HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Loui Eriksson to Ottawa

Old
12-26-2009, 02:50 PM
steiner

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to steiner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders0n74 View Post
That's exactly why Wideman looked good. Missing a legit scorer is also effecting his game. Last year the Bruins had a top line of Lucic, Savard, Kessel, Chara, and Wideman. Lucic cleared the bodies, Savard made the passes, Kessel was the sniper, Chara has his blast, and Wideman was the last option. Without him being that last option anymore, his stats, which most of the league bases his play off of, has significantly tapered off.

Anyways, on to the Eriksson deal.

To Boston:
Loui Eriksson
Dallas 4th

To Dallas:
Dennis Wideman
Blake Wheeler
Zach Hammil

I'd rather give up Hammil who could use a change of scenery. Boston is set at center for a long while, and this looks to be his natural position. Plus with Blake Wheeler involved in the deal, I'd rather give up Hammil than the 2nd and added the Dallas 4th round pick into the deal for both Wideman and Wheeler.
I'd do it. Good for the Stars I think.

steiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Dave Karp

vCash: 500
Wow. People are seriously underrating Eriksson's game. I don't blame them as looking at his stats, it's quite easy to do. Erikkson's number are pretty good (not unbelievable), but what impresses me most is his defensive side to his game. He is the prototypical 2-way forward. I cannot believe people think Foligno, and Lee (who I actually think will develop into a top-4 guy) is fair for Eriksson. And Grebeshkov (who is fine but not near as valuable as Eriksson)? Wheeler, Hamill and Wideman is somewhat interesting, but still wouldn't pull the trigger due to the fact that Dallas knows what they have with Erikkson, not so much with Hamill and Wheeler.

Dave Karp is offline   Reply With Quote