HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buff-Philly

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2009, 10:17 AM
  #76
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
There's not a GM in the league who wouldn't trade Carter for Myers.
Yes, because it really is that simple...

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:34 PM
  #77
clumping platelets
Registered User
 
clumping platelets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Clumptowaga
Country: United States
Posts: 1,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezia View Post
Then don't. Your best player is not being traded and neither is theirs. Why should other teams have to trade their top players for undervalue while you guys don't?

Each team has 2,3, or 4 players (inc prospects) that are deemed "untouchable". Why would the Sabres even remotely consider trading a player like Myers who has been an integral part of the teams' rebound this season? Sabres have a number of prospects that can be offered IF they were truly interested in someone like Carter assuming he was truly available.

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:42 PM
  #78
ILuvLucic*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Location Location
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
Each team has 2,3, or 4 players (inc prospects) that are deemed "untouchable". Why would the Sabres even remotely consider trading a player like Myers who has been an integral part of the teams' rebound this season? Sabres have a number of prospects that can be offered IF they were truly interested in someone like Carter assuming he was truly available.
Philly won't trade Carter for a few iffy prospects. Goalscoring centers are hard to come by in the league so the Flyers are going to want something worthwhile for him.

ILuvLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:44 PM
  #79
Armond White
Go Sabres!
 
Armond White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oakland Zoo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezia View Post
You think Philly will trade a young 40+ goal scoring center for beans?
Magic beans.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 02:08 PM
  #80
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,231
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
4) Both Roy and Carter have 26 pts in 34 games
One of them is having a good season on one of the top few teams in the conference, and one of them is slumping and playing on a team that's playing like ****.

Yet they both have 26 points in 34 games . . . I'm sure you can read between the lines to see my point.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 04:01 PM
  #81
Shmuffalo
It's SAMSON, bozo.
 
Shmuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, eh
Country: United States
Posts: 1,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
If Philly wants to get rid of Carter, Roy 2nd is fair value, hell it's probably an overpayment from the Sabres side.

Myers > Carter right now, especially to the Sabres. He's the Sabres best defenseman in all three zones and is logging absurd minutes (back to back 28:00+ games) as a nineteen year old. He could very well be the Sabres best defenseman ever if he keeps developing at the rate that he has been, it's not a ridiculous claim at all.
lol, no way in hell is that fair value. i do think myers is more valuable than carter RIGHT NOW, but if carter was on his 45 goal pace as usual this would be an entirely different conversation. same goes for vanek, your value will fluctuate to how you are playing at the moment.

Shmuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 11:52 AM
  #82
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
One of them is having a good season on one of the top few teams in the conference, and one of them is slumping and playing on a team that's playing like ****.

Yet they both have 26 points in 34 games . . . I'm sure you can read between the lines to see my point.
I think your point, if one is made at all, is a poor one. So you want me to believe Roy's points mean less because his team is doing well and Carter's points mean more because his team is doing poorly? Huh? Roy has played a majority of his games with either Hecht or Stafford flubbing chances on either of Roy's wings. Offensively speaking, Roy's supporting cast is nowhere near that of Carter's.

How about this: Philly has 100 goals in 36 games. Buffalo has 96 goals in 36 games. Thus, Roy's 29 pts in 36 games are worth more than Carters 27 pts in 36 games because Roy plays on a worse offensive team than Carter. How's that for an oversimplified analysis?

I've said in this thread that I'd make a straight up deal of Roy for Carter. But there's no way, objectively speaking, that the difference between Roy and Carter is Jhonas Enroth or other high end prospect.


Last edited by Zip15: 12-25-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 12:18 PM
  #83
sabresandcanucks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I think your point, if one is made at all, is a poor one. So you want me to believe Roy's points mean less because his team is doing well and Carter's points mean more because his team is doing poorly? Huh? Roy has played a majority of his games with either Hecht or Stafford flubbing chances on either of Roy's wings. Offensively speaking, Roy's supporting cast is nowhere near that of Carter's.

How about this: Philly has 100 goals in 36 games. Buffalo has 96 goals in 36 games. Thus, Roy's 29 pts in 36 games are worth more than Carters 27 pts in 36 games because Roy plays on a worse offensive team than Carter. How's that for an oversimplified analysis?

I've said in this thread that I'd make a straight up deal of Roy for Carter. But there's no way, objectively speaking, that the difference between Roy and Carter is Jhonas Enroth or other high end prospect.
Agreed,

I still don't know what Carter brings that this team lacks...We have a sniper in Vanek who can also go through scoring slumps as well. I view upgrading Stafford as our prime concern....A powerforward who can actually finish.

sabresandcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.