HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Hockey Talk by Country
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Talk by Country Talk about the other countries that are playing the world's greatest game!

Will Russia beat Canada's Record 5 straight WJC?

Old
12-20-2009, 12:44 AM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbencoyE View Post
not when every 3 out of 4 tourneys are on home ice for Canada
LOL even when they are in the US they are close to the border so the stands will be 3/4 full of Canadians.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 12:55 AM
EbencoyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
LOL even when they are in the US they are close to the border so the stands will be 3/4 full of Canadians.
exactly. Buffalo will be home ice for Canada as well because Americans don't care about junior hockey, just like North Dakota was pretty much a mini-Winnipeg

the WJC is a joke for this reason, just because the IIHF wants to make as much money off tickets as possible

EbencoyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
exactly. Buffalo will be home ice for Canada as well because Americans don't care about junior hockey, just like North Dakota was pretty much a mini-Winnipeg

the WJC is a joke for this reason, just because the IIHF wants to make as much money off tickets as possible
Then why do you care to post??

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 02:33 PM
EbencoyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Then why do you care to post??
Huh? I was speaking about Americans in general, not myself. If the WJC was in my town, I would surely go. But I doubt it'll ever come here, since I live too far from the Canadian border. And like I said, the IIHF only cares about money

Last edited by EbencoyE: 12-21-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old
12-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Huh? I was speaking about Americans in general, not myself. If the WJC was in my town, I would surely go. But I doubt it'll ever come here, since I live too far from the Canadian border. And like I said, the IIHF only cares about money
Sorry that I misintrepeted when you said "that Americans don't care about about it" and you thought it was "WJHC was a joke"!

How silly of me!

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 11:33 AM
EbencoyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Sorry that I misintrepeted when you said "that Americans don't care about about it" and you thought it was "WJHC was a joke"!

How silly of me!
Well obviously I don't speak for all Americans, but you only have to look at the WJC's in Boston and North Dakota to see the lack of interest from American fans in general.

And I said the WJC was a joke because of the fact that it is almost always played on home ice for one team. It's still a fun tournament, but this takes away some of it's credibility.

I enjoy the WJC, but I don't take it too seriously for this reason. And I'm not the only one.