HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

27th Obsequious Banter Thread: Cobain, Morrison, Hendrix, Pigpen, Joplin, Our Season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2009, 02:32 AM
  #26
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,183
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsCannon View Post
nirvana sucked.
Nah.

PhilaFlyers is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 02:53 AM
  #27
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,789
vCash: 50
Nirvana may not have sucked, but extremely overrated. Much better bands in that era that never got the exposure because their lead singer didn't have a tragedy.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
12-23-2009, 02:57 AM
  #28
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Nirvana may not have sucked, but extremely overrated. Much better bands in that era that never got the exposure because their lead singer didn't have a tragedy.
Nirvana was huge before Kurt Cobain offed himself.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 03:13 AM
  #29
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,789
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Nirvana was huge before Kurt Cobain offed himself.
I know, but nowadays people view them as the greatest band of the 90s and one of the greatest bands of all time, IMO they aren't even close to being the best band of the 90s.

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
12-23-2009, 03:32 AM
  #30
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I know, but nowadays people view them as the greatest band of the 90s and one of the greatest bands of all time, IMO they aren't even close to being the best band of the 90s.
Not debating that, my point was just that they weren't famous because of Kurt Cobain's death. Though I agree it has caused people to be somewhat over reverential and nostalgic about the band as the years have gone on.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 03:39 AM
  #31
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsCannon View Post
nirvana sucked.
Pure blasphemy.

Alchemy is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 03:40 AM
  #32
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 12,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Didnt realize there were that many Cobain haters. He kinda is responsible for alternative and all that crap it turned into. (like on the music thread)
More like responsible for putting grunge on the mainstream level.

Alchemy is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 06:45 AM
  #33
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
Pure blasphemy.
Nirvana never was something I really liked, but I'll never deny that:

A. Kurt Cobain was a ****ing genius when it came to music.
B. They had a HUGE influence on music today.

I love Alice in Chains though. RIP Layne...

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 07:22 AM
  #34
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Nirvana was huge before Kurt Cobain offed himself.
He was murdered! Murdered I say!

I'm a big Nirvana fan. Them and the Grateful Dead are my two favorite bands. Kindof opposite sides of the spectrum.

But I never much cared for Pearl Jam or Alice in Chains. Im not sure why.

DeadPhish5858 is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 07:32 AM
  #35
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,890
vCash: 5792
Kristen Pfaff, also in the 27 Club. Former bassist of Hole. Obviously people couldn't handle Courtney Love's influence.

GKJ is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 08:51 AM
  #36
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
**** music.

JSTAFF is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 08:55 AM
  #37
Kambo
 
Kambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pennsauken, NJ
Country: Ireland
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Jim Morrison is seriously the ****ing MAN though.

I hold him in higher regard than Hendrix. He was a crazy ****ing guy, and it was amazing.
If that mother ****er was alive, I'd still do him. Died on my dad's 18th birthday too. <3 him. The Doors are my most favorite band ever.

Kambo is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 10:00 AM
  #38
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
**** music.
This. haha.


Anyone else anal about organizing their iTunes (or other software) libraries? I keep that **** more organized then pretty much everything else I can think of. Even ripped songs have correct artist and song titles as well as proper capitalization, album artwork and track info (tuneup for itunes helped with the last two).

For some reason, lowercase words and missing album artwork piss me the **** off.

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 10:05 AM
  #39
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
This. haha.


Anyone else anal about organizing their iTunes (or other software) libraries? I keep that **** more organized then pretty much everything else I can think of. Even ripped songs have correct artist and song titles as well as proper capitalization, album artwork and track info (tuneup for itunes helped with the last two).

For some reason, lowercase words and missing album artwork piss me the **** off.
Same. Only a few things I've let slide. Also, some of the stuff I get rips with _ instead of spaces, I'll let that slide. Otherwise, if iTunes can't find the artwork, I get it and manually add it.

And on that note, time for some Megadeth.

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 10:08 AM
  #40
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
This. haha.


Anyone else anal about organizing their iTunes (or other software) libraries? I keep that **** more organized then pretty much everything else I can think of. Even ripped songs have correct artist and song titles as well as proper capitalization, album artwork and track info (tuneup for itunes helped with the last two).

For some reason, lowercase words and missing album artwork piss me the **** off.
Most people are total ****ing tards when it comes to keeping the ID tags of MP3s correct. Downloading songs is always a crapshoot with so many misspellings, stupid ********, and crazy stuff going on.

It takes awhile to get everything organized. The nice thing about actually buying legit songs is that everything is perfect. The worst is people who have iPods full of Rap that was downloaded from piracy sites. No naming convention at all.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 10:11 AM
  #41
IAN aka RYAN
Registered User
 
IAN aka RYAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Del.Co. PA
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Most people are total ****ing tards when it comes to keeping the ID tags of MP3s correct. Downloading songs is always a crapshoot with so many misspellings, stupid ********, and crazy stuff going on.

It takes awhile to get everything organized. The nice thing about actually buying legit songs is that everything is perfect. The worst is people who have iPods full of Rap that was downloaded from piracy sites. No naming convention at all.
I ****ing hate it when i see it... take the 3 seconds to grammatically correct the ****ing idiot you stole it from. Or Buy the god damn song. I buy a lot of songs just for the quality, but im not a millionaire so i have to settle for less sometimes.

IAN aka RYAN is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 10:13 AM
  #42
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN aka RYAN View Post
I ****ing hate it when i see it... take the 3 seconds to grammatically correct the ****ing idiot you stole it from. Or Buy the god damn song. I buy a lot of songs just for the quality, but im not a millionaire so i have to settle for less sometimes.
good morning beautiful, how was your night, mine was wonderful with you by my sideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

JSTAFF is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 10:15 AM
  #43
IAN aka RYAN
Registered User
 
IAN aka RYAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Del.Co. PA
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
good morning beautiful, how was your night, mine was wonderful with you by my sideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Im missing some underlying homo'ness here? Or a retarded something your quoting that i dont know.

IAN aka RYAN is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 10:19 AM
  #44
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN aka RYAN View Post
Im missing some underlying homo'ness here? Or a retarded something your quoting that i dont know.
country music. download the song, its good stuff. instant panty removal.

JSTAFF is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 10:24 AM
  #45
IAN aka RYAN
Registered User
 
IAN aka RYAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Del.Co. PA
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTAFF View Post
country music. download the song, its good stuff. instant panty removal.
Country music sucks.

IAN aka RYAN is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 10:27 AM
  #46
JSTAFF
Registered User
 
JSTAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN aka RYAN View Post
Country music sucks.
you suck ian

JSTAFF is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 10:32 AM
  #47
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN aka RYAN View Post
Country music sucks.
This is true. It's fairly safe to say that the cure for cancer is not going to come from the mind of a country music fan. However, country music fans have made great strides in devising the most effective ways to get drunk off of PBR and beat the **** out of their wives while simultaneously hating brown people.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 10:39 AM
  #48
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Kurt Cobain can suck my ****ing balls.
Agreed.

Over.

Rated.

TheDrizzle81 is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 10:41 AM
  #49
IAN aka RYAN
Registered User
 
IAN aka RYAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Del.Co. PA
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 783
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IAN aka RYAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
This is true. It's fairly safe to say that the cure for cancer is not going to come from the mind of a country music fan. However, country music fans have made great strides in devising the most effective ways to get drunk off of PBR and beat the **** out of their wives while simultaneously hating brown people.
You forgot Nascar. Apparently, thats a sport by ways of country music. I dont know how singing horribly, with a pitchy voice about tractors, your best friend (dog), and horses has such an appeal. Bring Back Johnny Cash.

IAN aka RYAN is offline  
Old
12-23-2009, 10:42 AM
  #50
rayearth
Registered User
 
rayearth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Kristen Pfaff, also in the 27 Club. Former bassist of Hole. Obviously people couldn't handle Courtney Love's influence.
Also, Brian Jones and Robert Johnson.

rayearth is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.