HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NJD and TOR

Old
12-22-2009, 01:00 PM
RainingRats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
say what you want but im sorry but Kaberle > Martin .... and njd fan who says other wise is crazy...
Kaberle may be better but not by enough to justify a trade.

RainingRats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 01:09 PM
embracedbias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
In that case, Kaberle isn't getting traded, because I don't think anybody would pay more than that for Kaberle.
Bingo.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Dr Grant

Send a message via MSN to Dr Grant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Martin was the most important member of the Devils last season. More important than Parise.

I'm trying to find that McKenzie article.
Read My sig. That's exactly what he said last year.

Dr Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Mojo19
He's Big, He's Bald

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangible_faith View Post
ThirdlyWhen someone says that Komisarek is better than Martin defensivly, then everything else they say becomes irrelevant...
Komisarek has played better the last little while, but any Leaf fan will tell you he has been a bag of **** most of the year. Why was he an all-star D last year?
Komisarek is a defensive MACHINE. Contrary to your belief.... most Leaf fans will tell you that Komisarek has been bullet-proof since he returned from injury.

However, this really has nothing to do with Komisarek, but nice try with your attempt to direct attention away from Martin. My point is..... if you actually think that Paul Martin is one of the top 5-10 overall defensive defensemen in the league, then you are off your rocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Not a chance Lou makes that deal. With Bergfors graduated to the NHL this year, Josefson is our best prospect. Furthermore, he is a centre, a position we need in the next few years. Salvador has been fantastic for us this year, he's precisely the type of defenceman we need for the playoffs. However, for Kaberle, I think Lou might be persuaded to include Salvador in the deal.

Salvador, 1st 2010 and a lesser prospect would work better in my mind.
You can't expect to trade for one of the top 15 offensive Dmen IN THE LEAGUE, and not give up a good prospect. I thought Tedenby would be your best prospect after Bergfors?

You can't expect to pluck Kaberle for a #4-5 Dman, a 1st Rounder, and a "lesser prospect". The deal I put down would be waaaaay too little for most Leaf fans, and probably Brian Burke too, to accept as it is.

Mojo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ4 View Post
Read My sig. That's exactly what he said last year.
Bob McKenzie was probably on crack.

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo027 View Post
You can't expect to trade for one of the top 15 offensive Dmen IN THE LEAGUE, and not give up a good prospect. I thought Tedenby would be your best prospect after Bergfors?

You can't expect to pluck Kaberle for a #4-5 Dman, a 1st Rounder, and a "lesser prospect". The deal I put down would be waaaaay too little for most Leaf fans, and probably Brian Burke too, to accept as it is.
Josefson is our best prospect because he plays a complete two way game. He fits the mould of a typical Devils forward. Tedenby is flashier offensively, but his defence is suspect, and he needs more size and strength to compete in the NHL effectively.

Based on what Leafs fans seem to be expecting in return for Kaberle, I'd say Burke is delusional. Nobody is likely to pay such an absurd price, so Kaberle will probably stay until the end of his contract. Burke really has painted himself into a corner with the Kessel trade. He can't rebuild because he doesn't have a top pick for the next two years. The Leafs also don't look like a playoff team right now, so he's not a buyer. The best way to rebuild would be to move a veteran like Kaberle, but it looks like Burke's pride or ego or whatever is preventing that.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Komisarek is a defensive MACHINE. Contrary to your belief.... most Leaf fans will tell you that Komisarek has been bullet-proof since he returned from injury.

However, this really has nothing to do with Komisarek, but nice try with your attempt to direct attention away from Martin. My point is..... if you actually think that Paul Martin is one of the top 5-10 overall defensive defensemen in the league, then you are off your rocker.

bolded for irony

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 04:00 PM
MasterofGrond
No, I'm not serious.

Quote:
Firstly..... Paul Martin is not an all-star defenseman. He is merely a good two way Dman.
Secondly...... Paul Martin is not one of the top 5-10 best defensive Dmen in the league. Chara, Pronger, Lidstrom, Regehr, Weber, Doughty, Neidermayer, Seabrook, Komisarek, Kronwall, Foote, Ohlund, Orpik, Phillips, Volchenkov....
I went ahead and bolded the guys who are actually better defensively than Paul Martin. There are guys who are better defensemen not bolded (Weber and Nieds), but they're better because of their offensive talents, not their defensive ones.

Anyone who believese Paul Martin is "merely a good two way Dman" has either never watched the man play, trolling, or doesn't understand the sport.

MasterofGrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Puckclektr

Quote:

I live in Toronto, am a Leaf fan, and watch almost as many Leaf games as the Devils.. Komisarek has been a bag of ****, but like I said, he has improved his game as of late. He is not close to the same defensive level that Martin is.
I will trust my own opinion as someone who watches both teams on a regular basis, over a guy who probably only watches a couple of Devils games a year..

Puckclektr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan2 View Post
NJ getting ripped off value wise but Kaberle isn't getting traded for Martin +, probably a return of young nhl player + high propsect + 1st Round (Depending on the prospect).
No they aren't. Martin is gonna be an UFA. We have one of the best defencemen in the league on an incredibly cheap contract. The difference in the value between that is greater than a second. But I agree with the notion that Kaberle isn't getting traded for Martin +. We would mostly likely replenish our prospect pool, or go for a straight up top line forward.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote