HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Kostopoulos want return a habs.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-22-2009, 05:25 PM
  #26
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,072
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanton View Post
Cantstopwontstopoulos is going nowhere and is certainly not return a habs. He is near untouchable player, though could be had for right price.

He's really an untouchable on your team? Explain

Joey is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:25 PM
  #27
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
He's really an untouchable on your team? Explain
I think you missed the

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:28 PM
  #28
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,869
vCash: 500
Get that man in a Habs uni ASAP.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:29 PM
  #29
CuteHockeyBunny
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
That guy bleeds bleu, blanc and a hell of a lot of rouge. That's why we love him though. Bring TK back!

CuteHockeyBunny is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:30 PM
  #30
McNuts
Registered User
 
McNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Yes let`s trade the best fighter in the league for the worst one.
Laraque isn't a fighter.

If someone kills Plekanec with an elbow charge, Laraque will politely ask him to fight, and be all like "dang" if the answer is no.

McNuts is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:32 PM
  #31
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,221
vCash: 500
Only if they take Gomez.

Habs is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:38 PM
  #32
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,265
vCash: 500
He was the only one with Komisarek I would have kept... damn I miss his all-out play, Lapierre miss him that's for sure... Moen - Lapierre - Kostopoulos would be great !

Vasculio is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:39 PM
  #33
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,570
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Only if they take Gomez.
Done, but only if the Habs throw in a 1st and take A.Ward, Brind'amour, Samsonov, Cole, LaRose, Wallin, and Walker.

Very sad that the number of vastly overpaid players on the 'Canes almost reaches double digits. Habs fans should consider themselves lucky that Gomez at least has decent hockey skills and can skate. The players with albatross contracts on the 'Canes have no identifiable talent to speak of.

impeach estaalo is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:43 PM
  #34
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,326
vCash: 500
Laraque for Kostopoulos.

Trade that useless sack of **** Bob!

Tommy!

Coldplay is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:45 PM
  #35
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
LOL. At least Kostopoulos is not afraid to drop them. Plus he's not a detriment to the team.

And that will always be the difference between you and me, i would much rather have the player who doesn`t drop em but imposes RESPECT on the ice rather then the one who drops em, loses the fight and teaches nothing.

BTW, i would love to see the ratio of heavyweight goons who refused to drop em againts Laraque because they were scared to the point of crapping in their pants with the times Laraque refused to drop em, and then i would love to see another ratio of the number of cheapshots and yappers in the games Laraque is in and out of the line-up.

Maxpac is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:47 PM
  #36
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanton View Post
Done, but only if the Habs throw in a 1st and take A.Ward, Brind'amour, Samsonov, Cole, LaRose, Wallin, and Walker.

Very sad that the number of vastly overpaid players on the 'Canes almost reaches double digits. Habs fans should consider themselves lucky that Gomez at least has decent hockey skills and can skate. The players with albatross contracts on the 'Canes have no identifiable talent to speak of.
I'd be tempted by a Gomez for Brind'Amour, Cole and Kostopoulos deal.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:48 PM
  #37
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
And that will always be the difference between you and me, i would much rather have the player who doesn`t drop em but imposes RESPECT on the ice rather then the one who drops em, loses the fight and teaches nothing.

BTW, i would love to see the ratio of heavyweight goons who refused to drop em againts Laraque because they were scared to the point of crapping in their pants with the times Laraque refused to drop em, and then i would love to see another ratio of the number of cheapshots and yappers in the games Laraque is in and out of the line-up.
LOL Laraque commands "RESPECT" eh?

What about Sutton's cross-check to Plekanec's face? He sure didn't seem afraid to do that with Big Bad Georges in the lineup.

What about ****ing Lucic taking a run at Komisarek last year? We hate Komo now, but he was a Hab then. Oh yeah, Big Bad Georges was also in the lineup...got on the ice and smiled a bit at Lucic. I'm sure Lucy was "crapping in his pants" too when he injured Komisarek, oh yeah, he was shaking at the thought that Big Bad Georges was gonna come looking for him just to give him a big grin and tap his stick a bit.

What about Metropolit getting cross-checked in the face against Atlanta when we lost in OT?

I can go on.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:52 PM
  #38
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHou View Post
He lose too many fight.
At least he tries...

Analyzer is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:53 PM
  #39
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
At least he tries...
And at least he brings more to the table than Laraque at twice the price does.

Kostopoulos found a way to get 35 points in two seasons here, Larauseless has 4 points and a -12 rating.


Coldplay is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:55 PM
  #40
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,570
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLPacman67 View Post
I'd be tempted by a Gomez for Brind'Amour, Cole and Kostopoulos deal.
I'd do that if Gomez's contract expired at the same time as Brind'amour/Cole. The three extra years on Gomez's deal makes it a no-go unless something else significant is being included by the Habs.

impeach estaalo is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:56 PM
  #41
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life
 
Turtleneck Plek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanton View Post
Cantstopwontstopoulos is going nowhere and is certainly not return a habs. He is near untouchable player, though could be had for right price.

To CAR:
Markov
Halak
Patches
2nd
Conditional 7th

To MTL:
Cantstopwontstopoulos
Aaron Ward (he speaks French!)

I wouldn't trade Ward if I was you. After all, he's the key to Taylor Hall for you guys. If Kosto is untouchable, Ward is Kosto. I'd say Aaron Ward is the most important player in your line-up right now.

Turtleneck Plek is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 05:57 PM
  #42
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
LOL Laraque commands "RESPECT" eh?

What about Sutton's cross-check to Plekanec's face? He sure didn't seem afraid to do that with Big Bad Georges in the lineup.

What about ****ing Lucic taking a run at Komisarek last year? We hate Komo now, but he was a Hab then. Oh yeah, Big Bad Georges was also in the lineup...got on the ice and smiled a bit at Lucic. I'm sure Lucy was "crapping in his pants" too when he injured Komisarek, oh yeah, he was shaking at the thought that Big Bad Georges was gonna come looking for him just to give him a big grin and tap his stick a bit.

What about Metropolit getting cross-checked in the face against Atlanta when we lost in OT?

I can go on.


Komisarek had taken multiple runs at Lucic and that fight was 2 years in the makings. A 6`4 245 pound physical defensmen doesn`t need a goon fighting his battles, especially againts a player who`s not even a goon to begin with. I can`t believe i`m still having this discussion with the series againts the Flyers and the fiascos of a game vs Toronto with Bouillon having to fight May and the one with Boston where we got beat up like a bunch of **** for 3 periods. I bet you 95% of the clowns who think they know a goon`s job would be crying to have Laraque back 3 weeks after he left, and until further notice, Gainey and Martin kind of agree with me...

All you did was pointing out 3 occasions on a 2 year spand, but before we brought in Laraque we had more cheapshots on us every game.

Maxpac is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 06:00 PM
  #43
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
At least he tries...
and acomplishes what? D`Agostini tries too and he aint doing **** right now.

Maxpac is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 06:02 PM
  #44
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanton View Post
I'd do that if Gomez's contract expired at the same time as Brind'amour/Cole. The three extra years on Gomez's deal makes it a no-go unless something else significant is being included by the Habs.
Yeah, I wouldn't do it if that was the case.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 06:03 PM
  #45
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,570
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
I wouldn't trade Ward if I was you. After all, he's the key to Taylor Hall for you guys. If Kosto is untouchable, Ward is Kosto. I'd say Aaron Ward is the most important player in your line-up right now.
The deal will go down after the 'Canes are mathematically guaranteed 30th place and no longer need Taylor Hall's #1 Fan Aaron Ward. At their current blistering pace of 1 win in 18 road games (), that should happen sometime in early February.

impeach estaalo is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 06:16 PM
  #46
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,724
vCash: 500
Laraque for TK?
Posted via Mobile Device

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 06:20 PM
  #47
DeVries*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In your face
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,979
vCash: 500
Who wouldn't miss Montreal playing in Carolina right now?

DeVries* is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 06:22 PM
  #48
m00ks
Registered User
 
m00ks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 7,887
vCash: 500
Man I wish we still had him. TK's awesome. Hard working, reliable, passionate, I'd take him over Laraque or D'ago any day. I don't understand why he was let go.

m00ks is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 06:24 PM
  #49
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,108
vCash: 500
The Witehall thread was closed, so I'm fully expecting this one to be as well.

Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
12-22-2009, 06:25 PM
  #50
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau
 
Jee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Ireland
Posts: 17,302
vCash: 50
I was surprised Bob didnt sign him back... I totally loved him!

what did he actually say?

Jee is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.