HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Matthias, Duco Down / Tarnasky Called Up / Kreps Returns

Old
12-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Matthias, Duco Down / Tarnasky Called Up / Kreps Returns

Matthias/Duco could be back after NHL resumes. Bit surprised to see Tarnasky called up with Mac still up and the fact Mac wasn't sent down.

Kamil Kreps (shoulder, ribs) is expected to return Sunday.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

vCash: 500
Do you think Ducco and Matthias were both sent down to get more experience? Personally, I'd rather have him on the squad than Kreps, who seems to be a shell of his former self.

Probably they figured that Tarnasky is the same type of player as Ducco, but with better hands and more experience?

Panthers/Leafs fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 09:52 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
I would have liked to see Matthias stay up. He played good during this last stint IMO. I just hope he understands that, and doesnt go back to Rochester and mope about the demotion.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
Do you think Ducco and Matthias were both sent down to get more experience? Personally, I'd rather have him on the squad than Kreps, who seems to be a shell of his former self.

Probably they figured that Tarnasky is the same type of player as Ducco, but with better hands and more experience?
Probably both sent down to save money. Kreps is going to play, because he's on a 1 way contract. I know I'll get flack for this, but I'd rather have Tarnasky in the lineup than Duco. Better hands. Again, not a suprise either because Nasty is on a 1 way contract.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 10:23 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Probably both sent down to save money. Kreps is going to play, because he's on a 1 way contract. I know I'll get flack for this, but I'd rather have Tarnasky in the lineup than Duco. Better hands. Again, not a suprise either because Nasty is on a 1 way contract.
right - they're both on 1 ways so they are going to have the upper hand. i don't think duco's made himself *more* valuable than tarnasky. hardly. you could sit kreps for a stint and play matthias if he continues to suck but perhaps the injury will be a good thing for him - gave him a chance to get away from the scrutiny he was under for a bit.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I would have liked to see Matthias stay up. He played good during this last stint IMO. I just hope he understands that, and doesnt go back to Rochester and mope about the demotion.
If he mopes he's not ready for the NHL

Old
12-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I don't understand MacIntyre over Duco

Old
12-25-2009, 11:48 AM
ShootIt

I don't mind Duco being sent down for Nasty.

Just don't care for Kreps over Matthias.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I don't mind Duco being sent down for Nasty.

Just don't care for Kreps over Matthias.
Kreps won't be sent down because he'd have to go thrue waivers. I think Mathias will be back before sunday.

Old
12-25-2009, 06:30 PM
Panthers/Leafs fan

And do you think Kreps would not pass through waivers? Kreps, I believe is going to be an RFA next year, or is that UFA? Do you think the Panthers will even offer him a contract?

Old
12-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
And do you think Kreps would not pass through waivers? Kreps, I believe is going to be an RFA next year, or is that UFA? Do you think the Panthers will even offer him a contract?
They're probably going to drop him for Campbell and bring up Matthias for good next year.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

That makes sense, so, as someone wrote, he'd better not pout on going down.

I've been thinking about the Duco-Avery discussion we all have had here and still disagree. I don't think Avery won that at all--because Avery gets into the heads of the other team's stars, not their fourth liners.

Avery didn't get after Horton or Weiss. He tried a run at Vokoun and got flattened by McCabe for his efforts.

Instead, I saw Avery focused on Duco--who was doing, IMO, an Avery-like job on Avery himself. Any time we have an Avery focused on Duco, we have won this battle. So I continue to respectfully disagree with all you idiots who know nothing about hockey.

Old
12-26-2009, 10:06 AM
sinDer

Quote:
I saw Avery focused on Duco--who was doing, IMO, an Avery-like job on Avery himself. Any time we have an Avery focused on Duco, we have won this battle. So I continue to respectfully disagree with all you idiots who know nothing about hockey.
exactly

it doesn't matter if Duco won his "battle" against Avery or not. The fact that it was between Duco and Avery was winning situation for us.

sinDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 10:17 AM
zeroG

sure, if you believe that avery wasn't doing anything else. avery's more clever than duco (at least at this point), though and i saw avery still doing some of the things he usually does *while at the same time* leading duco around by the nose. that was my sense anyhow.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
sure, if you believe that avery wasn't doing anything else. avery's more clever than duco (at least at this point), though and i saw avery still doing some of the things he usually does *while at the same time* leading duco around by the nose. that was my sense anyhow.
Pretty much. I don't think Duco was led by the nose so much, but I did enjoy seeing them battle. Avery was in everyone's face and smartly (according to his own personal code, mind you) didn't go with Duco when Duco was after him to.

Imo, we beat ourselves.

12-26-2009, 10:46 AM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Bit surprised to see Tarnasky called up with Mac still up and the fact Mac wasn't sent down.
Tarnasky had to be called up, he spent already two weeks in Rochester, i guess alternative would have been him to be waiwed.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:05 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

I'd like to see some more development out of Duco - looks like he could be very useful as the pest this team has needed. I like his fire.

It's not the last we've seen of him this season.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Pantherfan12

I still want to see Nasty,Soupy,Kreps and even Olesz traded or waived.. Nasty can be replaced by Oreskovich,Duco,Mcardle and MacIntyre whom in my opinion are better suited then Nasty is.. Kreps is having the worst season of his career and isn't needed in my opinion. Moore and Reino do a wonderful job as #2 and #3 centers,and I think Matthias would be a better fit then Soupy and Kreps as #4, and then see if he can become our #2 in the future.

Olesz is still borderline for me because he does bring some speed and excitement, but I just wonder if he's expendable at this point. I'd really like to see a 4th line of Mcardle/Duco-Matthias-Oreskovich/MacIntyre.. I'd personally replace Olesz with Oreskovich on the 3rd line, and then see if we can test out a Duco-Mcardle-MacIntyre 4th line, just to see how they work together. I know Mcardle isn't a center, but that's a lot of toughness,grit,speed,spark and fighting that I would love to see.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I agree that Tarnasky and Kreps could be dealt for anything if some1 offers or just waive them. I doubth either would be picked up. Kreps just has been bad all around

Old
12-26-2009, 05:00 PM
KW

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I'd like to see some more development out of Duco - looks like he could be very useful as the pest this team has needed. I like his fire.

It's not the last we've seen of him this season.
I agree, and unlike Avery, Duco can walk and chew gum at the same time, I've been told that's important. ..................... ( just in case)

KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Laus723
Future Now

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...vs-boston.html

Nasty's in tomorrow night along with Matthias, Olesz will sit out with the flu.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 05:58 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
I feel bad for Matthias.
Up, down, up, down, up, down.
This time he hadn't land in Rochester before he was recalled again.

I think he has showed that he has a spot here.

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 07:31 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
I expect that the team will want to showcase Kreps so he could be traded around the deadline this yr. Teams are always looking for cheap, young options for their bottom 2 lines who have some experience and have done fairly well in the faceoff circle. He wont command a big raise either so that'll be attractive to teams. Depending if FL is in the thick of the playoff chase or not, he could be an attractive piece for different reasons (if they're trying to make it in, he could be packaged to get an upgrade...if they're out of it, he'd be attractive to a playoff team needing help).

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 08:22 AM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I know it sucks to be dragging around a player who's more or less dead weight at this point... but it seems like a bad idea to trade someone with a reasonable amount of talent at a time when he's pretty much having the low point of his career thus far. This is why I don't get the "trade Kreps" mentality now (which used to be "Trade Horton", somewhat becoming "Trade Campbell"...). If you'll get essentially nothing in return, might as well sit his butt down until he gets it in gear. But when he does, no one will want the trade (see: Horton). I'm glad fans don't run franchises or we'd end up with 25 bags of pucks by dealing away each of our players at the lowest point in their careers.

handbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 06:56 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Dont know where else to put this but when is McArdle due back? Thanks guys!

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote