HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Greenman is a hockey fan

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-23-2009, 10:15 AM
  #26
oilersnyc
Registered User
 
oilersnyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
The Christmas special is heaven. Something about watching an oiled up naked Danny Devito slither out of a leather couch that makes me very happy in the most hetero-sexual way possible.
Totally - one of their best episodes ever.
Posted via Mobile Device

oilersnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 11:16 AM
  #27
USC Trojans
I have a plan.
 
USC Trojans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: LA Oiler fan
Posts: 11,810
vCash: 500
the best one with Greenman is "The Gang gets Invincible"

USC Trojans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 11:17 AM
  #28
s7ark
Moderator
TheWorstEver
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
Do yourself a favour and watch a couple episodes.

One of my all time favorite episodes is...

"The Gang Gets Held Hostage" season 3- episode 4.
http://www.ninjavideo.net/video/24430
To fully appreciate this episode you need to know the McPoyles and have seen "The Gang gets Invincible" This is a hysterical one though.

GuyF, just watch from the beginning. It took me a bit to get into it but now it the funniest show on TV for me. "The Gang gives Frank an Intervention" just about killed me I was laughing so hard

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 12:34 PM
  #29
mpah
Registered User
 
mpah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
some of my personal favorite episodes are

the gang give frank an intervention
the gang reignites the rivalry
the gang hits the road
the gang solves the gas crisis
dennis and dee's mom is dead
the gang finds a dumpster baby
the gang gives back
the nightman cometh


like everyone else has said, the show is amazing, can watch any episode at any time and still laugh out loud, literally

i can't wait for season 5 to come on DVD but think that won't be till late summer 2010

but i personally think Season 5 has been the MOST FUNNY TV I've ever watched in my entire life, hands down. totally and completely epic

the only episode i would advise people to stay away from is "the gang cracks the liberty bell" not sure what happened on that episode - didnt like it - always skip it

the best description i've heard is "Seinfeld on crack"

mpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 12:50 PM
  #30
s7ark
Moderator
TheWorstEver
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marxpower View Post
some of my personal favorite episodes are

the gang give frank an intervention
the gang reignites the rivalry
the gang hits the road
the gang solves the gas crisis
dennis and dee's mom is dead
the gang finds a dumpster baby
the gang gives back
the nightman cometh


like everyone else has said, the show is amazing, can watch any episode at any time and still laugh out loud, literally

i can't wait for season 5 to come on DVD but think that won't be till late summer 2010

but i personally think Season 5 has been the MOST FUNNY TV I've ever watched in my entire life, hands down. totally and completely epic

the only episode i would advise people to stay away from is "the gang cracks the liberty bell" not sure what happened on that episode - didnt like it - always skip it

the best description i've heard is "Seinfeld on crack"
Wasn't one of my favs either, but even it had it's moments. Since you haven't seen it in awhile, check it out again. The actions of the gang when the lady stops the story at the end slays me. Esp Dennis on the broomstick.

And good list, but you can't forget "The Gang gets Invincible", the introduction of greenman.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 12:56 PM
  #31
oilersnyc
Registered User
 
oilersnyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 394
vCash: 500
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone!
Posted via Mobile Device

oilersnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:04 PM
  #32
blackcoffee
 
blackcoffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
There is a show about 2 guys dressed up in green spandex body suits?

What is it about? What kind of show is it... comedy?

What in that youtube clip above was funny?

I'm lost.
Hahaha. This post was awesome.

blackcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:11 PM
  #33
s7ark
Moderator
TheWorstEver
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersnyc View Post
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone!
Posted via Mobile Device

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:16 PM
  #34
mpah
Registered User
 
mpah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
speaking of the Dayman, may as well post my sweet shirt again lol


mpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:24 PM
  #35
PepsiFiend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marxpower View Post
speaking of the Dayman, may as well post my sweet shirt again lol

Where did you get that? or did you have it made? it is awesome!!!

PepsiFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:51 PM
  #36
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,249
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoffee View Post
Hahaha. This post was awesome.
It was?

OK, now I really have no idea what is funny anymore.

__________________
Listen live to The Pipeline Show or find the audio archives and our blog at: www.thepipelineshow.com
Guy Flaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:55 PM
  #37
JBell84
Registered User
 
JBell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CGY-body, EDM-spirit
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
It was?

OK, now I really have no idea what is funny anymore.
Just a little off-base, but right on par with the irreverent humour of the show... more of a context thing than a knock on you I'm sure ;p

Watch the show, you'll have no regrets

JBell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:09 PM
  #38
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,249
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
I'm not going to download a whole episode. Is there a you tube clip that will give me some highlights or something?

The one of the two guys singing badly didn't do it for me. The spray paint was worth a smile.

Guy Flaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:12 PM
  #39
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,088
vCash: 500
I love the supporting characters on the show. Gail the Snail, Rickety Cricket, Artimus, the Lawyer, the waitress, the McPoyles etc...
Posted via Mobile Device

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:22 PM
  #40
JBell84
Registered User
 
JBell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CGY-body, EDM-spirit
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
I'm not going to download a whole episode. Is there a you tube clip that will give me some highlights or something?

The one of the two guys singing badly didn't do it for me. The spray paint was worth a smile.


hard to take clips out of context, but these guys are totally effed.. and it's more about the performances and writing than one liners

JBell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:35 PM
  #41
obglim
Registered User
 
obglim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
If anyone can find the clip where Charlie is explaining to Dee how she has to eat tainted cat food and huff glue in order to fall asleep in his apartment I would appreciate it greatly. I literally peed myself. Or the rant in the alley when Charlie is in the wheel chair. So funny.

obglim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:36 PM
  #42
JBell84
Registered User
 
JBell84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CGY-body, EDM-spirit
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by obglim View Post
If anyone can find the clip where Charlie is explaining to Dee how she has to eat tainted cat food and huff glue in order to fall asleep in his apartment I would appreciate it greatly. I literally peed myself. Or the rant in the alley when Charlie is in the wheel chair. So funny.


charlie never misses the mark

JBell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:41 PM
  #43
obglim
Registered User
 
obglim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBell84 View Post


charlie never misses the mark
Every character is absolutely perfect for what they are. Every one of them has been my favorite at some point, but i always go back to Charlie.

obglim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:00 PM
  #44
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBell84 View Post


hard to take clips out of context, but these guys are totally effed.. and it's more about the performances and writing than one liners
There was theories being thrown around that Pepe Sylvia = Pennsylvania.


Charlies illiteracy makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:49 PM
  #45
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher
 
Mowzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lebanon, Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 04:00 PM
  #46
Rin
Registered User
 
Rin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 12,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
I'm not going to download a whole episode. Is there a you tube clip that will give me some highlights or something?

The one of the two guys singing badly didn't do it for me. The spray paint was worth a smile.
You can watch them online Guy, no downloading required. Mowzie posted a link to his fave episode and I posted links to about 3 or 4 sites where you watch them online without downloading anything.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
Do yourself a favour and watch a couple episodes.

One of my all time favorite episodes is...

"The Gang Gets Held Hostage" season 3- episode 4.
http://www.ninjavideo.net/video/24430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
I'll do it here so everyone else can watch as well


Here is the link to Season 1, but all 5 seasons are available there. http://www.ninjavideo.net/cat/391 Just be sure your divx player is installed and that you open the NinjaVideo Helper Beta 0.3.10 thingo.

If that doesn't work you can try this site, http://ch131.com/ unfortunately it has only seasons 4 and 5.

Sidereel looks like it has all 5 seasons. http://www.sidereel.com/It%27s_Alway...n_Philadelphia

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 04:09 PM
  #47
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher
 
Mowzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lebanon, Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
Also any Sunny addicts have any info on Boldly Going Nowhere? It sounds stupid and great at the same time, but I haven't heard too much about it.

Mowzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.