HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"The End of the Line" Preds at Hawks 12/27/09 6 PM CST

Old
12-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
"The End of the Line" Preds at Hawks 12/27/09 6 PM CST

at
United Center - Chicago, IL
6:00 PM CST
TV: FSTN
Radio: 104.5 FM

Last game between the teams for the 09-10 regular season...

Ellis vs. Niemi in nets

Predators lineup from third period last night...

Erat - Arnott - Hornqvist
Sullivan - Legwand - Ward
Jones - Goc - Thuresson
Dumont - Spaling - Belak

Suter - Weber
Hamhuis - Klein
Bouillon - Sulzer

Last edited by Seth Lake: 12-27-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 05:52 PM
foame

Why is Dumont on the 4th line?

foame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by foame View Post
Why is Dumont on the 4th line?
Simple, because he wasn't moving his feet and deserved to have his minutes limited against a Hawks team that was skating circles around us...

Old
12-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Seth Lake

Is the YouTube video working? It's the first time I've tried to use one in a post and it is not showing up on my browser (but, most don't anyways due to my settings...).

Old
12-27-2009, 05:58 PM
foame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Is the YouTube video working? It's the first time I've tried to use one in a post and it is not showing up on my browser (but, most don't anyways due to my settings...).
It isn't working beacuse you typed it wrong. You only need the last bit of the url: "hl8tXfjoMok" (quote me to see how you type it)

foame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by foame View Post
It isn't working beacuse you typed it wrong. You only need the last bit of the url: "hl8tXfjoMok" (quote me to see how you type it)
Thanks, didn't realize I only had to use the end of the link with the YouTube tags. Will remember for the future...

Old
12-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Seth Lake

Despite the fact that he has played poorly in his past two outings, I'd much rather have Scatchard in the lineup over Belak tonight. Chicago simply has no reason to fight Belak which makes him useless...

Old
12-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Well we HAD a good start... until hamhuis and klein were on the ice together. Lucky goal for Goc, but sometimes luck is better than skill.

Great another penalty. Get the parade ready.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 09:05 PM
LarmerAmonteSeabrook

Nice weekend, guys. I am impressed with your guys and thought we were fortunate to take both games. You will be in the playoff race for the rest of the season.

Good luck the rest of the season. I know we're done with playing you this season (I know, I can't believe it when it's not even the new year yet), but maybe we'll meet again in the playoffs.

LarmerAmonteSeabrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:46 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Was anybody else unable to enter the site during the game? It was really unfortunate that the site would go down during such a big game.
Posted via Android Device

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:53 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

That's pretty much all I can say.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:55 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

I turned it off after Madden gave them the lead. I figured they'd quit playing after that, but I was wrong. Too bad the defense completely collapsed at the last possible moment.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 12:53 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Very good effort to come back and get it tied back up.

But, give up 4 goals in the third period? We didn't deserve to win.

It was a better effort early in the first and second periods. We played good for the first 5 mintues, then Chicago scored and took over. It almost looked as if we were playing not to lose while up 2-1, or at least once we tied it, let's just get to OT. There was no excuse for Saturday's game, I don't understand how they came out so flat with no emotion at home. We had to at least split, this was the worst that could happen this weekend.

On Kane's GW goal, he was left standing ALL ALONE next to the net. FOUR Predators followed a Hawk to the other side and by the time they realized Kane was there it was too late. Ellis or Hamhuis saved the first shot, but then a Hawk got to the rebound, instead of the 2-3 Preds there, and it went back to a still wide open Kane and he picked the corner, again.

On Chicago's PPG, was that guy not in the crease? On the replay it looked like his skates were in the crease and he was making some kind of contact with Ellis. But, still it would help if someone would clear the guys out from in front of our goalies.

I don't understand how one of the least penalized team has all of a sudden started having 5-7 penalties a game while only generating 3 or less PPs for themselves.

EVERY time we start getting national attention we crap out and go on a losing streak.

This was on the Preds site, in the recap. A positive spin on the coming schedule:
Quote:
Plus, after playing the NHL’s top team in back-to-back games (Chicago has a league-high 55 points), the schedule takes a turn in the other direction. Five of Nashville’s next six games come against teams currently ranked in the bottom-10 of the NHL standings. St. Louis, Tuesday night’s opponent, has 39 points, including a 6-12-2 mark at home. Columbus, who the Preds visit on New Year’s Eve, has 35 points, with a 1-7-2 mark in its last 10 games. The Preds then open a four-game home stand to kick off 2010 featuring Carolina (a league-low 25 points) and two games vs. Anaheim (37 points). In fact, over the next 14 games, the Preds only play five against teams currently in a playoff seed.

Further, based on current league standings, the Preds may have already survived the toughest part of their schedule. After tonight’s games, eight teams in the league have 50-or-more points; the Preds have already played 13 games against those eight teams, with just nine more match-ups remaining on the schedule. Conversely, the Preds have played just 10 games against teams currently ranked in the bottom 10 of the league standings, with 16 more contests left – including those five important games in the next two weeks.

With a solid effort over the next two weeks the Preds can return to the task of distancing themselves from the playoff cut line and make this weekend’s results look like a minor blip over the course of the 82-game haul.
--Jay Levin, NashvillePredators.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarmerAmonteSeabrook View Post
Nice weekend, guys. I am impressed with your guys and thought we were fortunate to take both games. You will be in the playoff race for the rest of the season.

Good luck the rest of the season. I know we're done with playing you this season (I know, I can't believe it when it's not even the new year yet), but maybe we'll meet again in the playoffs.
(I think you're just being nice with the first part)...It is weird we are done with the Hawks, usually we end up playing each other at least once or twice in April or late March. On the other hand, we haven't even played Phoenix once yet.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:44 AM
OpenWheel

What's the shortest game day thread ever? This post can't count since it's no longer game day.

Sucks. Preds seem to be making rookie mistakes, as a team.

Every time I talk up Legwand he goes in a funk. I'll never do that again. What worries me is his funks sometimes last a month or more. Not saying he played poorly, but we need more from him in points with the ice time he gets.

I agree that it seems they are trying to cherry pick, and counter-attack, rather then attack. We don't havre that type of skill for a more open game. And instead of discipline on defense we are chasing the puck as we did during the blowout losses early in the year.

Oh well. Hopefully the somewhat easier schedule will help them get it back together. Sullivan has to find a level he can sustain that still includes some gritty play. He's soft right now.

Erat keeps scoring but where are any of the other big guns?

Oh well. Go Preds.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 12-28-2009 at 01:54 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:04 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Hamhuis and Klein are STILL on the ice together.

I feel like Trotz is dumping on my pillow every time they go over the boards and i just want to lay down and take a nap but I cant.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 08:23 AM
RollingPredFan

Disappointing, I thought for sure we would get a point at least. I thought Franson had one of his best games. Can't fault the effort at least, they played hard. I have never seen Erat that mad before at the end of a game... that was a cheapshot by Seabrook, atleast Hornquist stood up for him, he's becoming my favorite Pred...

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
Hamhuis and Klein are STILL on the ice together.

I feel like Trotz is dumping on my pillow every time they go over the boards and i just want to lay down and take a nap but I cant.
Oh god, what a horrible image

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
Was anybody else unable to enter the site during the game? It was really unfortunate that the site would go down during such a big game.
Posted via Android Device
Yep HF was down for a while

Well nice weekend

I am happy of course but the Preds played well last night. Game could have gone either way

I hope we dont meet again this year (Cant believe the season series is over)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote