HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2

View Poll Results: Would You?
HELL YEAH! 2 4.55%
I would hink about it then say yes 1 2.27%
Would think about it then say no 5 11.36%
Where are they making this bs from? 36 81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Acadmus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Just a thought. Supposedly Phaneuf is the cause for some off-ice turmoil in the Calgary dressing room which got me to thinking. Phaneuf is an elite offensive d-man who could fill the shoes of Bouw. So how bout:

Horton 7-15-22pts +3 $4.0mil 4 year contract
Ballard 1-7-8pts +1 $4.2mil 6 year contract
Olesz 6-6-12pts -7 $3.125mil 5 year contract
Total contracts $11.325 mil

For

Phaneuf 6-7-13pts +5 $6.5mil 5 year contract
Jokinen 5-15-20pts +2 $5.25 mil 1 year contract
Total contracts $11.750 mil
You're suggesting trading the two players that have been performing close to expectations this year and are greatly improved...Horton and Olesz...for two players currently underperforming and in their coach's doghouse, Phaneuf and Jokinen?

I'd take a risk on Phaneuf, but not for those players - it wouldn't improve the team. Meanwhile, any return to the days of Jokinen is a non-starter for me. This season he's third on the Flames in points...but 3/4ths of those are assists. Tell me there's anyone on the Panthers that will benefit from his presence if he can't score for himself. Especially if we deal Horton. Meanwhile he's also only a +2 on a 17-6-3 team...normally +/- doesn't mean much, but we know better with Olli. We also know he'll disappear when the team needs him the most. He's not an elite player - he played like one for ONE season, but has never returned to that form. He's on course for only about 65 points this year, too, playing with the likes of Iginla, who's on pace for closer to 90. Weiss, Horton, and Reinprecht are all on pace for about as many points (Horton actually has 2 more in as many games) as he whom you describe as an "elite" player, and none of them have the benefit of playing with an Iginla-type goal scorer.

12-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Laus723
Future Now

So, we trade for not just one supposed off-ice problem, but we get Olli and get two? No.

Ballard's not going anywhere.

12-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
You're suggesting trading the two players that have been performing close to expectations this year and are greatly improved...Horton and Olesz...for two players currently underperforming and in their coach's doghouse, Phaneuf and Jokinen?

I'd take a risk on Phaneuf, but not for those players - it wouldn't improve the team. Meanwhile, any return to the days of Jokinen is a non-starter for me. This season he's third on the Flames in points...but 3/4ths of those are assists. Tell me there's anyone on the Panthers that will benefit from his presence if he can't score for himself. Especially if we deal Horton. Meanwhile he's also only a +2 on a 17-6-3 team...normally +/- doesn't mean much, but we know better with Olli. We also know he'll disappear when the team needs him the most. He's not an elite player - he played like one for ONE season, but has never returned to that form. He's on course for only about 65 points this year, too, playing with the likes of Iginla, who's on pace for closer to 90. Weiss, Horton, and Reinprecht are all on pace for about as many points (Horton actually has 2 more in as many games) as he whom you describe as an "elite" player, and none of them have the benefit of playing with an Iginla-type goal scorer.
You mostly convinced me but I'll throw this out there as a partial rebuke. The main benefits of my proposed trade is getting Phaneuf, who you must admit has to be considered an elite offensive d-man which is important to have with the system DeBoer has installed, and getting out of the long term contracts of Horton, Ballard and Olesz. You would want to do this if you think our core, which is signed long term, can't be the core of a serious Cup Challenging Team. That is very possibly true. Whether Jokinen returns to form or not is really immaterial. His contract expires at the end of the season which would allow you money to pursue players that you think could be important pieces of a contending team. Right now, of the three long term contracts I propose trading, Horton is likely worth it and could be a core player on a contender but you also must admit he does have "issues", but Olesz you have to question if he'll ever score enough to justify his contract and Ballard certainly hasn't played up to his contract this year. So, in summary, you would be trading two long term bad contracts and one good long term contract for one short term bad contract (Jokinen) and one good long term contract at an argueably more hard to fill position, an offensive blueliner.

Old
12-14-2009, 06:00 PM
FlaPanthers7

From PuckDaddy...pretty funny call-out at the very bottom:

Perfect HFBoards trade proposal of the week

User "djroche," who actually lists his location as Florida, proposes this winner:

tomas vokoun for daniel briere

So Florida takes on terrible money, loses its only good goalie and gets another forward that can't score. Well done.

P.S. The comments are gold.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,208401

Old
12-15-2009, 01:15 AM
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor

Any possibility that we can get Hedberg from ATL?
He's been pretty solid this year.

Both are swedish, so he would be like a Ohlund-Hedman-mentor to Markström?

Roll with Vokoun the year out, and at the deadline of off-season:

Vokoun

for

Hedberg
Antropov/Little?

I dunno.

Old
12-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor

... I'll take that as a no...

Old
12-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post
... I'll take that as a no...
Well, Hedberg is a UFA in the summer. So if we want him we can sign him then. Atlanta doesn't really have a need for Vokoun either, they have Pavelec and Lehtonen and have to trade one of them eventually.

Old
12-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Swede93

wb trading vokoun to Dallas, turco is getting older and they have some offensive talent, i would love to get eriksson. idk might be a lil far-fetched but wanted to put it out there

Old
12-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede93 View Post
wb trading vokoun to Dallas, turco is getting older and they have some offensive talent, i would love to get eriksson. idk might be a lil far-fetched but wanted to put it out there
Vokoun for Turco and Eriksson? I wish.

Old
12-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Swede93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Vokoun for Turco and Eriksson? I wish.
im not sure bout Turco's contract but i wasn't inluding him, hoping that salak or markstrom make the team next year

Old
12-25-2009, 09:49 AM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post
Any possibility that we can get Hedberg from ATL?
He's been pretty solid this year.

Both are swedish, so he would be like a Ohlund-Hedman-mentor to Markström?

Roll with Vokoun the year out, and at the deadline of off-season:

Vokoun

for

Hedberg
Antropov/Little?

I dunno.
hedberg sucks and antropov is riding kovy the whole way. tobias enstrom would be nice

Old
12-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede93 View Post
im not sure bout Turco's contract but i wasn't inluding him, hoping that salak or markstrom make the team next year
I wouldn't do it then. We need Vokoun to make the playoffs.

Old
01-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Biggzy*

Look at this piece of garbage proposal.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/notebook/_/pa...posals-atlanta

Booth and Weiss for Kovalchuk.

What a joke.

Old
01-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Ziostilon

Soupy and Kreps to Vancouver

Are either players on the block?

do they appear to be the type that just needs a change of scenery. or just doesn't look like they'll improve any further this season

Panthers fans throw me some proposals

an AHLer? a conditional pick? low pick?

Old
01-13-2010, 02:19 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I really doubt they'll go anywhere this season. They're both DeBoer's boys.

Old
01-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post

do they appear to be the type that just needs a change of scenery. or just doesn't look like they'll improve any further this season

You can have both of them, would like a guy back who's similar to Soup. What do we have to add to get Rypien, LOVE that guy! (Don't go overboard, lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I really doubt they'll go anywhere this season. They're both DeBoer's boys.
Kreps isn't, Soupy is.

Old
01-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post

Soupy was doing awesome last season on that CPR line, so if he can keep it up, I don't see him being moved. With that being said, and with Matthias waiting to make the big squad full time, Soupy,Kreps and Tarnasky are moveable.

The lines when completely healthy look like this.

Frolik-Weiss-Horton
Booth-Reino-Stillman
Olesz-Moore-Dvo
Mcardle-Soupy-Oreskovich

Ballard-McCabe
Allen-Kulikov
Leopold-Seidenberg

The question is, what would Van fans want to trade for one or more of those players?

Old
01-14-2010, 03:12 PM
SeasonTicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
Soupy was doing awesome last season on that CPR line, so if he can keep it up, I don't see him being moved. With that being said, and with Matthias waiting to make the big squad full time, Soupy,Kreps and Tarnasky are moveable.

The lines when completely healthy look like this.

Frolik-Weiss-Horton
Booth-Reino-Stillman
Olesz-Moore-Dvo
Mcardle-Soupy-Oreskovich

Ballard-McCabe
Allen-Kulikov
Leopold-Seidenberg

The question is, what would Van fans want to trade for one or more of those players?
No I think the lines when completely healthy would be

Frolik-Weiss-Horton
Booth-Reino-Stillman
Olesz-Moore-Dvo
Kreps-Soupy-Tarnasky

MCArdle and Orescovich would be sent back to Rochester. (Two Way Contracts)

Old
01-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Ziostilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonTicket View Post
No I think the lines when completely healthy would be

Frolik-Weiss-Horton
Booth-Reino-Stillman
Olesz-Moore-Dvo
Kreps-Soupy-Tarnasky

MCArdle and Orescovich would be sent back to Rochester. (Two Way Contracts)
that makes sense, with the 2-way.

but doesn't Florida want to at least get something for either players. is it within their set budget to resign both next season.

Even then would they want like a conditional pick for either. just a rental

Old
01-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Warcat

I think we all like OLez- Moore -DvO.

Though I would love to see Horten on the Stillman Rhino line. They all love to play make.

I'd have it

Frolik-Wiess-Booth
Stillman-Rhino-Horton
Olez-Moore-Dvo
Duco-Soupy-Tarnaski(McArdle)

Love Duco's energy. He could help any team.

Old
01-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcat View Post
I think we all like OLez- Moore -DvO.

Though I would love to see Horten on the Stillman Rhino line. They all love to play make.

I'd have it

Frolik-Wiess-Booth
Stillman-Rhino-Horton
Olez-Moore-Dvo
Duco-Soupy-Tarnaski(McArdle)

Love Duco's energy. He could help any team.
Why move Horton away from Weiss? That line is a great top line, Booth-Reino-Stillman showed some chemistry before the injuries. I really like Reino and Booth playing together on a line, actually, I think they'll do well for each other.

Old
01-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Really, would like to see us grab Sharp and Barker from Chicago. Leopold could fit in well for Chicago, not sure who we'd send, they can't take back much and it would have to be worth it for Chicago.

A top 6 of Nate, Weiss, Frolik, Reino, Booth, and Sharp could be really solid, imo. Not lights out, but if this is the breakout, how they're going to be from here on out for Nate and Weiss, we could really be a good team going forward.

Dunno, just a thought.

Old
01-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Warcat

Good point Laus, but I think at the end of the day it the chemistry would benifit with Horty on the Stillman line. I like the way they play together whenever it happens. Right now Horton is better for the team on the top line, but with speedy Booth back, Horton Stilly and Rhino would be magical and I also think that Frolik Wiess and Booth is just sick! Think of the speed of that line. Though I think it would take time to get Booth up to first line duty.

Old
01-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Warcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Really, would like to see us grab Sharp and Barker from Chicago. Leopold could fit in well for Chicago, not sure who we'd send, they can't take back much and it would have to be worth it for Chicago.

A top 6 of Nate, Weiss, Frolik, Reino, Booth, and Sharp could be really solid, imo. Not lights out, but if this is the breakout, how they're going to be from here on out for Nate and Weiss, we could really be a good team going forward.

Dunno, just a thought.
Sharp! That would be awesome! How in the heck are we gonna get him though? Would love to. I don't think anyone would want to leave Chicago. Barker would be great though.

Old
01-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Good point Laus, but I think at the end of the day it the chemistry would benifit with Horty on the Stillman line. I like the way they play together whenever it happens. Right now Horton is better for the team on the top line, but with speedy Booth back, Horton Stilly and Rhino would be magical and I also think that Frolik Wiess and Booth is just sick! Think of the speed of that line. Though I think it would take time to get Booth up to first line duty.
Yeah, I can't agree with that, though, I'm sure we'll see. I think Nate does a lot better with Weiss and I like how Frolik has looked with them. Just my 2 cents, though.

Quote:
Sharp! That would be awesome! How in the heck are we gonna get him though? Would love to. I don't think anyone would want to leave Chicago. Barker would be great though.
Dunno, but Chicago needs cap space for next season, so one or two of their top guys will be out. they'll have to settle for picks, good prospects, or solid guys not making too much yet. (Likely a combo)

Closed Thread