HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

27th Obsequious Banter Thread: Cobain, Morrison, Hendrix, Pigpen, Joplin, Our Season

Closed Thread

Old
12-23-2009, 11:20 AM
TheSkatingDutchman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Well said Val. Taylor Swift and all her ilk? Please... pure, unadulterated crap.

Most of Cash's songs (and most of the best songs of any genre) are stories - based on love or love gone wrong.

I can think of one country song in the past 20 years that refers to a tractor. One.

You guys need to research some Waylon, Merle, Hank, even Kristoffersen, and get back to me and tell me about tractors.
Johnny Cash (even though this was a cover)

Country today

The majority of mainstream music is gonna be terrible. The trick is straddling the line between being a fan of music and being a ****** bag hipster.

Old
12-23-2009, 11:24 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
This was a pretty awesome Johnny Cash song:

Old
12-23-2009, 11:24 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Everyone should see Skynyrd before the rest of them die.

Old
12-23-2009, 11:26 AM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Theres only 1 origional guy left...

I seen em twice well worth the ticket price. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBIIIIIIIIIIIIIRD!

Old
12-23-2009, 11:27 AM
TheSkatingDutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
I'm sorry but the second your lead singer dies, you're never gonna be the same. You're basically the best cover band for your old band.

I'm looking at you, Alice In Chains.

Old
12-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
A real country song done by several people:

Old
12-23-2009, 11:33 AM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkatingDutchman View Post
I'm sorry but the second your lead singer dies, you're never gonna be the same. You're basically the best cover band for your old band.

I don't know when Syd Barrett went crazy/got kicked out of Pink Floyd things turned out ok for them.

Old
12-23-2009, 11:37 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
A real country song done by several people:
Cant forget Rumbleseat:

Old
12-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
I don't know when Syd Barrett went crazy/got kicked out of Pink Floyd things turned out ok for them.
They were the same band in name only. The other bands mentioned really just act as novelty acts spewing greatest hits and not really doing anything interesting or groundbreaking. Pink Floyd markedly changed directions and very rarely revisited old material in any meaningful way.

Now, you can criticize them after Waters got kicked out. Because then much of the previous criticism stands.

Old
12-23-2009, 11:40 AM
TheSkatingDutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
Yeah but that was before they did the music they were famous for. It'd be like if Mick Jagger and Keith Richards died in the 80s and the Stones were still touring.

Old
12-23-2009, 11:44 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:

ACDC, etc..

Alice In Chains did hit a homerun with the new singer tho.

Old
12-23-2009, 11:47 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Country today

Oh ****... I've never even heard of that song. Change that to two songs about tractors.

Old
12-23-2009, 11:47 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
They were the same band in name only. The other bands mentioned really just act as novelty acts spewing greatest hits and not really doing anything interesting or groundbreaking. Pink Floyd markedly changed directions and very rarely revisited old material in any meaningful way.

Now, you can criticize them after Waters got kicked out. Because then much of the previous criticism stands.
**** yea you can. David Gilmour: hell of a guitarist, total hack song writer.

Also, modern pop-country is a pimple on society's ass.

EDIT: Oh yeah, speaking of Floyd anyone pick up The Flaming Lips cover of Dark Side, cause I did and I cannot wait to give it a listen.

Old
12-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
This is fantastic. Not ****ing safe for ****ing work, though.
Yeah, I'm a ****ing all-star I can drive the way I want.

I do what I need to do in the regular season, to get paid. Then the playoffs come and I'm like **** it, ya know? I got my boat...

Old
12-23-2009, 12:08 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
could work with guitarists too, anyone who was ever a fan of Def Leppard can probably safetly say that band died when Steven Clarke died.

Old
12-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
I feel like I'm seconds away from a murderous rampage right now. So my manager got the boot last week, but somehow still has access to do the payroll system, and I guess as one last **** you to me, he didn't put in my check for this week. The company wants to write me a manual check and overnight it so I can just come tomorrow to pick it up, but the receiving dock is closed. Earliest would maybe be Monday, and I have my car payment and one of my card payments due Friday. Keep in mind I'm already squeezing pennies to finish my Christmas ****. Top it all off with the fact that I just got an invoice in the mail yesterday for my MRI total responsibility which comes to a whopping $600, and I have no ****ing clue how I'm gonna pay for it. Called up the insurance company and they said it had something to do with my deductible and the billing was correct.
Merry ****ing Christmas everybody! I wish there an emoticon of somebody blowing my ****ing brains out.

Old
12-23-2009, 12:11 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I feel like I'm seconds away from a murderous rampage right now. So my manager got the boot last week, but somehow still has access to do the payroll system, and I guess as one last **** you to me, he didn't put in my check for this week. The company wants to write me a manual check and overnight it so I can just come tomorrow to pick it up, but the receiving dock is closed. Earliest would maybe be Monday, and I have my car payment and one of my card payments due Friday. Keep in mind I'm already squeezing pennies to finish my Christmas ****. Top it all off with the fact that I just got an invoice in the mail yesterday for my MRI total responsibility which comes to a whopping $600, and I have no ****ing clue how I'm gonna pay for it. Called up the insurance company and they said it had something to do with my deductible and the billing was correct.
Merry ****ing Christmas everybody! I wish there an emoticon of somebody blowing my ****ing brains out.

I threatened to kill my payroll guy once because he ****ed up my hours 3 weeks in a row lol,.

Old
12-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:

Old
12-23-2009, 12:13 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
Yeah, I'm a ****ing all-star I can drive the way I want.

I do what I need to do in the regular season, to get paid. Then the playoffs come and I'm like **** it, ya know? I got my boat...
Yeah, so a really hot summer day here, get out back here with my little yellow t-shirt and red gloves there and no ****ing shoes there, and I uh, don't have anybody to hang around with so I just ****ing sit here and shoot the ****ing puck at the net all day. It's kinda cool.

Old
12-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
is that the same idiot who did the Mike Richards editing of the interview after the hit on Booth?
both are lame
This one is much better.

Old
12-23-2009, 12:17 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
that really sucks Kambo. Reminds me of a 4 christmas's ago when the alternator went on my car driving home christmas night in a driving rain storm in a area with no cellphone service.

your avatar is great btw

Old
12-23-2009, 12:18 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
is that the same idiot who did the Mike Richards editing of the interview after the hit on Booth?
both are lame
I'm not aware of the Richards vid you speak of, but I'm sad for you if you are familiar with Heatley's career and don't find that vid funny.

Old
12-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
This is fantastic. Not ****ing safe for ****ing work, though.
The one where he does an interview and is complaining the whole time is HILARIOUS. Where's my ****ing complimentary towel. Give me a towel and I'll answer your ****in question.

Old
12-23-2009, 12:19 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
This one is much better.
why? i saw it and thought it sucked.
guess its cool because he said **** 800 times

Old
12-23-2009, 12:37 PM