HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boucher out; Backlund recalled. Powe could return for the next game.

Old
12-22-2009, 09:34 PM
TheDrizzle81

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Trainer: Hey, guys, Powe is back tomorrow!

Team: That's... cool....*

*Translation: **** me, he's not that good, but he actually tries and is going to skate hard. Mother****er. That's just not fair. That sonuva***** is going to force me to skate hard if I'm on his line. **** it, I'm showing up drunk.
awesome post.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
**** it, I'm showing up drunk.
what, drunker than they had been? theyll need to pull out the big guns and down everclear shots between shifts

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Mike Brodeur in Ottawa is certainly an exception to the rule, but I agree with you.
Is Brodeur regarded as a blue chip level prospect? If I recall Rask was really good for Boston his first few games up (shut out first NHL game I think), and Varlomov for the Caps, but yeah, those are two super talented guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
As for Backlund, at this point, why not give him a start, although throwing him the wolves might not be good for his confidence/development.
Yeah, he's 28 though. At this point he sort of is what he is. I feel like, if you're a 28 year old goalie, getting shelled in a regular season game for a suck-ass hockey team shouldn't really crush your self-confidence.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 06:56 AM
BringBackStevens

I think this team could really use some Powe right about now.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 07:33 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Is Brodeur regarded as a blue chip level prospect? If I recall Rask was really good for Boston his first few games up (shut out first NHL game I think), and Varlomov for the Caps, but yeah, those are two super talented guys.
No, Brodeur is now 26 and was a 7th round pick by the Hawks. He bounced between the AHL and ECHL for a few years and wasn't resigned. Last season the Amerks were having a horrible season with horrendous goaltending and they signed him to a PTO. He played lights out putting up a 2.45 GAA and .921 save %age on one of the worst teams in the AHL. Ottawa signed him in the offseason and he just played his first NHL game the other night. After the victory he was sent back down to Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush
Yeah, he's 28 though. At this point he sort of is what he is. I feel like, if you're a 28 year old goalie, getting shelled in a regular season game for a suck-ass hockey team shouldn't really crush your self-confidence.
That is a valid point. And, what's the worst thing that could happen, the team loses? Not as if that hasn't been happening ad nausem this month.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 10:10 AM
CantSeeColors

If you guys remember, Nitty put up 3 straight 1 goal games in his first stint with the Flyers. He had the benefit of two full years in the A, but the precedent is there for guys to succeed early.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

No.1 and 2 goalie out, it's incredible. How much bad luck can this team have? There must be a curse on the Flyers

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:54 PM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D View Post
I know, how about Parent? He backs in on the goalie so much he might be a natural!
Hahaha, I've noticed that happening much too often. He can't clear a guy out from the crease so he just stands next to the goalie and knocks pucks in.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote