HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Nike Bauer vs Bauer curves

Old
12-25-2009, 02:20 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

vCash: 500
Nike Bauer vs Bauer curves

So, I finally bought my first composite stick. A while ago I bought a few wood sticks with different curves to figure out what type I would like. I found I like the Nike Bauer P88 Lindros curve most. Now that I've broken most of those wood sticks I bought, it was time to buy some new sticks. Of course, NB has now become Bauer again and while they kept the blades patterns the same for the most part, it seems P88 became Kane instead of Lindros. Hockeymonkey's blade pattern chart ( http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-blade-patterns.html ) shows that they should be the same so I picked up a Bauer Supreme One55 Kane, with a NB wood Supreme One55 Lindros and a PM9 Malkin (also like this curve) as backups.

I get the sticks in earlier this week, compared the Lindros and Kane sticks against each other... and it's definitely different. The curve is a bit deeper and the toe is more open. Not really a lot of discussion value here, I guess. Anyone else have a problem like this? Getting a blade different than you expect? I'm going to try it out this Sunday, hopefully I like it.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 10:31 PM
wearethegreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
So, I finally bought my first composite stick. A while ago I bought a few wood sticks with different curves to figure out what type I would like. I found I like the Nike Bauer P88 Lindros curve most. Now that I've broken most of those wood sticks I bought, it was time to buy some new sticks. Of course, NB has now become Bauer again and while they kept the blades patterns the same for the most part, it seems P88 became Kane instead of Lindros. Hockeymonkey's blade pattern chart ( http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-blade-patterns.html ) shows that they should be the same so I picked up a Bauer Supreme One55 Kane, with a NB wood Supreme One55 Lindros and a PM9 Malkin (also like this curve) as backups.

I get the sticks in earlier this week, compared the Lindros and Kane sticks against each other... and it's definitely different. The curve is a bit deeper and the toe is more open. Not really a lot of discussion value here, I guess. Anyone else have a problem like this? Getting a blade different than you expect? I'm going to try it out this Sunday, hopefully I like it.
Unfortunately I've had this trouble before. The only real solution I ever have for 1 piecers is to try and heat them and bend them.

You can try eBay for some old Lindros style sticks, I do know that in general Bauer revamped the old NikeBauer models to make them thinner profile and maybe a bit lighter but I did not notice a difference between my naslund and my semin curve. Good luck.

Last edited by wearethegreek: 12-25-2009 at 10:43 PM.
wearethegreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 02:11 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

They indeed tweaked that particular curve a little. Not much you can do about it.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote