HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Dustin Penner vs Ryan Malone

View Poll Results: Who's better?
Dustin Penner 23 62.16%
Ryan Malone 14 37.84%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Zanon

vCash: 500
Dustin Penner vs Ryan Malone

Simple. Who's the better player? Two left wingers who are both on pace for career years this season.

Zanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 04:11 PM
4rde

I really like what Malone has done so far this season. Obviously Penner has been very very good aswell, but overall right now i'd take Malone.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
I really like what Malone has done so far this season. Obviously Penner has been very very good aswell, but overall right now i'd take Malone.
Penner has done as much as Malone has done, but without nearly as strong a supporting cast. Malone has been playing with Stamkos and St. Louis. Penner has been playing with a combination of Gagner/Brule/Horcoff/ for the most part since Hemsky has been down. Have them switch spots and Penner could be top 5 in the league in points.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 04:23 PM
koeltrain

vCash: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Penner has done as much as Malone has done, but without nearly as strong a supporting cast. Malone has been playing with Stamkos and St. Louis. Penner has been playing with a combination of Gagner/Brule/Horcoff/ for the most part since Hemsky has been down. Have them switch spots and Penner could be top 5 in the league in points.
I agree, it was the supporting cast that made me vote Penner. The man is on a mission and can really do it all. Recently a player was quoted as saying "moving him out from in front of the net is harder than any other player in the league"... I think it was Erik Johnson, but not sure about that. Obviously there is some bias because its a Western Conference player, but when guys like Rick Nash play in the West it is a point to be taken.

I have a sneaky suspicion that I am wrong on who said that

koeltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by koeltrain View Post
I agree, it was the supporting cast that made me vote Penner. The man is on a mission and can really do it all. Recently a player was quoted as saying "moving him out from in front of the net is harder than any other player in the league"... I think it was Erik Johnson, but not sure about that. Obviously there is some bias because its a Western Conference player, but when guys like Rick Nash play in the West it is a point to be taken.

I have a sneaky suspicion that I am wrong on who said that
It was Jack Johnson, not Eric.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 04:29 PM
4rde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Very true but i think Malone's overall game is slightly better and im confident that Malone can keep it up while Penner slows down abit... . I hope im wrong though, i like both players.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
Very true but i think Malone's overall game is slightly better and im confident that Malone can keep it up while Penner slows down abit... . I hope im wrong though, i like both players.
I'll admit that I haven't watched Malone a ton this season but it should be pointed out that Penner plays a regular shift on the PK and has managed to be a big plus player on a lottery team. While "defensively reliable" players like O'Sullivan and Horcoff are -17 and -16, Penner is +11.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 10:30 PM
bsmith14

penner and i wouldnt say its not even close but its a bigger gap than close

lol if that makes sense

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Malone has had way better linemates. I'd take penner quite easily.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote