HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Staal/MDZ are the Rangers Seabrook/Keith

Old
12-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
The similarities are there. Guess we'll have to wait and see where they stand in a couple seasons.

I wouldn't be disappointed with a Staal/MDZ top pairing, but the fact that they're both lefties makes me a little skeptical that it will happen. Still, the future on the blueline is very promising.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 07:56 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I think McDonaugh & Staal will eventually be our top pairing.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I think McDonaugh & Staal will eventually be our top pairing.
Rangers defense should look like this in the future:

Staal-MDZ
Mcdonaugh-Sangs/Gilroy
Nigel Williams-Kundtratek/Sangs/Gilroy

Like this you have a phyiscal element with offensive element.

I remember when Seabrook was considered a bust.

I think MCD will be a better all around player the Cam Barker.

The Ranges should have 4 legit all star defensemen in the future..Staal, MZD, MCD and Bobby.

I know a lot of people are down on Bobby but he is a skinny kid who will fill out...MZD is built different and his body ready made for the NHL. Lets be patient with Bobby and he will reward us.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Levitate

I don't think it's a matter of size for Sanguinetti, it's just adjusting to a different level of play and reading plays correctly.

Also I don't know that many people are down on him, they just see him as a movable asset.

And you're not going to have a Rangers defense made up entirely of players they drafted/developed...it's just not going to happen

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 10:13 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Those were garbage rumors. I believe when Chicago's GM was asked about it, he laughed.
Not quite. A certain former Ranger front office person told me there were serious discussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Cam Barker will probably be a cap casualty this summer. He makes too much money due to Dale Tallon screwing up the QO's last summer.

The Swedish kid Hjalmarsson is a good player who the Hawks can re-sign for cheaper than $3 million.
Barker almost ended up in Phoenix this summer.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 11:07 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Rangerboy this is a great example of what we can hope to see in 3-4 years. Hopefully at that point we are a cup-contender, like Chicago is now.

If Staal and MDZ continue on the learning curve they are on right now, (22 + 19yo) they have a chance to be elite in 4 years when they are at a similar age as Seabrook and Keith (24 + 26). These two guys are clearly the future of our Dcorp.

Staal plays against all teams top lines already and MDZ is our #1 pp QB, at 22 + 19, this is what gets lost I think. These two are still kids, still learning, still developing. Their ceilings are high and their future's are bright, we just hope they approach them.

McDonagh, and Sanguinetti we hope can fill in top 4 minutes also.
Sanguinetti can play at this level he just needs the opportunity like MDZ is getting, but he will be an NHL player.
McDonagh I hope can turn into a Brooks Orpik type of player, but until I see him in the A or jump right in like Staal and MDZ did my expectations will be reserved.
Hopefully both of these guys get their chance with NYR.

Maybe in 3-4yrs Gilroy, Girardi, or Sauer are still on the team eating minutes.
Only thing that is for certain as Rangerboy said is that this Dcorp should be built around Staal and MDZ for years, and I feel good about that.

J. Toews is a great young player and leader, but I would not trade Gaborik for him. MG has proven he is one of the top 5 forwards in hockey, and is still only 27! Teams game plan to stricktly stop MG and he is still lighting the lamp better than anyone in the league this year.
Hopefully this team will be ready to compete for a cup in a few years and MG will still be in his prime.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 11:18 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post

Staal-MDZ
Mcdonaugh-Sangs/Gilroy

The Ranges should have 4 legit all star defensemen in the future..Staal, MZD, MCD and Bobby.

I know a lot of people are down on Bobby but he is a skinny kid who will fill out...MZD is built different and his body ready made for the NHL. Lets be patient with Bobby and he will reward us.
I don't know about Nigel Williams. Or Tomas Kundratek for that matter, and I'm one of his bigger supporters at this point.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:35 PM
SickNice

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Just an opinion but I think MDZ would be better off logging on average 15 minutes a game than top 4 ice time of 20 or more. The reason he's been getting more is the two older vets haven't always been able to hold up their end. I think he'd be more effective in a smaller role which revolved around him being the pwp quarterback. I'm kind of wondering how he's going to hold up towards the end of the season--wondering if as young as he is if he's going to wear down.
Really? I understand your point but I'm of the mindset that as a 19-year old kid - whether he wears down at the end of the season or not - the mroe minutes he logs the better. Period. If this were a team that could legitamtely compete for a championship then it would be a different story, but I feel like th emore he plays at this age the better.

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:44 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post

Staal-MDZ
Mcdonaugh-Sangs/Gilroy

You forgot Redden and his remaining 4 years of contract!

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
they are better at their ages then the chicago pair were at staal and mdz ages.
MDZ (age 19) 36 GP 5 G 15 A 20 pts -13 (1st NHL season)
Marc Staal (age 23) 36 GP 4 G 9 A 13 pts +1 (3rd NHL season)

Brent Seabrook (age 20) 69 GP 5 G 27 A 32 pts +5 (1st NHL season)
Duncan Keith (age 23) 82 GP 2 G , 29 A 31 pts even (2nd NHL season)
Brent Seabrook (age 23) 82 GP 8 G 18 A 26pts +23

Seabrook doens't have the offensive game that MDZ has when he was a rookie but he was solid defensively and played on our top pairing as a 20 yr old rookie.

Keith at age 23 was better then Staal. Staal and Seabrook are more similiar players and look similiar at same age.

I like Staal and I think MDZ is going to be great. But MDZ needs to work on his defense to be compared to either Seabrook or Keith

And Seabrook and Keith had the disadvantage of playing on worse teams breaking into NHL

2005-2006 Chicago Blackhawks

Kyle Calder - Tyler Arnason - Mark Bell
Rene Bourque- Patrick Sharp- Radim Vrbata
Martin Lapointe - Michael Holmqvist - Matthew Barnaby
Curtis Brown - Jim Dowd - Pavel Vorobiev / Mark Cullen / Milan Bartovic

(Ruutu injued almost all year and spare parts in and out of lineup

Brent Seabrook - Adrian Aucoin
Duncan Keith - Jim Vandermeer
Jaroslav Spacek - Jassen Cullimore
Todd Simpson as our 7th dman

(Byfuglien , Wisniewski , Babchuk getting small amount of playing time as rookies)

Khabibulin
Anderson / Munro

Hawks team had good young talent but almost all of it was in there 1st season and almost every vet was over the hill

Horrendous team when only 3 players had over 40 pts (Calder with 59 , Bell with 48 and Arnason with 41)

I would take the 2009-2010 New York Rangers everytime over 03-04 , 05-06 and 06-07 Hawks

Those teams were brutal to watch

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 05:51 PM
McDonaghisGod
Speed kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
MDZ (age 19) 36 GP 5 G 15 A 20 pts -13 (1st NHL season)
Marc Staal (age 23) 36 GP 4 G 9 A 13 pts +1 (3rd NHL season)

Brent Seabrook (age 20) 69 GP 5 G 27 A 32 pts +5 (1st NHL season)
Duncan Keith (age 23) 82 GP 2 G , 29 A 31 pts even (2nd NHL season)
Brent Seabrook (age 23) 82 GP 8 G 18 A 26pts +23

Seabrook doens't have the offensive game that MDZ has when he was a rookie but he was solid defensively and played on our top pairing as a 20 yr old rookie.

Keith at age 23 was better then Staal. Staal and Seabrook are more similiar players and look similiar at same age.

I like Staal and I think MDZ is going to be great. But MDZ needs to work on his defense to be compared to either Seabrook or Keith

And Seabrook and Keith had the disadvantage of playing on worse teams breaking into NHL

2005-2006 Chicago Blackhawks

Kyle Calder - Tyler Arnason - Mark Bell
Rene Bourque- Patrick Sharp- Radim Vrbata
Martin Lapointe - Michael Holmqvist - Matthew Barnaby
Curtis Brown - Jim Dowd - Pavel Vorobiev / Mark Cullen / Milan Bartovic

(Ruutu injued almost all year and spare parts in and out of lineup

Brent Seabrook - Adrian Aucoin
Duncan Keith - Jim Vandermeer
Jaroslav Spacek - Jassen Cullimore
Todd Simpson as our 7th dman

(Byfuglien , Wisniewski , Babchuk getting small amount of playing time as rookies)

Khabibulin
Anderson / Munro

Hawks team had good young talent but almost all of it was in there 1st season and almost every vet was over the hill

Horrendous team when only 3 players had over 40 pts (Calder with 59 , Bell with 48 and Arnason with 41)

I would take the 2009-2010 New York Rangers everytime over 03-04 , 05-06 and 06-07 Hawks

Those teams were brutal to watch
On a side note, having lived in chicago for six years now I have adopted the hawks as my western conference team. It's great to see how hockey has been revitalized in the city.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
On a side note, having lived in chicago for six years now I have adopted the hawks as my western conference team. It's great to see how hockey has been revitalized in the city.
Nice to hear

What years have you lived in Chicago?

Ever go to some Hawks games when the stadium was full of only a few thousand

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 07:26 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgShakeNbake View Post
Seabrook and Keith are now being ranked as the best defensive pair in the league....

Canada's GM is adding both of them to the Olympic team and pairing them on the same line...((that's how elite these two are))

The Black Hawks blue liners in general are amazing.. i mean come on, Barker and Campbell are not your average joes either.

Saying that you could try to compare one of our defensive pairs using Staal and Girardi... not del zotto

While Del Zotto will be elite((with time)) he is very offensive minded

Seabrook and Keith are more defensive shut down players.

But once we rid our selves of defense men like Rozsival and Redden and bring some of the pack up... we will be contend for the best defense in the league.

and for anybody who would rather have toews over gabby is retarded...

Toews is not even on the same level as gabby

Toews on our team would be a bigger failure than adding Gomez.

I am truly upset with people who would give gabby up for a tier 2 player.
- we SIGNED Gabby as a UFA, we didn't give up anything to get him
- Toews is not a tier 2 player, he's a friggin cpt. and a born winner.
- Gabby is sick, don't get me wrong, he's a superstar, but he isn't going to take us anywhere. This franchise needs to build a TEAM not a bunch of complimentary guys, scrubs, and a superstar. How many times do we have to do this? Again, I'd trade Gabby in a second for Toews.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 07:29 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Nice to hear

I have, I lived in Milwaukee as a teen, early-mid 2000s. We used to go down a few times a yr. I swear I remember a game of an announced crowd of 7000 once. I couldn't believe how packed it was when the Rangers played the Hawks this yr. How much love do they get in the papers these days?

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 07:52 PM
McDonaghisGod
Speed kills

Quote:
Nice to hear

2003-present...the only game that i've been to so far was against the jackets two years ago.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
- we SIGNED Gabby as a UFA, we didn't give up anything to get him
- Toews is not a tier 2 player, he's a friggin cpt. and a born winner.
- Gabby is sick, don't get me wrong, he's a superstar, but he isn't going to take us anywhere. This franchise needs to build a TEAM not a bunch of complimentary guys, scrubs, and a superstar. How many times do we have to do this? Again, I'd trade Gabby in a second for Toews.
Gabby could take us to a cup if he had a strong team around him. I might trade him for Toews because of the injury risk. But if you could guarantee Gaborik's health for the rest of his career there's no way I'd make that deal. Gaborik would be just as much of a winner as Toews if not more if he played on one of the deepest freaking teams in the league. Sheesh. Just wait a few years. If the kids pan out, Gaborik and Lundqvist will take us plenty far.

Zil is online now   Reply With Quote