HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Canada announces women's team

Old
12-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Kessel>Seguin +
Not Even A Big Fan!!

vCash: 500
The womens Hockey program is continuously getting better. I remember when a few years ago they had an under 500 record in the Midget league they play in. Now they are winning more games in the league and it shows the younger women are developping their skills at a much higher level and i might add a lot more players have high end skills than before

I went to high school with one of the girls on this team. We have been on the ice together several times and she is just as good if not better than I am (who played played Junior A for 3 years) she had great skills.

Obviously men are "better" than women at Hockey, but if you look at the history of the game, womens have not been playing for as long. As we see from the development of Womens Hockey all over the world (sweeden getting better, Findland getting better) we can see more and more talented womens hockey players. Women hockey players are more frequent now and will only continue to get better.

Time to stop the women bashing and just be mature about the subject

Kessel>Seguin + is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:23 PM
LP

I heard Hayley Wickenheiser is training under the hamburger helper program while brushing her husbands hair.

LP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 01:29 PM
canuckhound73

Back on the topic of discussing the team itself.

Only shock I saw (and a mild one really) was Catherine Ward getting picked over Gillian Ferrari.

Not that Ward was undeserving, I just felt Ferrari, who is a more defensive defender actually had a better 4 Nations Cup & Hockey Canada Cup than Ward & statistically, had as many or more pts than the more offensively skilled Ward.

The rest of the roster was, IMO, figured out after the summer tourney here. Only questions were if Delaney Collins would be healthy by then, which she wasnt, and any unexpected injuries, which there werent any.

canuckhound73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 01:34 PM
SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babycakes92689 View Post
there are 13 year olds posting here? that explains alot.
Never read the trades board or the habs board?

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Grabovski
Грабовский правил

Team Canada's Women team will beat any Mens Hockey team thats for sure!

Haley Wikenheiser will get us another gold!

Grabovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Freddie Mercury
4-93-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krut View Post
The best best Canadian women were getting routinely beat by boys midget teams in no hit games. That level of talent doesn't really excite me, not to mention the total lack of competition in the tournent.
to be completely truthful, they were winning more games then losing (at least against the Alberta teams) and it wasn't just any midget it was AAA

Freddie Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Paxton Fettel

women should stay in their kitchens and keep doing what they're best at : making sandwiches

Paxton Fettel is offline   Reply With Quote