HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brian Little to Vancouver

Old
12-26-2009, 12:10 AM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkteen View Post
Would rather keep Grabner, thanks. Also, the Canucks need a shutdown center, not a scoring one.
Ryan Kesler

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:12 AM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Canucks fans wouldn't trade,Kesler for Carter why would we trade Kesler + for Little not a chance.
Speak for yourself

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:27 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuKer View Post
Speak for yourself
Want me to show you the thread http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...hlight=van+phi Canucks fans don't do it

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:41 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

little is arguably our most valuable forward aside from kovalchuk, on a team that is top 5 in the league offensively that says a lot. nobody gives a **** if he hasn't scored a lot this year he has scored 30 goal before and will be even more important once kozlov retires. he's not a liability defensively unlike most goal scorers and he always gives 100%. he's been one of our best forwards the past 10 games or so even if his numbers don't show it. you are going crazy over kesler well little is to the thrashers what kesler is to the canucks. you can't get a guy on an entrylevel contract that has proven he can be a top line player for nothing.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 10 View Post
little is arguably our most valuable forward aside from kovalchuk, on a team that is top 5 in the league offensively that says a lot. nobody gives a **** if he hasn't scored a lot this year he has scored 30 goal before and will be even more important once kozlov retires. he's not a liability defensively unlike most goal scorers and he always gives 100%. he's been one of our best forwards the past 10 games or so even if his numbers don't show it. you are going crazy over kesler well little is to the thrashers what kesler is to the canucks. you can't get a guy on an entrylevel contract that has proven he can be a top line player for nothing.
I never said that,Little would get peanuts I said we wouldn't trade Kesler for him ,I agree Little is a great player but I wouldn't trade Kesler for him.

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 03:08 AM
bmah03

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
I never said that,Little would get peanuts I said we wouldn't trade Kesler for him ,I agree Little is a great player but I wouldn't trade Kesler for him.
How do you not understand that. They obviously know Vancouver would never trade Kesler for Little. But from Atlanta's point of view they would never trade Little for anyone but Kesler. (Obviously Luongo, Sedins are an exception) This is the point in a trade talk where you would say "Ok thanks, ttyl goodbye" not "i'd give you Hodgson+ for Little" it's just not enough for them at this point in time.

bmah03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 11:12 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Well Bryan Little is to Atlanta what Kesler is to the Canucks. Since Atlanta doesnt want to move him, you'll need to overpay through the nose to get him. So yes, they'd ask for Kesler in return.

If you don't want to give up Kesler, then don't expect Atlanta to give you Little. He is one of their most untouchable player right now because of his contract, right up there with Kovy.
sorry, but that's completely wrong. There's no way that Little is as important to the Thrashers as Kesler is to the Canucks.

I can understand them not wanting to trade him for anything but Kesler on our roster, but that doesn't make him anywhere near as valuable to the Thrashers team as Kesler is to the Canucks.

If you think otherwise, just look at the stats... Kesler is #2 in team scoring... Little is tied for #6 among forwards on his team. Kesler has more than twice as many goals, twice as many assists, and most importantly - showing how important he really is to the team - he leads the team in icetime among forwards - just ahead of Henrik Sedin overall.

Comparatively, Little is #6 on his team among forwards in icetime, at just under 16mins/game.

You could argue that Little has more upside, and that he eventually could be a better player, which still remains to be seen... but to suggest that he's anywhere close to as important to the Thrashers, as Kesler is to the Canucks, is just downright laughable.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
sorry, but that's completely wrong. There's no way that Little is as important to the Thrashers as Kesler is to the Canucks.

I can understand them not wanting to trade him for anything but Kesler on our roster, but that doesn't make him anywhere near as valuable to the Thrashers team as Kesler is to the Canucks.

If you think otherwise, just look at the stats... Kesler is #2 in team scoring... Little is tied for #6 among forwards on his team. Kesler has more than twice as many goals, twice as many assists, and most importantly - showing how important he really is to the team - he leads the team in icetime among forwards - just ahead of Henrik Sedin overall.

Comparatively, Little is #6 on his team among forwards in icetime, at just under 16mins/game.

You could argue that Little has more upside, and that he eventually could be a better player, which still remains to be seen... but to suggest that he's anywhere close to as important to the Thrashers, as Kesler is to the Canucks, is just downright laughable.
i think he meant that little is as important to atlanta's future as kesler is to vancouver's. and please don't just disregard little's season last year if you are going to use nothing but statsto prove your point. you will be hard pressed to prove little wasn't atlanta's best all-around forward last year and is expected to continue to be one of the big three pieces moving forward(along with bogosian and kane)

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote