HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Practice Lines / Simmonds, Smyth and Johnson Back!

Old
12-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Guess whos back
Guess whos back
back again
Mollers back
Tell a Kings fan

From lovely Hammond
http://lakingsinsider.com/
For someone who's primarily suppose to be a winger sure is getting a lot of time as the center.

A bit surprised that Richardson is starting as the LW on the 2nd line (take note Diehard & JDM) over Frolov. But then again, TM has 3 more days to tinker with the lineup.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 02:45 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
For someone who's primarily suppose to be a winger sure is getting a lot of time as the center.

A bit surprised that Richardson is starting as the LW on the 2nd line (take note Diehard & JDM) over Frolov. But then again, TM has 3 more days to tinker with the lineup.
Why?

I love the idea of Moller playing with Frolov and Simmonds. Simmonds will answer for any trash on Moller and Frolov will have the puck most of the time anyways, leaving Moller open to shoot and Simmonds to crash the net. I imagine great things from that line, and we already saw that Richardson-Zus-Brown can be very effective.

Saturday can't come soon enough!

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 02:47 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Honestly what happened with Parse?

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 02:48 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012 S.C. Champs

Glad to see Elkins back but bummed out about Parse. I thought he was doing real well...

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Why?

I love the idea of Moller playing with Frolov and Simmonds. Simmonds will answer for any trash on Moller and Frolov will have the puck most of the time anyways, leaving Moller open to shoot and Simmonds to crash the net. I imagine great things from that line, and we already saw that Richardson-Zus-Brown can be very effective.

Saturday can't come soon enough!
Because about a month ago, I suggested that Richardson should get a look at 2nd line and both you and Diehard were very much against it. Remember?

Old
12-22-2009, 02:52 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Because about a month ago, I suggested that Richardson should get a look at 2nd line and both you and Diehard were very much against it. Remember?
To be honest I don't. I remember saying recently it was strange that Richardson got bumped to wing over Moller just a week after DL said Moller was a winger with the organization.

If I was against it, I'm sure it's because I thought he worked so well on the 4th line, I thought it would balance the lines out (this was obviously before Elkins). I've been a big Richie supporter all season.

I've been enjoying Richardson getting more minutes since Stoll went down. Gotta love it when your depth guys step up to the plate and not only eat up more quality minutes, but thrive in different roles.

If you remember, I did a little piece at the beginning of the season on Richardson and how I thought he was a really good player. http://lakingsnews.com/2009/10/11/li...ad-richardson/

Quote:
In last night’s 2-1 road win against the St. Louis Blues, Richardson made one of those quietly exceptional plays. While some would prefer to be tracking the junior stats of the 2008 2nd round draft pick Dean Lombardi traded to acquire Richardson, this writer is increasingly more pleased with the utilitarian, intelligent play number 15 is bringing to the rink.
And that was October 11th, so boo ya!

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
If you remember, I did a little piece at the beginning of the season on Richardson and how I thought he was a really good player. http://lakingsnews.com/2009/10/11/li...ad-richardson/

And that was October 11th, so boo ya!
Yes, I'm sure it was a good article. I'll have to get to it when I have some downtime.

However, while you wanted to keep Richardson as a bottomline centerman, it was yours truly that suggested that his speed could be beneficial not only as center but as a LW on a second line.

Bottomline is while you and I saw the value of Richardson, Diehard as usual was clueless.

Old
12-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Johnny Utah

Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Richardson-Handzus-Brown
Frolov-Moller-Simmonds

And now possibly...

Ivanans-Elkins-Purcell/Segal

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:

Moller is a natural center

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Moller is a natural center
I knows this.

However, DL was recently quoted of saying that Moller will be primarily used as a winger not a center, that's all.

Old
12-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Youngblood93

I was albe to stop by the practice today at lunch and really liked the lines. They were working on the powerplay when I got there and the lines were as follows.

Smyth Frolov Williams,
Moller Handzus Brown,

Kopitar, Doughty and Johnson were rotating on the points

I really liked the 4th line.

Ivanans Elkins Segal/Purcell

Purcell in the stands would be nice.

Last edited by Youngblood93: 12-22-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 06:52 PM
jmichael7753

I got two serious questions for you kings fans? Why are you guys making such a big deal about simmonds coming back, he has sort of impressed me but to me he is just another 2nd line foward nothing overly impressive. And Arent you guys worried that with Smyth coming back it could throw the kings off having to get reaquanted with him?

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 07:09 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post
I got two serious questions for you kings fans? Why are you guys making such a big deal about simmonds coming back, he has sort of impressed me but to me he is just another 2nd line foward nothing overly impressive. And Arent you guys worried that with Smyth coming back it could throw the kings off having to get reaquanted with him?
Simmonds is so important because he brings so much energy, and when needed he finds ways to put pucks in the net. As far as Smyth goes, I don't see that being an issue. He and Kopi seem to mesh from day 1.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Simmonds leads the Kings with a +13 and bring so many intangibles to the team.

RE: Smyth, adding a point per game player can never hurt a team and the Smyth-Kopitar-Williams line was the best in hockey.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
What?

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Hollywood

Simmonds is a very good 3rd line forward. Perhaps if he gains another 15-20lbs and shows some more skill as opposed to strictly north south ability then he maybe could be a 2nd line forward with the right players... right now I love him on the 3rd line

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote