HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Brewer active tonight vs. Calgary

Old
12-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Blueshockey2*

vCash: 500
Brewer active tonight vs. Calgary

Let the Brewer bashing begin...

Jeremy Rutherford says Sydor sits, Brewer in tonight

Blueshockey2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Stang

well ill start things off then...
OH GREAT, brewer is back...now we are gonna need to score 7 every night to win since his horrible plays screw us out of good defense

Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:12 PM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang View Post
well ill start things off then...
OH GREAT, brewer is back...now we are gonna need to score 7 every night to win since his horrible plays screw us out of good defense
exactly
on the bright side maybe he'll get injured again like he did soon after coming back last time!

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Blueshockey2*

I'm hoping Brewer plays well and is dealt with Perron or Berglund for a scoring foward...

Old
12-23-2009, 02:40 PM
fan in oregon

I think that he should have the R in his name silent and we could call him Eric Boo-er

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:42 PM
journeyman79

hopefully he won't score goal for Calgary like he did last time

journeyman79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Silent Shout

He actually started to play pretty good the last couple of games before is injury. From what I remember anyhow. It would've been nice to see Strachan in the lineup but oh well.

Silent Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Blueshockey2*

Sorry you feel that way, maybe I'm reading into it too much? Larry Pleau was on 101ESPN here today in STL, he said that "there are several guys who do not want to play in St.Louis, well I have news for you, no one wants you" .... He went on to say that youth will and can be moved to improve this team...Perron comes to mind where in the past he has clashed with Murray, I was @ the Calgary game last Tuesday and several times Jackman and Sydor were giving Perron an ear full on the bench for being out of position or trying to do to much.

I feel David is one of the guys that does not want to be here, remember rumors surfaced a few weeks ago that Perron requsted a trade??

I guess we'll just wait and see....

Last edited by WalterSobchak: 12-23-2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: QDP
Old
12-23-2009, 04:44 PM
concept*

They would be smart to get out of here. We aren't exactly a playoff team, we aren't looking to win in the next few years, and our coach is an idiot and is supported management, who I'm beginning to think are all smoke and mirrors.

I'll bet Perron is as good as gone. He's an RFA, will want a lot of money, and will be smart not to resign here. If we are fostering an environment that doesn't support and/or take advantage of the benefits of our youth, then they shouldn't be here. For Perron's sake, I hope he leaves and finds a team and coach who appreciates him.

concept* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 05:23 PM
ejoshie

Pleau stated in an interview with Jimmy Hayes before the Kings game that Perron is going no where and will be with the Blues along time.

When interviewed by JR about his forth coming contract Perron stated that he would love to resign with the Blues

All of the other stuff is rumor. Perron has never stated he is unhappy in St.Louis.

And by his effort on and off the ice, it sure does not look like he is not working hard for his coach.

ejoshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 05:30 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshockey2 View Post
Sorry you feel that way, maybe I'm reading into it too much? Larry Pleau was on 101ESPN here today in STL, he said that "there are several guys who do not want to play in St.Louis, well I have news for you, no one wants you" .... He went on to say that youth will and can be moved to improve this team...Perron comes to mind where in the past he has clashed with Murray, I was @ the Calgary game last Tuesday and several times Jackman and Sydor were giving Perron an ear full on the bench for being out of position or trying to do to much.

I feel David is one of the guys that does not want to be here, remember rumors surfaced a few weeks ago that Perron requsted a trade??

That totally contradicts anything I've heard Pleau say. I don't believe he said anything close to that. Can you point to a recording or is there anyone who can corroborate this interview?

In every other interview he's been extremely tight-lipped about what he said in the locker room. This statement sounds very divisive, and not at all Pleau's tone.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Quote:

I call total BULL****.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 06:19 PM
AndyMacFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by concept View Post
They would be smart to get out of here. We aren't exactly a playoff team, we aren't looking to win in the next few years, and our coach is an idiot and is supported management, who I'm beginning to think are all smoke and mirrors.

I'll bet Perron is as good as gone. He's an RFA, will want a lot of money, and will be smart not to resign here. If we are fostering an environment that doesn't support and/or take advantage of the benefits of our youth, then they shouldn't be here. For Perron's sake, I hope he leaves and finds a team and coach who appreciates him.
Let's just say I humbly disagree with a lot of your statements. If Perron ends up going somewhere else because he doesn't feel appreciated here, then good riddance.

AndyMacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 06:32 PM
concept*

So you're saying that if you worked somewhere where you never felt appreciated, anything you did you were publicly reprimanded, and you're due a big bonus but your work might not be willing to give you as much money as someone else might, you'd stay there?

concept* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Blueshockey2*

You guys are blind if you can sit there and say thatthere isnt a problem with this team right now.... If the Perrons, Johnson's, Oshie's aren't getting any better, this team isn't going anywhere...Yes I know Oshie and Johnson are only playing their 2nd NHL season, but right now EJ is not a dominating defenseman, he is not physical enough to call him dominating....Oshie is what he is, he will never be a 30-35goal scorer,plus he needs to learn another move other than the toe drag, teams have video on that and the girls go nuts for it when it works but it's not working this year, to me Backes is the leader of this team right now

you can go on 101ESPN's website and listen to Larry Pleau's interview(he talks about trading youth towards the end of the interview)...This is straight from Hockeybuzz

Following the Blues dreadful performance vs. Tampa Bay Friday night Pleau marched into the Blues dressing room and performed a pretty decent rip job on his club. Obviously I wasn't there but I've been told Pleau was clear and direct. It's certainly just heresay at this point but I'm told Pleau told the players he can't trade any of them because nobody wants them. A Blues source has since denied this was said to the players. I can confirm that Pleau did stress that Murray isn't going anywhere and accused the players of trying to get their coach fired. It will be interesting to see if Pleau's words will have the same impact as they did last season. The leadership with any organization starts at the top and it's good to see someone is willing to step up. Obviously the St. Louis Blues have not confirmed any of Pleau's comments

Last edited by Blueshockey2*: 12-23-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old
12-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Blueshockey2*

Brewer is paired with EJ tonight....

There goes EJ's +/- rating

Old
12-23-2009, 07:09 PM
AndyMacFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by concept View Post
So you're saying that if you worked somewhere where you never felt appreciated, anything you did you were publicly reprimanded, and you're due a big bonus but your work might not be willing to give you as much money as someone else might, you'd stay there?
Wow, way to put a ton of words in someone's mouth there, buddy. Try clarifying my own statements before creating your own suppositions.

As to your post...

No, I am saying if Perron feels that he is unappreciated here, it wouldn't be a bad thing for the Blues to show him the door because of the struggle the team and coaching staff has gone through with his growing pains. I don't think he feels this way about his treatment on the team, but I could be wrong. If I am wrong about this, then like I said before, good riddance.

I think Perron is pretty happy with his situation here. I think he is ecstatic to be the leading scorer on this team, and I think he knows that Murray is going to use him in key offensive situations (power plays, shootouts, etc.) to show off his skill. I think he still understands he has much to learn, and once he has reached a true veteran status, then he begin to feel somewhat self-entitled to his contract, etc.

Old
12-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Blueshockey2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMacFan View Post
I think Perron is pretty happy with his situation here. I think he is ecstatic to be the leading scorer on this team, and I think he knows that Murray is going to use him in key offensive situations (power plays, shootouts, etc.) to show off his skill. I think he still understands he has much to learn, and once he has reached a true veteran status, then he begin to feel somewhat self-entitled to his contract, etc.
That is if he isn't traded for a proven true goal scorer 1st

Old
12-23-2009, 08:32 PM
AndyMacFan

Quote:
That is if he isn't traded for a proven true goal scorer 1st
Good point. While I don't think that Pleau wants to get rid of Perron, any team he approaches is going to be asking for him in return for any prolific offensive player the Blues might want.

Old
12-23-2009, 08:38 PM
AndyMacFan

Quote:
Sorry you feel that way, maybe I'm reading into it too much? Larry Pleau was on 101ESPN here today in STL, he said that "there are several guys who do not want to play in St.Louis, well I have news for you, no one wants you" ....
I am not trying to point fingers here, but I went to the 101 ESPN website in search of the archived audio of Pleau because I just could not see him making these remarks in public. I can't find what you have quoted. The only audio archive they have of Pleau that I was able to find is his interview this morning with Bernie Miklasz, in which he does refer to the 'closed door' team meeting last week, but doesn't mention anything close to what you have quoted. Perhaps he was on a different program?

Old
12-23-2009, 08:53 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMacFan View Post
I am not trying to point fingers here, but I went to the 101 ESPN website in search of the archived audio of Pleau because I just could not see him making these remarks in public. I can't find what you have quoted. The only audio archive they have of Pleau that I was able to find is his interview this morning with Bernie Miklasz, in which he does refer to the 'closed door' team meeting last week, but doesn't mention anything close to what you have quoted. Perhaps he was on a different program?
He talks about it at the very end. It's essentially an expanded version of "There's not room for them all" that JD has been saying for a while.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 11:33 PM
AndyMacFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
He talks about it at the very end. It's essentially an expanded version of "There's not room for them all" that JD has been saying for a while.
Ok, what I heard at the end of the program makes a lot more sense from a PR standpoint. He basically states that a franchise like St. Louis has to be open to the idea of trading surplus young talent to meet the team's needs.

After Pleau wishes the city of St. Louis a Merry Christmas and hangs up the phone, Bernie Miklasz elaborates further on gossip regarding the 'closed door' meeting in St. Louis following the TB game last week. He states that the players (doesn't specify who) have informed some media members of Pleau's remarks, at that they are along the lines of the following:

"The coach isn't going anywhere, so if you're trying to him coach fired, you should get your head out of your (southern region) and start playing hockey."

"Some of you guys might wanting to get out of here, but I've got news for you. Everybody around the league is seeing how you're dogging it, and nobody wants you, so you better make the best of it here."

Stern comments from the GM. I sincerely hope that Andy Murray's job status had nothing to do with poor play. Any team that wants to commit mutiny like that should be totally disbanded. I am glad Pleau stood up for Murray, who is a good coach and deserves to at least be supported by his own team.

Old
12-24-2009, 12:06 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Besides falling down twice while defending one on ones, Brewer played a very solid game tonight. He sure didn't look like a guy on his first night back from a long lay-off.

I kind of like the pairing with EJ. EJ has the freedom to pinch when he feels it, and Brewer is defensively responsible on the back end. Since this frees up Polak/Jackman to be the shut-down pairing (nice), I think this looks pretty good. Sydor, Weaver and Cola can figure out who wants to be scratched each night (barring an injury).

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Blueshockey2*

Brewer had a very solid game, I was worried about him being thrown into the fire vs. Calgary after being out so long but he answered the bell. His skating technique still drives me absolutely nuts, I've never seen someone skate straight up and down like that before.

Barrett Jackman had a GREAT game last night too, Jarome Iginla was seeing Jackman in his sleep last night

Old
12-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Brewer had a very solid game, I was worried about him being thrown into the fire vs. Calgary after being out so long but he answered the bell. His skating technique still drives me absolutely nuts, I've never seen someone skate straight up and down like that before.

Barrett Jackman had a GREAT game last night too, Jarome Iginla was seeing Jackman in his sleep last night
Very bad pun.

I thought out best defensemen last night were Jackman and Brewer.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote