HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Predict What Will Happen First

View Poll Results: What big thing will happen to change things?
Hitch will be fired 1 1.49%
Hitch will step aside 1 1.49%
Change among the Asst Coaches 2 2.99%
Jackets go on a win streak 3 4.48%
Big Trade 6 8.96%
Nothing, I don't think significant change will happen anytime soon. 39 58.21%
A change will happen, but it won't save the season. 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-25-2009, 11:06 AM
oxcamel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
Ownership sells the team to an owner who is committed to putting a product on the ice that can compete thus winning some games. The new owners spend to the cap and fans come back in droves. It is rosy again in Jacketland.
Unfortunately, Jacketland is now in Kansas City.

oxcamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 03:23 PM
CBJ Bob
It Smells Bad!

I don't see a change happening with the head coach although I think it would be justified. I don't see us getting anything significant baack in a trade unless it involved Brassard and/or Filatov(our only assets with value). I would like to make a few organizational suggestions that might have some immediate benefits:
1. Fire Russ Yates in Syracuse and send Gary Agnew back down to the Crunch.
2. Hire Keith Primeau as an assistant coach. He was a gutsy captain under Hitch and at 6'-5" would get the players attention and isn't that removed as a player. Plus he could be a buffer between Hitch and the players. Less X's and O's and more passion and inspiration.
3. Take a good long hard look at our scouting and development program. The cubboards are empty. What has happenned? So many high draft choices and so little to show for it. There is nobody in Syracuse pushing for a spot with the big club. Is it poor drafting or poor development or both? What ever the answer someone must be held accountable. If not Boyd then who?

The status quo is unaccetable. I don't care about the playoffs at this point all I want is progress. When you look at January's schedule I see 2 maybe 3 wins. Something needs to change quickly or we're talking about looking forward to another top 5 pick. Good luck selling seasons tickets to this POS.

CBJ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Ar-too

Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
I like the above as an alternative to firing Hitch. I think it could work.

Do we know if Primeau's available? What he's been doing since he retired?

Ar-too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:32 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ Bob View Post
I don't see a change happening with the head coach although I think it would be justified. I don't see us getting anything significant baack in a trade unless it involved Brassard and/or Filatov(our only assets with value). I would like to make a few organizational suggestions that might have some immediate benefits:
1. Fire Russ Yates in Syracuse and send Gary Agnew back down to the Crunch.
2. Hire Keith Primeau as an assistant coach. He was a gutsy captain under Hitch and at 6'-5" would get the players attention and isn't that removed as a player. Plus he could be a buffer between Hitch and the players. Less X's and O's and more passion and inspiration.
3. Take a good long hard look at our scouting and development program. The cubboards are empty. What has happenned? So many high draft choices and so little to show for it. There is nobody in Syracuse pushing for a spot with the big club. Is it poor drafting or poor development or both? What ever the answer someone must be held accountable. If not Boyd then who?

The status quo is unaccetable. I don't care about the playoffs at this point all I want is progress. When you look at January's schedule I see 2 maybe 3 wins. Something needs to change quickly or we're talking about looking forward to another top 5 pick. Good luck selling seasons tickets to this POS.
I agree with this thru and thru....

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 07:35 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

I'm a little surprised so few people have considered the "Hitch steps aside" option.

Would seem like it might be a viable facesaving option for everyone concerned.

Of course, the Jackets would 'promise' to honor his contract -everyone having the full expectation that he wouldn't be out of work for long.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 08:29 AM
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!

vCash: 555
nothing, we won't fire hitch nor will he step aside, I've seen no improvements in play whatsoever and seems like no trades are gonna happen.

Tank for Taylor that reminds me WJC starts today on tsn .

gojacketsgo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 08:31 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
I'm a little surprised so few people have considered the "Hitch steps aside" option.

Would seem like it might be a viable facesaving option for everyone concerned.

Of course, the Jackets would 'promise' to honor his contract -everyone having the full expectation that he wouldn't be out of work for long.
This is a team that employed Gerard Gallant as a scout following his dismissal as head coach.... As Sam said in a previous thread, can only hope Mac Jr. isn't as loyal as his old man was.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 09:42 AM
CBJ Bob
It Smells Bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar-too View Post
I like the above as an alternative to firing Hitch. I think it could work.

Do we know if Primeau's available? What he's been doing since he retired?
He's working for an ECHL team in Las Vegas as a player development coordinator. Bottom Line is he's available.

Long term there needs to be more accountability for all and not just the on ice players and coaches. Both Boyd and Howson need to feel a blow torch on theirs buts. What we see currently is a result of bad decisions over many years. Howson is a step up over GMDM but he's needs to be called out for his mistakes. For Boyd we've either drafted poorly or developed pooly or both.

One last thing; sign Dan Fritche and bring him up here because we could use some energy and passion.

CBJ Bob is offline   Reply With Quote