HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa-Calgary

Old
12-22-2009, 11:58 AM
DownInFlames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
i dont do this, Phaneuf sucks and we dont need more guys who cant cut it defensively....

also we have no one to replace Spezza.
I can do this too. I don't do this, Spezza sucks offensively and defensively. We don't need another floater who can't cut it in either zone.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Mach 9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesOwnYou View Post
I can do this too. I don't do this, Spezza sucks offensively and defensively. We don't need another floater who can't cut it in either zone.
You really haven't seen spezza this year have you?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mach 9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:17 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach 9 View Post
You really haven't seen spezza this year have you?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, yes I have. I watch all the Sens games I can catch. I just don't think Spezza is all he's made out to be by Sens fans.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
You could say the same about Kovalev. So maybe we should swap Olli for Kovy...

Actually, on second thought, from what I've heard, Kovy raises his game in the playoffs, whereas with Olli, he wasnt in the playoffs at all until last year, and I dont beleive performed all that well in the playoffs (along with the rest of the Flames team, as they went out in the first round).

So I don't even think I'd trade Kovy straight up for Olli, as Kovy is a more known quantity in the playoffs, and has developed some chemistry with Fish.
Wooooosh.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Spezza
SJ's 2nd

for

Phaneuf
and a Centre

I just dont see how we'd solve the logjam on D or any centre's Calgary would give up that could really help us out.

on second thought... This just really doesnt work... for both parties.

Last edited by Marty Straka: 12-22-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 12:59 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
Spezza
SJ's 2nd

for

Phaneuf
and a Centre

I just dont see how we'd solve the logjam on D or any centre's Calgary would give up that could really help us out.

on second thought... This just really doesnt work... for both parties.
Phaneuf > Spezza. No thank you.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Totally different situation. Montreal was a team that totally blew up its offence before the offseason.

There are no teams looking to do that now.
Of course... I'Ve been proven many times before that HF knows it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Pagan View Post
Thing is xspyrit, there's a thing called risk. And in this trade the Flames bare most of the risk. Why? Well because they're trading a more proven player. Besides last year's injury plagued season, Phaneuf has consistently produced and gotten better with every season in the league.
This is an injury plagued season for Spezza as well. Last year, he still had 32 goals and 41 assists in a season where every Sens player had a big drop in their offensive production. It had more something to do with the Hartsburg's system than a "mediocre Spezza season"

Quote:
Spezza is not as proven. He's in the middle of his second mediocre season and has some troubling injury history, specifically with respect to his back. He's paid more and frankly isn't anywhere near as productive as his contract would dictate. Until Spezza can prove that he can produce like an elite scorer then his salary completely distorts the pay structure of a competitive team.

Quote:
With that in mind, there's just no way that in terms of value Spezza equals Phaneuf. If that trade happens the Flames get more expensive and worse. Sure we get a great playmaker to play with Iginla. But what Iginla has proved throughout his illustrious career is that he doesn't need a playmaker to consistently be a top ten player in this league. Meanwhile we would lose a dynamic element on our backend.
Maybe not right now because Spezza had a slow start plagued by injuries, but i would like to see what NHL GMs think about this. I could care less of what some random dudes on the web think about it.

I dunno if you guys read the thread a bit but i didn't say (and other Sens fans as well) that this trade makes sense for both teams. Actually, i believe it would make a bit more sense for the Flames, in the sense that they would get a long-term #1 center (unless they plan on re-signing Jokinen) and could probably live without Phaneuf since they already have Bouwmeester, Regher, Giordano, Pardy, Sarich...

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Lunatik*

I don't think the Flames have any interest in a contract the same size as Iginla's... I like Spezza but not at 7 million per

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post
umm.... so your saying Volchenkov>>>Phaneuf??? From what I understand Volchenkov is not going to stay, and Calgary would need a defenceman in return as well, so to make it work I add your best FA D from next summer for Jokinen. It is the only way I see the trade working, even if Calgary has to throw in a prospect or pick to make it work.
From what you understand? Sorry, I'm not going to take you at your word. Link please.

Highbrow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Kamina
Amok

Spezza is not going to be traded. Enough said.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote