

Old
12-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Georgia Dawg

Should have been two points, but 1 in better then none.

Old
12-21-2009, 08:46 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
I dont get it. the team can play lazy as hell and not even try and they get wins all the time, but they put forth a hell of a hard-working effort, and out-shoot the opponent by a mile, and lose.

The canadiens reminded me of our team. Get out-shot like crazy, have a goalie stand on his head, and end up winning because of it.

Old
12-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion856 View Post
I dont get it. the team can play lazy as hell and not even try and they get wins all the time, but they put forth a hell of a hard-working effort, and out-shoot the opponent by a mile, and lose.

The canadiens reminded me of our team. Get out-shot like crazy, have a goalie stand on his head, and end up winning because of it.
the only good thing i can think of is that if we keep playing that way we will beat most teams... Halak won that game

Old
12-21-2009, 08:47 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion856 View Post

Karma came back and bit us.

Old
12-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

the defense unicorn sort of did its job... apparently we need a "other teams goalie jinx" unicorn as well

Old
12-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Whaddagoal

Well another heart-breaker....... Suppose the refs made the right call, was about crossing over as the net was getting dislogded

I had a bad feeling about that play when Kubina was wheeling and dealing all the way deep into the offensive zone. Looked good until.... whomever it was lost possession....

1 point is ok, but when you had the lead within 2 mins to go in the 3rd........ its bitter.

____

BTW, I missed the first 2 periods, how was Kovy playing tonight, compared to the Devils game?

Old
12-21-2009, 08:49 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
That's it. Next GDT gets posted by my Motorola CLIQ.

May the Android power our team to victory. In regulation, for once!

Old
12-21-2009, 08:50 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Now a 7 game road trip... this could be brutal. Thrashers could fall out of the top 8 in the next 2 weeks... All good things come to an end, unfortunately. We don't even know if this team can play a full 60 minutes every game like they did tonight. Expect us to get out shot by 50 on Wednesday.

Start whoever too. It doesn't matter, i was fooled into believing Hedberg was consistent. He sucked in his last 2 starts.

Old
12-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaddagoal View Post
Well another heart-breaker....... Suppose the refs made the right call, was about crossing over as the net was getting dislogded

I had a bad feeling about that play when Kubina was wheeling and dealing all the way deep into the offensive zone. Looked good until.... whomever it was lost possession....

1 point is ok, but when you had the lead within 2 mins to go in the 3rd........ its bitter.

____

BTW, I missed the first 2 periods, how was Kovy playing tonight, compared to the Devils game?
he played much better, one bad play that led to a goal,but solid the rest of the night

Old
12-21-2009, 08:52 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Keep the faith ASF. Everything will be alright.

Old
12-21-2009, 08:52 PM
hockey momma

I have to assume Little was Still hurting and not benched??

Old
12-21-2009, 08:55 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

I always have faith and hope, it's the NHL. Sometimes my faith is blind, sometimes my hope is false. I'll be happy with 3 wins on the 7 game road trip.

Old
12-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever View Post
I have to assume Little was Still hurting and not benched??
he played a bit after getting hurt

Old
12-21-2009, 09:07 PM
hockey momma

One shift

Old
12-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Antropov is definitely proving himself to be worth the 4 million that we're paying him. How many games in a row has he scored in now? Four or five?

Toby has also been incredible. I remember watching him when he was in the SEL, but I never expected him to be this good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
12-21-2009, 09:51 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

The game was the best full 60 minutes in a long, long time. We called the first Montreal goal as soon as Hainsey made a stupid lob off the glass to nobody. The second goal, he was losing a puck battle in the corner while Bogosian was off playing reindeer games.

Anderson had Bogo and Valabik paired together and Hainsey and Schubert paired together in the first period and we were playing great. For some stupid reason, he went back to #4 and #6 together to start the second and we couldn't get out of our zone until Hainsey's puff play. Those two shouldn't be on the ice at the same time anymore.

It seemed that every mistake we made, they capitalized on it. We hit 3 or 4 posts on power plays and Little missed ANOTHER empty net.

White is soft as his nickname Charmin. But given that Hainsey and White have been weak on a nightly basis, this was a great game by the team. Too bad there was a long break after our 3rd goal when Halak had skate issues. Then Little got tasered by our own player's slapper. Those 2 breaks right together destroyed our momentum.

Good loud crowd tonight. Hope the team keeps up that kind of play during the road trip...

PS...first time in a long time we saw guys hitting the ice to block shots and also the first time in a while that we heard board rattling checks. Also, good to see Kovy hustling tonight. He crashed the net a few times and even backchecked some.

Old
12-21-2009, 10:17 PM
hockey momma

maybe JA should sit in the pressbox for a game or 2?

Old
12-21-2009, 10:24 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

White has to go. Anderson has to stop mixing lines in the middle of the game.. Bogo and Hainsey need to be permanitly seperated as dude above me said.

He tried to protect the lead on a PP only up 1 goal. Whether you bash me or not it's the truth. You don't mess up a PP by putting 2 defensemen on it just so the other team doesn't have a good chance at getting an odd man rush. That's called protecting the lead on a PP. Keep the original unit and we have a great chance at scoring and putting it away going up 2.

Oh well another loss is another step closer to John Anderson being fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess there is a positive out of losing after all (:

Old
12-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

white really needs to be scratched a game... put slater in his spot, he has earned it recently.

Old
12-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Lux Aurumque*

We need to get the whole Kovalchuk situation fixed ASAP. Get back a young top 6 player, and someone to replace White. Send White to the AHL. At least Hainsey does something right one in a while.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
12-22-2009, 11:13 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telfo View Post
white really needs to be scratched a game... put slater in his spot, he has earned it recently.
white needs to be traded or waived. He may not even fit in on the team, it seems from comments that "he's the CPA", and he's "pretty sensitive and you can't poke fun at him." Those may not be exact quotes, but in the silly in-house bits about best/worst dressers and other such stuff, those comments have come out.

With the team seeming to gravitate to two groups of "young guys" and "Russian guys" he just may not fit in anymore. Trade him for a big rugged third liner and move along.

Closed Thread