HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ilya Kovalchuk Proposals

Old
12-23-2009, 03:56 AM
Andy Dufresne

vCash: 700
This thread is full of insane! Why would any team offer up their best players for a potential UFA? For a 1 time shot at the cup you might as well give up all your 1'st rounders for x number of years instead of guys like Vanek or Boyes..why would St Lou even be looking at deadline rentals?

The price for Kovy should be roughly based on what Atl. got for Hossa. Conditional picks don't work for Atlanta for the same reason that no team will give up their top players for him. Kovy re-signing is far from a given. I have yet to see a UFA deadline trade where the UFA agrees to a new contract with his new team as a condition of the deal. Not in hockey anyway.

I think LA makes the most sense. Keeping Frolov and leaving conditional picks out of the equation anyway. Kovy loves the spotlight- LA provides that. Kovy and Frolov playing together gives you the best chance of signing both of them.

To ATL: Williams,Schenn, Teubert, LA 1'st 2010

To LA: Kovalchuk

That's more than Atl. got for Hossa. LA needs to lose salary (Williams) and still might need to lose more to re-sign Frolov and Kovy. Either Handzus or Stoll are tradeable (in the summer) based on their play/salary. One comes back as the #2-3 center, Loktionov or Moller take the other spot. Huge risk potentially huge reward in a market that's been waiting for a year like this for a long time.

For Atlanta I look at the deal this way: Williams is useful, that's a far cry from what Kovy does BUT you only deal him if you're (Wadell) absolutely sure you can't sign him. It might look like more re-building but Schenn and Teubert will both be there soon, unlike say.....a first rounder in 2011 & 2012. Both guys are also great fits with the younger players on that roster right now.

Thoughts??

EDIT: I meant to put the LA 1'st 2010 in with a ?. For anyone who agrees roughly with this trade that pick should be a negotiating point.

Last edited by Andy Dufresne: 12-23-2009 at 04:03 AM.
Andy Dufresne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 05:07 AM
JT8888

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Dufresne View Post
This thread is full of insane! Why would any team offer up their best players for a potential UFA? For a 1 time shot at the cup you might as well give up all your 1'st rounders for x number of years instead of guys like Vanek or Boyes..why would St Lou even be looking at deadline rentals?

The price for Kovy should be roughly based on what Atl. got for Hossa. Conditional picks don't work for Atlanta for the same reason that no team will give up their top players for him. Kovy re-signing is far from a given. I have yet to see a UFA deadline trade where the UFA agrees to a new contract with his new team as a condition of the deal. Not in hockey anyway.

I think LA makes the most sense. Keeping Frolov and leaving conditional picks out of the equation anyway. Kovy loves the spotlight- LA provides that. Kovy and Frolov playing together gives you the best chance of signing both of them.

To ATL: Williams,Schenn, Teubert, LA 1'st 2010

To LA: Kovalchuk

That's more than Atl. got for Hossa. LA needs to lose salary (Williams) and still might need to lose more to re-sign Frolov and Kovy. Either Handzus or Stoll are tradeable (in the summer) based on their play/salary. One comes back as the #2-3 center, Loktionov or Moller take the other spot. Huge risk potentially huge reward in a market that's been waiting for a year like this for a long time.

For Atlanta I look at the deal this way: Williams is useful, that's a far cry from what Kovy does BUT you only deal him if you're (Wadell) absolutely sure you can't sign him. It might look like more re-building but Schenn and Teubert will both be there soon, unlike say.....a first rounder in 2011 & 2012. Both guys are also great fits with the younger players on that roster right now.

Thoughts??

EDIT: I meant to put the LA 1'st 2010 in with a ?. For anyone who agrees roughly with this trade that pick should be a negotiating point.
I dont see us (LA) giving up Williams. Williams has been really good for us in LA and i can see him being with the team for a while. I much rather put Stoll in his place or Frolov. As for Teubert, Schenn and 1st i just cant see use trading all three without know Kovalchuk will be signed.

I would offer
Frolov, Teubert, and a 1st

or

Stoll, Frolov, and Purcell

work from there.

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

vCash: 500
Quote: