HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

RDS: Kovalchuck and Thrashers unable to come to agreement

Old
12-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Wow first of all Lehtonen's contract is not going anywhere... Don't be so confident that he won't get re-signed.

Moose will not be a Thrasher next year, Lehtonen is >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pavelec... (when healthy which i believe he will be and cannot wait to see him back in action soon)

Peverley will be a fool to accept a 2m contract. If he keeps up his ppg play he will get atleast 4m per. Antropov is making 4m per and isn't even a pgg player.

White needs to go..... dump his i think 2.4

If we can re-sign Kubina, than Hainsey has to go and dump his 4.5
unfortunately lehtonen is making 3 million per year. there's a good chance pavelec could be re-signed for under 2 million per year. the money saved there is worth the slight dropoff in skill, especially considering injury history. hedberg will stay if he continues to play like he has been. he is our number one goaltender right now. trade white for a 7th round draft pick for all i care to move salary. peverley accepted a little over a million for the next two years. he seems happy just to be making an nhl salary right now. maybe that changes in a few years if he is still putting up star player numbers.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Man View Post
If he is looking for 11 million a year then I can't see him playing in the NHL past this season.
If he hits the open market and can be had for free, someone would pay him that. Let me put it this way. The Rangers can either trade or bury in the AHL Redden&Rosie and save $11.5.

Kovalchuk > R&R, so I would definitely want the Rangers to do it, even if they have to add a second round pick with each of Rosie and Redden to get someone to take them.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Poggemon Destiny*

What the hell do you negotiate for 4 hours?!

Agent: We want 11m
DW: How about 6?
Agent: 11
DW: 6.5?
DW: 7?
DW: 8?
DW: 8.5?
DW: 9?