HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Frolov won't be going to Vancouver-Doesn't make Russian Olympic team.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-25-2009, 03:07 AM
  #26
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,395
vCash: 500
If this slap in the face doesn't wake him up, I don't know what will.

I'm not completely insane when I think he could be a top 15 player in the league, am I?

Isn't he in essence a blend of the Cowardly Lion and the Tin Man?

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 04:07 AM
  #27
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings
 
JPFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country:
Posts: 2,723
vCash: 500
Probably a big reason for this is that they want half of the team from the KHL and half of the team from the NHL. I remember reading that somewhere on here.

We all know people had very little to complain about with Fro in the last couple of games. He really has shown heart, and has been backchecking etc.
Seriously... whats with that microscope on him all the time?

In these kinds of tournaments I've usually been rooting for Russia, mainly because of Fro, and also because I like their style...
In the last World Championships Frolov and Kovalchuk were awesome together.

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 04:16 AM
  #28
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobPFT View Post
Probably a big reason for this is that they want half of the team from the KHL and half of the team from the NHL. I remember reading that somewhere on here.

We all know people had very little to complain about with Fro in the last couple of games. He really has shown heart, and has been backchecking etc.
Seriously... whats with that microscope on him all the time?

In these kinds of tournaments I've usually been rooting for Russia, mainly because of Fro, and also because I like their style...
In the last World Championships Frolov and Kovalchuk were awesome together.

Why would they want to lose? Are they betting against Russia?

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 04:34 AM
  #29
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobPFT View Post
Probably a big reason for this is that they want half of the team from the KHL and half of the team from the NHL. I remember reading that somewhere on here.

We all know people had very little to complain about with Fro in the last couple of games. He really has shown heart, and has been backchecking etc.
Seriously... whats with that microscope on him all the time?

In these kinds of tournaments I've usually been rooting for Russia, mainly because of Fro, and also because I like their style...
In the last World Championships Frolov and Kovalchuk were awesome together.

Kovalchuk and Frolov played on separate lines.....and a big reason why Frolov was omitted from olympic team was probably because of his uninspired play at those World Championships (along with poor effort this year).
Frolov's snub has nothing to do with a KHL quota, it has to do with Frolov.

I personally still would have chosen him, but it's certainly not an irrational decision made by Bykov and Zakharkin.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 04:58 AM
  #30
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
Frolov is not known for his positional versatility or defensive ability.
Russians have lots of dynamic LWs. I think it came down to Frolov vs Radulov and they went with the latter, perhaps, because he's playing in Russia nowadays.
Yeah. Wait. Ummmmmm........what? Do you even know who Frolov is?

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 07:12 AM
  #31
R0CKET
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Frolov has more skill and capability than several on that list.

He has no-one to blame but himself.

Hopefully this will give him the message that he needs and will make him a better player for fir it.

R0CKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 07:20 AM
  #32
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,161
vCash: 984
i love frolov....oh darn who here would rather see the kings in the playoffs.....

hopefully it lights a russian vodka fire under his bum!

kingbrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 08:53 AM
  #33
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings
 
JPFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country:
Posts: 2,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Kovalchuk and Frolov played on separate lines.....and a big reason why Frolov was omitted from olympic team was probably because of his uninspired play at those World Championships (along with poor effort this year).
Frolov's snub has nothing to do with a KHL quota, it has to do with Frolov.

I personally still would have chosen him, but it's certainly not an irrational decision made by Bykov and Zakharkin.
I remember watching mutliple games where they played at least some shifts together.
I think you can look it up on assists he had on Ilya's goals.

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 08:57 AM
  #34
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,166
vCash: 500
No Kovalev, Slava Kozlov, or Fro.

The KHL is such a circus, are those KHL players really the better picks? Makes me wonder if some behind the scenes shinanigans are going on.

Alex has been solid the last month. Rest up for the stretch Fro.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 10:21 AM
  #35
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings
 
JPFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country:
Posts: 2,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
No Kovalev, Slava Kozlov, or Fro.

The KHL is such a circus, are those KHL players really the better picks? Makes me wonder if some behind the scenes shinanigans are going on.

Alex has been solid the last month. Rest up for the stretch Fro.
Well, it could be that they want to promote the KHL... Which is kinda normal and was to be expected.
But it is indeed a big part of why Fro wasn't selected, I think.

JPFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 01:06 PM
  #36
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Granada Hills, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,983
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
This isn't news to me. . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 01:33 PM
  #37
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,426
vCash: 500
Again, he(Quick) will get ALL of the work in practice. Work he doesn't need, they will want to rest Miller and Thomas. I'd prefer Quick practice under the eye of his own coaches.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 01:39 PM
  #38
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,985
vCash: 500
Makes us Canadian fans happy. Frolov should be on that team.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 01:44 PM
  #39
FootKnight
This ****ing team
 
FootKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,263
vCash: 500
I wonder how he responds to this. Hopefully he takes a "prove them wrong" type attitude and plays his ass off.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 03:06 PM
  #40
LombardiTool
Registered User
 
LombardiTool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fontana, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
The russian big-wigs are probably pissed because of his americanized, "crash the nets" style.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 03:28 PM
  #41
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,742
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I doubt this inspires him much. He'll probably just go shopping for a new man purse now.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 03:32 PM
  #42
riseandfall9
Registered User
 
riseandfall9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I doubt this inspires him much. He'll probably just go shopping for a new man purse now.
ROFL.

My how things have changed. 2 years ago me and Reaper become arch enemies because of my lack of affection to Fro and Cammy and now we stand eye to eye in the matter. Dont wanna tell you I told you so Reap <3

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 04:08 PM
  #43
Randart
Registered User
 
Randart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Carson, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 500
Surprised, and Yet Not!

I am trully surprised he is not on the team unless he is more injured than is readily known and needs to conserve on his playing time. As for the politics that get into all fascets of life in Russia, yeah it happens in Aces & Spades there!

My X GF was from Omsk, and she was under the impression that the Wizard of Oz was written by a Russian in the 50's!!! Just one example how they take every thing and corrupt the living heck out of it! Propaganda and Corruption are a way of life there! Simple facts...

Like the rest of the Fro Supporters I hope this does inspire him to bust loose and be the player we believers see in him... Go FRO! Time for some SMACK down Cossack Style!

Randart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 04:35 PM
  #44
Riposte!
Registered User
 
Riposte!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post
Pulled groin, avoided.

Riposte! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 09:11 PM
  #45
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France
 
savemefromtears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: City of Angels
Country: United States
Posts: 1,893
vCash: 500
...the benching heard 'round the world, not making the Russian team... all in a contract year. Interesting, indeed.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 10:34 PM
  #46
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randart View Post
I am trully surprised he is not on the team unless he is more injured than is readily known and needs to conserve on his playing time. As for the politics that get into all fascets of life in Russia, yeah it happens in Aces & Spades there!

My X GF was from Omsk, and she was under the impression that the Wizard of Oz was written by a Russian in the 50's!!! Just one example how they take every thing and corrupt the living heck out of it! Propaganda and Corruption are a way of life there! Simple facts...

Like the rest of the Fro Supporters I hope this does inspire him to bust loose and be the player we believers see in him... Go FRO! Time for some SMACK down Cossack Style!

Yeah man. Right on. Cossack Style! I like it. That's exactly what he needs. Well said.

Frolov thinks he's "Aristocracy". He thinks he's in the Politbureau. He needs to get on his horse and ride into battle! Haha.

I wish I could remember War and Peace. I read it, but man Russian names all sound the same and I get confused. Who "Ov" did what "Ov" to who "OvV!"


Last edited by Legionnaire: 12-25-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 10:38 PM
  #47
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,212
vCash: 500
that sucks for Fro, he must be pretty bummed

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:19 AM
  #48
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
ROFL.

My how things have changed. 2 years ago me and Reaper become arch enemies because of my lack of affection to Fro and Cammy and now we stand eye to eye in the matter. Dont wanna tell you I told you so Reap <3
Hey Riseandgetshot, somehow I doubt that.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:31 AM
  #49
digger18
Registered User
 
digger18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Williams Lake B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
It's ovious looking at the group of forwards that Russia selected that the guys playing in the KHL were given special treatment in some of the decisions that were made.

They definately wont be icing their best possible roster and that's a shame. I wanted to see Canada beat them at their very best.

digger18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:39 AM
  #50
Garl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randart View Post
I am trully surprised he is not on the team unless he is more injured than is readily known and needs to conserve on his playing time. As for the politics that get into all fascets of life in Russia, yeah it happens in Aces & Spades there!

My X GF was from Omsk, and she was under the impression that the Wizard of Oz was written by a Russian in the 50's!!! Just one example how they take every thing and corrupt the living heck out of it! Propaganda and Corruption are a way of life there! Simple facts...

Like the rest of the Fro Supporters I hope this does inspire him to bust loose and be the player we believers see in him... Go FRO! Time for some SMACK down Cossack Style!
It's not so? How dare you stupid Amerkan!

Well, there was a soviet adaptation of the book, written in 60's I believe. Call it a soviet fanfiction if you want.))) It's based on Baum's book, but has aa lot of differencies, I mean a lot.

Yes, we here have propaganda on TV and government likes to show how they are doing "right things". But I doubt the example with this book applies.)))

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.