HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Dean McAmmond

Old
12-23-2009, 04:12 AM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDevil View Post
Parise-Zajac-Bergfors - The line of superb talent and youth,

Rolston-Elias-Langenbrunner - The line of still superb talent and experience.

Zharkov-Zubrus-Clarkson - An aggressive line that can still score plenty.

Pandolfo-Niedermayer-McAmmond - Three incredibly responsible players who i'll feel more than confident having on the ice as a 4th line. They'll find the back of the net from time to time as well.

Extras : Pelley and Pikkarainen - Fantastic extra depth players.

WAIT FOR IT : PETERS - CUT!

Martin-Oduya - The #1 pairing, and a very under-rated one at that.

Salvador-Greene - A great defensive defenseman with a great offensive one, they've shown us they are capable of big things.

White-Mottau - A more than capable third pairing.

Extra - Fraser - Deserves more than just an extra defenceman spot, might even take over Mottaus spot.

Then of course Brodeur and THE Danis.

I'm happy with that lineup going into the playoffs. The only things i would say yes to us adding at the deadline are a #2 center if they want Elias playing the wing, or a top pairing defenceman. I'm not fussed either way, if we get our usual trade deadline day of nothing i'll be happy still.

Good post. I agree.

That is the line-up I'd like to see. But I guess Lemaire will change them when he sees fit, which I don't have a problem with at all.

Rob Nieds work ethic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 04:45 AM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by openicehit04 View Post
Parise Zajac Bergfors
Rolston Elias Langenbrunner
Pandolfo Nieds Zubrus?
Pelley Dean Clarkson?

What depth!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
Parise-Zajac-Bergfors
Rolston-Elias-Langenbrunner
Zharkov-Zubrus-Clarkson
Pandolfo/Pikki-Neidermayer-McAmmond/Pelley

better
Since this is a Deano love fest, for the purposes of this thread I propose he remain our top line center. So, when all are healthy...

Parise - McAmmond - Elias
Rolston - Zajac - Langenbrunner
Bergfors - Zubrus - Clarkson
Pando - Niedermayer - Zharkov

Two of the remaining P's can suck in Lowell, the other two can suck as healthy scratches :
Pelley, Pikachu, Peters, PL3

JerryGigantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 07:40 AM
Lemurs

Quote:

Pandolfo-Niedermayer-McAmmond - Three incredibly responsible players who i'll feel more than confident having on the ice as a 4th line. They'll find the back of the net from time to time as well.

Salvador-Greene - A great defensive defenseman with a great offensive one, they've shown us they are capable of big things.

Extra - Fraser - Deserves more than just an extra defenceman spot, might even take over Mottaus spot.

I'm happy with that lineup going into the playoffs. The only things i would say yes to us adding at the deadline are a #2 center if they want Elias playing the wing, or a top pairing defenceman. I'm not fussed either way, if we get our usual trade deadline day of nothing i'll be happy still.
I like it, but Jacques will not. He's been doing this for decades now, and if you look at his lineups, he ALWAYS carries an enforcer on the team, and it has to be an expendable guy who you won't miss. With your lineup there, it would end up being Salvo, Fraser, or Clarkson. None of us want them out there keeping other teams honest around Patrick and Zach and off the ice, and neither does Jacques. Peters, or PL3 will hang around on the active roster, guaranteed, for that reason. They may only play every other game or something, but there is zero chance of him fielding a lineup that will require a D-man or Clarkson to fight on a regular basis. Zero.

Lemurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Captain Kulador
yay hockey

Sometimes I think Jacques is reading HFBoards and taking our line suggestions all at once by pulling them out of an equipment bag and using them for every game/shift.

Captain Kulador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Lemaire has praise for McAmmond:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG
Lemaire admitted that McAmmond has “done better that I thought.”

“I knew he was a good player,” Lemaire said. “I’ve seen him play, but it’s been a few years. I didn’t see him last year. I just could tell by his determination on how he got here (he signed an AHL deal with Lowell in October), that just tells me that he wanted to play and he’s going to play. He’s got hockey sense. He can move the puck. He’s good defensively and good offensively and playing with good player, that’s what you get if you work,”

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Devilswede

I loved the signing of McAmmond from the beginning, I even hoped he'd get an NHL contract with us after signing with Lowell this year. He's been a great addition to our TEAM. Because that's certainly what the New Jersey Devils are this year.

Deano has quickly become a huge part of the team. It was awesome watching him go after Talbot the other night after Talbot came up with that late hit on Parise.

Devilswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 01:13 AM
HatTrick89

Send a message via AIM to HatTrick89
Late signings like McAmmond and Nieds are the reason why Madden is certainly not worth nearly 3 million, we have two as good/possibly better players for nearly half as much

HatTrick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 01:19 AM
Stevens 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick89 View Post
Late signings like McAmmond and Nieds are the reason why Madden is certainly not worth nearly 3 million, we have two as good/possibly better players for nearly half as much
Moves like this are what keep making Lou look like a genius.

Stevens 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 02:31 AM
Crimson Devil*

You know, I just realized we haven't taken a too many men on the ice penalty in ages. What gives?

Crimson Devil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 02:40 AM
Larsson
4th Line Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Devil View Post
You know, I just realized we haven't taken a too many men on the ice penalty in ages. What gives?
http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2009020537

Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 02:42 AM
Crimson Devil*

Whoops. Right you are. I stand corrected. Carry on then, gents.

LOL.

Old
12-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
And the addition of Niedermayer has also revitalised Pandolfo, making his contract less of a millstone around our necks. We have tremendous depth, and I fear it can't last. Our third liners will eventually stop producing like top 6 guys. Hopefully Zajac and Parise will be scoring again when that inevitably happens.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

vCash: 425
Quote:
I think you mean PANDOLFO.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Devil X
Next man up!

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
Quote:

I like them but i dont think u will see it happen. See Lemaire wants Patty on the LW side i think and Rollie on wing also. I think we look something more like this.

Parise Zajac Bergfors - Skill and they are all young Love it.

Elias Zubrus Langs - Vets and u can put Rollie up there if u want.

Rolston Dean Clarkson - Find a team that will get more points out of there 3rd line. Rollie and Clarkie already can work together. Dean seems to be able to work with anyone.

Pando Nieds Shark - With how Nieds is playing and how he has Pando playing they will be good... Oh yea and i love Shark he can play on any of these lines and work.

Lemaire said Zubbie would go back to center and he loves Rollie on the left said i think more the then the right. Shark needs to stay up he deserves it but he might head down once everyone is healthy and Pikk might take his spot.

The fact of the matter is u can put these guys anywhere because they can all work with each other very well. And trust me Lemaire will mix and match like crazy.

Devil X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 02:30 AM
Crimson Devil*

^ That lineup is actually really good. I'd feel very comfortable with that group going into the playoffs. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see Zubrus replaced by McAmmond occasionally.

Old
12-26-2009, 05:17 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZajac19 View Post
I like them but i dont think u will see it happen. See Lemaire wants Patty on the LW side i think and Rollie on wing also. I think we look something more like this.

Parise Zajac Bergfors - Skill and they are all young Love it.

Elias Zubrus Langs - Vets and u can put Rollie up there if u want.

Rolston Dean Clarkson - Find a team that will get more points out of there 3rd line. Rollie and Clarkie already can work together. Dean seems to be able to work with anyone.

Pando Nieds Shark - With how Nieds is playing and how he has Pando playing they will be good... Oh yea and i love Shark he can play on any of these lines and work.

Lemaire said Zubbie would go back to center and he loves Rollie on the left said i think more the then the right. Shark needs to stay up he deserves it but he might head down once everyone is healthy and Pikk might take his spot.

The fact of the matter is u can put these guys anywhere because they can all work with each other very well. And trust me Lemaire will mix and match like crazy.
The only thing missing is a superstar d-man (Phaneuf) and nobody could beat the Devils

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote