HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Columbus - Vancouver

Old
12-23-2009, 02:38 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
where do i sign and how quickly can I get him to dallas?
hopefully right after the trade freeze is lifted... cause the longer we wait, the more likely you are to back away from that deal

I'd trade Bieksa and a 1st for Filatov in a second.... then move a forward (Grabner, Samuelsson, Hansen) for another dman.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
hopefully right after the trade freeze is lifted... cause the longer we wait, the more likely you are to back away from that deal

I'd trade Bieksa and a 1st for Filatov in a second.... then move a forward (Grabner, Samuelsson, Hansen) for another dman.
so why are nucks so eager to rid of bieksa then? everytime I've watched him, he's been solid....

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

vCash: 855
Quote:
I agree to an extend... if you can get Filatov for Bieksa and a 1st, you'd do it... but we're not talking adding an elite level winger prospect at no expense... you're dealing away an elite level center prospect - which is a position of much greater need - for an elite level winger prospect, which is a position the Canucks are set in right now.

I'd have no problem dealing away any of the other prospects in our system for Filatov... I just wouldn't deal our best prospect, who's also an elite quality prospect, that addresses a huge weakness for this team, for an elite level prospect in another position.

IMO Hodgson's back injury vs. Filatov's KHL options puts each prospect in risk category... however, both are still elite prospects overall, and personally I keep the one that address a big hole, rather than add one to a position of strength.

If the Jackets want Bieksa, or Schroeder, or Grabner, etc, I'd love to take that risk on Filatov... as things stand I'm more comfortable keeping the risk in Hodgson.
Great post as usual NFiTO,I agree on all counts.I would take the risk on Filatov for Bieksa and a 1 st round pick,cause IMO Filatov is the piece Canucks are missing a game breaker,look at what Kane did to us last year ever since that game I thought the Canucks needed an elite game breaker.I thought maybe we could find a way to sign Gaborik when he was a UFA but he cost way to much.I wouldn't do the OP even if Hodgson was a winger cause,Hodgson is a the safer prospect.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:43 PM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

Quote:
so why are nucks so eager to rid of bieksa then? everytime I've watched him, he's been solid....
Doesn't look like you watch Bieksa enough when he's on his game IMO he'a a top 30 defenceman in the league,but when he's off his game he's pretty dam bad.

Old
12-23-2009, 02:46 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
I'm not as eager to get rid of Bieksa as most Canuck fans are... IMO he is still a rare breed in the NHL - a tough right handed/right side dman that can generate 40 points, and that's a valuable commodity in the NHL IMO.

But he has had a bad season, and maybe he just needs a change of scenery... maybe it's just time for him to move on, and find a new home elsewhere, under less pressure than he's been getting in this market recently.

I still believe he can turn it around... maybe even in Vancouver. But if you can get a top notch prospect for him, like Filatov, I'd take my chances... IMO losing Bieksa isn't going to hurt us this season with the depth they have available, and I still expect this team to make the playoffs, making the 1st less valuable in this draft.

I would make another trade after to pick up a bottom pairing dman to fill the void short-term... with Salo and Schneider on that defense, you could never have enough capable (healthy) options.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Kagee*

Quote:
and maybe he just needs a change of scenery... maybe it's just time for him to move on, and find a new home elsewhere, under less pressure than he's been getting in this market recently.

I still believe he can turn it around... maybe even in Vancouver. But if you can get a top notch prospect for him, like Filatov, I'd take my chances... IMO losing Bieksa isn't going to hurt us this season with the depth they have available, and I still expect this team to make the playoffs, making the 1st less valuable in this draft.

I would make another trade after to pick up a bottom pairing dman to fill the void short-term... with Salo and Schneider on that defense, you could never have enough capable (healthy) options.
Agreed, and most definitely Bieksa needs a change of scenery imo, and be a solid top 3 dman somewhere else.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
Don't think you've been watching him this season then.

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHo777 View Post
Agreed, and most definitely Bieksa needs a change of scenery imo, and be a solid top 3 dman somewhere else.
IMO when Bieksa is on his game he's a top 30 defenceman in the league.

Old
12-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
Don't think you've been watching him this season then.
I can't speak for Fro, but I watch as much hockey as I can, but it's tough to get Vancouver games in Columbus. Most of what we see is Van vs. CBJ (and everyone looks good against us ) or Vancouver vs. the central division or eastern conference teams. From what I've seen, Bieksa is a solid, rugged guy who can put up decent to good numbers. I guess it could be an anomaly, given the frequency at which I see him play, but he's impressed me most of the time.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
I can't speak for Fro, but I watch as much hockey as I can, but it's tough to get Vancouver games in Columbus. Most of what we see is Van vs. CBJ (and everyone looks good against us ) or Vancouver vs. the central division or eastern conference teams. From what I've seen, Bieksa is a solid, rugged guy who can put up decent to good numbers. I guess it could be an anomaly, given the frequency at which I see him play, but he's impressed me most of the time.
Like I said before,sometimes Bieksa is a top 30 defenceman in the league,but sometimes he's horrible.

Old
12-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Ace of Canucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Thats would be sweet Canucks future top 9

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Schroeder-Hodgson-Filatov
Raymond-Kesler-Grabner
Holy *****!

Heeeeeey Columbus.. Bieksa+1st for Filatov

Ace of Canucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Canucks View Post
Holy *****!

Heeeeeey Columbus.. Bieksa+1st for Filatov
HAHA it would be awesome.

Old
12-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Intoewsables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
personally, I would heavily consider it. I'm a big Bieksa fan.
Bye Bieksa!

Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2009, 08:40 PM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
where do i sign and how quickly can I get him to dallas?
Just call your GM, we'll call ours.

But on the Hodgson deal, I think value wise it's there, but Canucks don't do it.

I think Filatov is the better prospect and has the potential to be something special, but the KHL factor is huge, as well as the Canucks having plenty of depth on the wings. Top prospects rarely get traded for each other in the NHL, this isn't Michael Taylor for Brett Wallace.

But I think we can all agree as Canuck fans we would take the Bieksa + 1st deal in a heartbeat.

JohnHodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 02:06 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I repeat, only Hodgson. Any Bieksa or other players.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote