HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2010 ohl draft

Old
12-21-2009, 12:35 PM
1hockey

vCash: 500
Hooey plays with Clarington. Waxers only real first rounder is Gaunce. Marlies always have a strong team and will likely have a few first rounders, including Matia Marcantuoni.

1hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 01:42 PM
LeafsFan18
Go Leafs Go

Anyone know anything about Kirby Rychel?

LeafsFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 03:50 PM
blitzburgh

What is the OHL Cup? Is that the Midget AAA Canada Cup in Windsor Dec 27-31st (hosted by the OHL)?

blitzburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
What is the OHL Cup? Is that the Midget AAA Canada Cup in Windsor Dec 27-31st (hosted by the OHL)?
Its actually in March in Mississauga. Every finalist from each league gets in plus some wild card invites like a GNML all star team, the Thunder Bay Kings, and a few others. Usually 2-3 american teams as well. Its a minor midget tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitsFan18 View Post
Which team does he play for and in which league?
Hes playing for Belle Tire in the Tier 1 league in the states.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 06:24 AM
blitzburgh

Most of the kids in the States discussed on these boards are playing midget minors. There are a few '94's in the US playing for midget major teams and a few in the USHL. The difference there is HUGE, considering that they play against kids 3+ years older. Not sure if any of these kids are on the OHL radar, but a couple of them should be, as they are all 6 + footers, have good skills, potential and didn't get to where they are by being soft. Here is a partial list...

Nick Ebert (Waterloo Blackhawks USHL ) D
Brady Vail (Waterloo Blackhawks USHL ) F
Trevor Owens (NC Jr Hurricanes 16UAAA/USHL call up) D
Henrik Samualsson (PF Changs 18UAAA) F
Alexander Dagnal (Pittsburgh Predators 18UAAA) F
Kyle Loridon (Lansing Capitals 18UAAA) F
Zachary Dorer (Lansing Capitals 18UAAA) D
Grant Besse (MN HS) F
Aaron Michaelson (MN HS) F

Old
12-22-2009, 09:46 AM
highlightreel

What about Adam Bignell(sp). He played in Kitchener last year and I've been told that he is playing a prep school this year. Does anybody know how hes playing and what his plans are for next year?

highlightreel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2009, 10:02 AM
blitzburgh

Culver Academy U16

Adam Bignell GP 12 G 1 A 6 PTS 7

Old
12-23-2009, 10:48 PM
snipetongues

Hooey is a little over-rated. he is a good player, but definitly not as tough as everyone is saying, and can be real dirty. I really do not know why everyone is so excited about this Gaunce kid either. If anyone's name is being used to much on this thread, its his.

snipetongues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2009, 08:02 PM
highlightreel

headin to the Marlies tourny any names to watch for?

Old
12-27-2009, 12:18 PM
big time every time

I too like Hooey(FWD). plays with alot of grit and jam. He is a player who you would hate to play against. He should be a 2nd - early 3rd. Good team player - that plays to win.

I have to think Mossman (FWD)will be a mid. pick. decent skill, good speed, works hard -needs to be a bit more physical for me.

Saw Bignall (DEF) at under 16 camp in K-W he looked like the real deal. Where is Culver Academy? Big, Good skater, hits hard and see's the ice well. Good numbers.

Rychel (FWD) Belle tire U16 is a player who plays hard ,good work ethic. Very gritty. goes to places on the ice where you usually have to pay a price. Good hands.

How tall is Kea?

big time every time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Falcons93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumping jim View Post
I too like Hooey(FWD). plays with alot of grit and jam. He is a player who you would hate to play against. He should be a 2nd - early 3rd. Good team player - that plays to win.

I have to think Mossman (FWD)will be a mid. pick. decent skill, good speed, works hard -needs to be a bit more physical for me.

Saw Bignall (DEF) at under 16 camp in K-W he looked like the real deal. Where is Culver Academy? Big, Good skater, hits hard and see's the ice well. Good numbers.

Rychel (FWD) Belle tire U16 is a player who plays hard ,good work ethic. Very gritty. goes to places on the ice where you usually have to pay a price. Good hands.

How tall is Kea?
The Scouting News has him listed at 6'5 and 200 pounds. I don't know how much merit you want to put in that. I think I read an article from the same site that stated he might be a poor man's Zdeno Chara, which is quite humorous. They don't play the same position and Kea is not very physical. Every hockey players height is exagerrated, so I doubt he is actually 6'5 (I also don't think he weighs 200), but if you're basing his size in relation to what other players are listed at, it's still a good indication to how big he is. Any info on how the Toros did against the Rebels today? Game still going on or has it ended?

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Falcons93

Nevermind the question, they lost 8-0 to the Rebels?! Wow.

Falcons93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:45 PM
SilentScout

Gnml

Any word on how the Midget trappers are making out... relating to their top three players, Staples, Pawson and Levasseur... Staples seems to find the net, Levasseur is a big lengthy guy great on face offs and has good hands...any teams interested in them? There is alot of talk about Silk but he is small. Saw Haines play and wasn't impressed definitely a hot head!

SilentScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:12 PM
big time every time

THANKS-------6'5 really?------ he is not that?

Old
12-28-2009, 08:30 PM
bluelinetoedrag

I am at the marlies tourny at the moment and i watch greater kingston play the bulldogs the other night and did hulton ever look good. He has size and is able to score. He is deffinatly a kid to watch in games to come.

bluelinetoedrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 08:32 PM
howndawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScout View Post
Any word on how the Midget trappers are making out... relating to their top three players, Staples, Pawson and Levasseur... Staples seems to find the net, Levasseur is a big lengthy guy great on face offs and has good hands...any teams interested in them? There is alot of talk about Silk but he is small. Saw Haines play and wasn't impressed definitely a hot head!
Silk is 6' or darn close. He's a late birthday, just turned 15 I would say that size is not an issue. I'm thinking that as of now he looks like middle to late second round. He can skate, shoot and has pretty good hockey sense.

howndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 08:33 AM
big time every time

I did not make it back to marlie tourny on Tues. anyone standout?

Old
01-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
Most of the kids in the States discussed on these boards are playing midget minors. There are a few '94's in the US playing for midget major teams and a few in the USHL. The difference there is HUGE, considering that they play against kids 3+ years older. Not sure if any of these kids are on the OHL radar, but a couple of them should be, as they are all 6 + footers, have good skills, potential and didn't get to where they are by being soft. Here is a partial list...

Nick Ebert (Waterloo Blackhawks USHL ) D
Brady Vail (Waterloo Blackhawks USHL ) F
Trevor Owens (NC Jr Hurricanes 16UAAA/USHL call up) D
Henrik Samualsson (PF Changs 18UAAA) F
Alexander Dagnal (Pittsburgh Predators 18UAAA) F
Kyle Loridon (Lansing Capitals 18UAAA) F
Zachary Dorer (Lansing Capitals 18UAAA) D
Grant Besse (MN HS) F
Aaron Michaelson (MN HS) F
MN HS is WHL territory and cannot be drafted by an OHL team, as well I believe PF Changs is located in Arizona which is also WHL territory. I'm not sure where Carolina stands as far as CHL territory goes. However teams should be looking at Ebert and Vail closely as playing in the USHL as an underager is no small feat. I know the hockey news had a prep watch on Ebert he could be a very high OHL pick but concerns about NCAA will probably have him drop.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 04:11 PM
nowayguy
Maybe Next Year

Any potential studs in this draft? Bulls need a superstar.

nowayguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 06:57 PM
doogie24

I see that the Jr Canadians and the Marlboros made it to the finals last week...(no surprise) Looks like Elgin and London had good showings as well. Anyone got a tournament round up for us? (who stood out, noticeable point totals, etc) thanks in advance!

doogie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 10:07 PM
bladesausteel

I came to watch the Bantams and ended up seeing Domi's kid Max play for Don Mills. The first five minutes I was NOT impressed at all but after that, every time that kid was on the ice he seemed to dominate. Skills, skills, skills. But he's kinda little. But WOO!!

bladesausteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2010, 10:54 PM
1hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie24 View Post
I see that the Jr Canadians and the Marlboros made it to the finals last week...(no surprise) Looks like Elgin and London had good showings as well. Anyone got a tournament round up for us? (who stood out, noticeable point totals, etc) thanks in advance!
You can get all the stats for the Marlie tournament (teams and individual) at

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=5053

Surprisingly, the round robin games between the Marlies and other teams were not blowouts (except for Canton). Their strength showed towards the end of each game but the good news is that other teams, not necessarily the Jr. Cdns, etc., were able to play with the Marlies.

1hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 12:07 AM
doogie24

Thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

doogie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2010, 05:06 PM
TheKnownHockeyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentScout View Post
Haven't went to go watch them play yet but regards to Silk he is not a top 5 round guy he is weak, slow and doesn't like to be hit or go in the corner. Watch the 94's from the Soo and see how they play!

TheKnownHockeyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 12:25 AM
highlightreel

I agree with you on Hulton, The kid played really well against the Bulldogs but he needs to play like that every time to have a shot of getting drafted. Checked the stats and it looks like Mossman and Kyle had good tourny. Kyle had a 5 point game