HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

World Juniors: Exhibition; Sweden vs. Canada. TSN2 @ 6PM

Old
12-21-2009, 06:20 PM
40oz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Breathe Hockey View Post
what was the stat line on the oilers prospects? can we have a link up with all the oiler prospects in the WJC and their stats?
Yup, doing it in the OP of this thread:
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...0#post22447940

40oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 06:38 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola View Post
They got under the skin of the Swedes didn't they? Embarrassed, hardly, fans in Canada are used to a gritty kind of hockey and I didn't see too many Canadians upset about it. I know the Oilers suck but ragging on the Canadian junior team give me a break.
There is nothing gritty about suckering someone on a shift change. Chicken **** maybe but not gritty.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 02:25 AM
The Human Torch

Send a message via MSN to The Human Torch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
I didn't think they were too bad at all. Infact I kind of liked them.

You can't please hockey fans (especially Canadians) when it comes to jerseys, simply impossible. In almost every other sport (aside from maybe football), fans applaud fun, bold colour schemes and designs.

Hockey fans are minimalists when it comes to jerseys, and I guess there's nothing wrong with that, but it's funny how much people complain, and how particular/picky they are about them looking.
It just seems very odd to me that our jerseys don't feature our national colors.

Could you imagine the uproar if the USA Olympic Basketball team wore green jerseys instead of the red white and blue? Can you ever imagine Sweden coming out in anything but blue and yellow?

Even the Beijing Olympic athlete uniforms were red, white, and green. Made us look more like Team Mexico than anything else. Whose brilliant idea was that?

The Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 09:04 AM
TheBusDriver
Private Eyes

when is the next game?

edit: today at 6 PST

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=4124

There is the complete schedule for anyone who wants it.

TheBusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 11:41 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
Why is Cormier the captain. Good gritty player and all but he has got to be one of the dirtiest players i have seen play for Canada never mind be a captain. He might even get suspended for that elbow he dished for no real reason.
I almost hope that the coach would take away his C for a play like that. He is very lucky that he did not get 5 and a game for that hit and will be even luckier if he doesnt get suspended.

I am all for physically intimidating the other teams but do it within the rules. If MPS would have been on the recieving end of that elbow everyone here would be screaming for Cormiers head and for a IIHF suspension.

I like a lot of the players on the team but guys like Cormier and DellaRover have letters on their jerseys is an embarassment to Canada.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 11:44 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
I almost hope that the coach would take away his C for a play like that. He is very lucky that he did not get 5 and a game for that hit and will be even luckier if he doesnt get suspended.

I am all for physically intimidating the other teams but do it within the rules. If MPS would have been on the recieving end of that elbow everyone here would be screaming for Cormiers head and for a IIHF suspension.

I like a lot of the players on the team but guys like Cormier and DellaRover have letters on their jerseys is an embarassment to Canada.
Maybe you will feel differently if the team wins the gold medal.

hmminvisiblecola1279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 11:57 AM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Maybe you will feel differently if the team wins the gold medal.
no I still will not cheer for a player who elbows a guy in the head away from the play like Cormier did. It was a total BS play.

Old
12-22-2009, 12:07 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
no I still will not cheer for a player who elbows a guy in the head away from the play like Cormier did. It was a total BS play.
Either way the New Jersey Devils got a good player, a responsible two way player. Go ahead and dismiss this guy after one incident, pretty sad you judge a player based on one game. If you have watched the WJC for the last number of years a lot of the teams play a gritty style and lets be honest they are young guys at times who are going to blow a fuse. Is that right, no, but it happens and I for one stick up for our Canadian boys. I guess the Swedes abusing the officials was A-OK then.

Old
12-22-2009, 12:38 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Either way the New Jersey Devils got a good player, a responsible two way player. Go ahead and dismiss this guy after one incident, pretty sad you judge a player based on one game. If you have watched the WJC for the last number of years a lot of the teams play a gritty style and lets be honest they are young guys at times who are going to blow a fuse. Is that right, no, but it happens and I for one stick up for our Canadian boys. I guess the Swedes abusing the officials was A-OK then.
Good for the NJD, what Cormier did against Sweden was not good for Canada. That is the first time have have seen him play, and all game he was a total DB.

Guys like Downie and Jack Johnson left bad impressions during the WJHC and I still dont care for either player. If Cormier and DellaRover smarten up and stop taking stupid, cheap penalties they may be able to change the impression they have given.

Like I said I am all for gritty, physically intimidating game, I just do not have blinders on and will not support players who play for the name on the back of the jersey not the name on the front of it.

Old
12-22-2009, 12:42 PM
40oz

Someone should make a GDT for the Finland game, Rajala and Teemu deserve one. (I would make it but I have a legit excuse, see fine print below).
Posted via Mobile Device

40oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:52 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

Quote:
Good for the NJD, what Cormier did against Sweden was not good for Canada. That is the first time have have seen him play, and all game he was a total DB.

Guys like Downie and Jack Johnson left bad impressions during the WJHC and I still dont care for either player. If Cormier and DellaRover smarten up and stop taking stupid, cheap penalties they may be able to change the impression they have given.

Like I said I am all for gritty, physically intimidating game, I just do not have blinders on and will not support players who play for the name on the back of the jersey not the name on the front of it.
I agree with you on Della Rovere, but not Cormier. I just hope Willie Desjardins can keep a rope on Della Rovere.

Old
12-22-2009, 01:02 PM
WayneHemsky

ty, just the reason I opened the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBusDriver View Post
when is the next game?

edit: today at 6 PST

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=4124

There is the complete schedule for anyone who wants it.

WayneHemsky is offline   Reply With Quote