HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should Devils Bring Back Scott Niedermayer

Old
12-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Uber View Post
If Phoenix falls out of the playoff race, I wouldn't mind going after Aucoin. He's good on both ends of the ice and he has a big shot. Plus he's 36 and he'll be a UFA at the end of the year so we should be able to get him fairly cheap.
Aucoin is an interesting option, I do like his shot and his experience. I think we can do better though.

If Phoenix fades, I'd like to see Lou go after Zbynek Michalek. In my opinion, he's a top pairing guy. He's on a decently cheap contract, and could possibly be retained for a price that wouldn't mess up our salary structure. Phoenix wouldn't let him go cheap, but I think we have the assets to swing a deal.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:18 AM
HatTrick89

Send a message via AIM to HatTrick89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
well that is the thing. This team is good enough right now to make a run in the playoffs. The thing that we are talking about is, who can be that big dman that can put us over the top?

I think we already are over the top...trading for an Aucoin type guy to be the 6th D and help the PP might not be a bad idea...last year Pens got Billy Guerin for a conditional draft pick, I think we could do something similar to that, but I don't see any forwards being traded and if a D is traded it should be Motts or Fraser for an upgrade.

HatTrick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Basement Cat
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick89 View Post
I think we already are over the top...trading for an Aucoin type guy to be the 6th D and help the PP might not be a bad idea...last year Pens got Billy Guerin for a conditional draft pick, I think we could do something similar to that, but I don't see any forwards being traded and if a D is traded it should be Motts or Fraser for an upgrade.
completely agree. This teamis good enough as is. No roster forwards should be traded at all.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 02:07 AM
Devs4L

This team is a great team. Extremely deep, good amount of top line scorers, emerging players on defense, Marty playing great, contending for tops in the league....but I want the player that puts us over the top this year at the deadline. I've grown weary the last couple years of the "what we should've done at the deadline..." stuff. I want to have no regrets when I look back at the deadline this year. I want to know that we went full in. For the first time in years, we have the assets to do it, and I without a doubt would not mind giving a 1st in a deal for the right player. We have the prospects to do it...finally.

Players like Leopold and Morris were last year. This year its Souray, Visnovsky, Niedermayer, Jovo, (Phaneuf? ) Kaberle, etc. And I really feel like it's going to happen too.

Last edited by Devs4L: 12-24-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Devs4L is offline   Reply With Quote