HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dec. 23rd curse Over Habs win 5-1

Old
12-24-2009, 12:41 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
So in my state of mind... I'd like to point out two things.
First one: The highest TOI was Markov's 23 minutes. This means that there was a team effort, with no one guy playing crazy minutes.
Second point, TPlex is now on pace for 90 POINTS!!!!
I've been thinking for the past two three games that 90 points for plekyboi isn't unattainable.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:44 AM
overlords
Hfboards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenYoung View Post
So in my state of mind... I'd like to point out two things.
First one: The highest TOI was Markov's 23 minutes. This means that there was a team effort, with no one guy playing crazy minutes.
Second point, TPlex is now on pace for 90 POINTS!!!!
I've been thinking for the past two three games that 90 points for plekyboi isn't unattainable.
keep in mind that hamrlik and mara are both out, with those two in, the minutes would be even easier to spread out where they're needed.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:49 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
keep in mind that hamrlik and mara are both out, with those two in, the minutes would be even easier to spread out where they're needed.
Exactly, this just ads to my point. We can only imagine how effective Hamr and Markov would be playing realistic minutes.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I don`t think Mara is about to go in the line-up anytime soon, our 6 best D`s are Markov, Hamrlik, Spacek, Bergeron, Gill and Georges.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
How'd pouliot look ?

I asked this early, but that thread got deleted.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 02:52 AM
Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
yes and no,10 minutes left 8-1 and the Pens have Crosby-Malkin-Guerin-Gonchar-Goligoski on the pp,not cool if you ask me

Makes me hate the Pens even more.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 03:18 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
How'd pouliot look ?

I will tell you honestly, there were times watching the game in a window on my monitor where I would have sworn it was MaxPac, but I confirmed on the shift charts that it was Pouliot. If that tells you anything, as Max has been solid, yet unspectacular, as of late. Will fit with Gomez and Gionta, I reckon. Obvious skills, definitely still working on chemistry/communication.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 05:47 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I don`t think Mara is about to go in the line-up anytime soon, our 6 best D`s are Markov, Hamrlik, Spacek, Bergeron, Gill and Georges.
O'Byrne will continue to play, IMO.
And I wouldn't be shocked to see Mara in the line-up either (if he gets back before Gionta).

A fourth line of;
Bergeron - Lapierre - Mara
isn't out of the question, IMO.

With Mara in the line-up, our PK gets even better. The fact that we take so many penalties, it can't hurt having SEVEN defenseman who can work on the PK. It will also avoid situations like the past when we've seen Bergeron there.

And I highly doubt Mara can be anymore useless than Laraque at this point. If D'Agostini could get anything going, it becomes a lot more tricky.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 05:52 AM
m00ks

I'm wondering if these 40+ shots on Halak are based on scouting report that he tends to give rebounds on an off night.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 06:07 AM
jcpenny

I dont agree with the Pouliot/Max Pac comparaison. You can see that Pouliot has better hands and better hockey sense. Hes also an excellent passer. Something tells me that gomez and he will be very dangerous very soon...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 07:08 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
How'd pouliot look ?

I thought he looked very good for his first game in the NHL in a while, he's got great speed and was actually driving to the net unlike the guy he was traded for. He's very shifty for a big guy.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:21 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
I dont agree with the Pouliot/Max Pac comparaison. You can see that Pouliot has better hands and better hockey sense. Hes also an excellent passer. Something tells me that gomez and he will be very dangerous very soon...
Boy are you missing out on Patches ! He will become a VERY good bump and grind type player and will score goals at an even pace. He is young and i have seen some AMAZING improvement since just last year ! Patches will be a fan favorite in Montreal over the next 5 years ! Patches has great hockey sense. Where do you people come up with this BS anyway ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
They look similar because they are about the same size, fast and 57 and 67 look alike, but they play different games and once they get into the offensive zone you can tell the difference.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:56 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Boy are you missing out on Patches ! He will become a VERY good bump and grind type player and will score goals at an even pace. He is young and i have seen some AMAZING improvement since just last year ! Patches will be a fan favorite in Montreal over the next 5 years ! Patches has great hockey sense. Where do you people come up with this BS anyway ?
Where do you see that i'm bashing Patches? I just think that Pouliot plays a different game, more skilled side while Patches is more physical straight foward style.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 09:21 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I hadn't seen much of him before we got him, but in the 3 games with Hamilton, I noticed he has some slick hands, which made me wonder why he hasn't really produced all that well yet (not knocking him, I really haven't followed him at all since the draft and I'm not talking about this year since he's been injured)

He's got a good frame and skates well with good speed, so it's nice to see us with a forward that's actually over 6 foot tall.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 10:24 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
The problem with this is if they allow 40+ shots versus top tier teams (San Jose, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington, New Jersey, etc) they won't have as much luck with this "system".
Oh, agreed. And it's not a matter of having "great shooters", most NHL forwards are in the 10-13% range including guys like Ovechkin.

But, if you're leading 4-1 after one and 5-1 after two, the other team will try to shoot like crazy to try to make it up -- but their shooting percentage will go down. This is an observation that has borne itself statistically over time -- teams that are behind shoot more, but score less, and teams that are ahead the reverse. There's a big difference between a game like Atlanta, where the game is tight most of the way, and this one where there's a 13-11 shot differential in the first period but one team comes out ahead by 3.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 10:26 AM
MathMan

Pouliot looked good. He has tools, that's for sure. He'll need some meshing in and he's still a little raw, but he shows good things.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
I admit the only real reason for me to have confused patches and pouliot were the similar numbers but you can rly tell them apart

max skates way harder and pouliot seems to glide (still fast tho), what i loved seeing from pouliot was the offensive instinct, that is something guillaume also had BUT, was too slow to execute it + plays with his head down and cant MAKE the decision when its time to do it,
pouliot on the other hand showed me in just a couple plays stuff ive never seen guillaume do in 3 + years including driving to the net and getting shoved into the crossbar and goalie and landing on the ground, that right there, ive never seen guillaume do ONCE, he was always so afraid to get dirty, it just pisses me right off, he gets an empty net goal and every guimauve lover has another day to say "we should of kept guillaume" , get real people.

Im thrilled that we have someone like pouliot on our team and available for top 6 duties, dagostini is a waste of space, time and probably matter!

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 10:59 AM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

I've been thinking lately a line of Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta makes sense. I think finding linemates for gomez is hard/gomez and gionta have had chemistry in the past because they operate at the same speed. Add Pouliot who's speed is good to the mix and maybe ther eis potential there.

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
O'Byrne will continue to play, IMO.
And I wouldn't be shocked to see Mara in the line-up either (if he gets back before Gionta).

A fourth line of;
Bergeron - Lapierre - Mara
isn't out of the question, IMO.

With Mara in the line-up, our PK gets even better. The fact that we take so many penalties, it can't hurt having SEVEN defenseman who can work on the PK. It will also avoid situations like the past when we've seen Bergeron there.

And I highly doubt Mara can be anymore useless than Laraque at this point. If D'Agostini could get anything going, it becomes a lot more tricky.

Yes it is out of the question, that line would be a complete disaster, not to mention Moen or Sergei will have to play on the 4th line when everybody`s back, there`s a reason why having 2 D`s on a line hasnever been done before. Even if you guys don`t like Laraque, every team needs a protector, and it`s very sad how nobody notices the space we have on the ice to do what the small players do best, Mara and Bergeron can`t bring that.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote