HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 3-2 against Maple Lafs

Old
12-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post

Andrei roar.
Yes Andrei, ROAR!...ROAR for me!

He's turning into what I've ever wanted; A wild top sniper with ugly looks and bad hair!

So proud of him

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 09:34 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Quote:
1000000/10

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
This one is great, I can't take my eyes off of it.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Erik Estrada

Those Gifs are a stroke of genius.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
I'm a Leaf fan and I said the exact samething after the game. Unfortunately I've said that a lot this year. Not sure how we manage to lose almost all of these games that we dominate. Happened against Buffalo a week ago, and against NYI when we put up 63 shots.....incredible.
For starters, it would help if the Leafs had better goaltending. Trading Rask wasn't a stroke of genius.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:28 AM
dutchy29

Isn't it crazy how its always the habs that have these ridiculous shot totals against. I mean go back as far as 2002 and we have always been this type of team, heavily over relying on goaltenders, overrelying on special teams to give us goals, I think the only year since we had a good 5-5 team was two years ago when we were 1st in the conference. And it doesnt seem to matter who is on the team, whos in net, who the coach is nothing, I'm baffled.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 03:02 AM
dutchy29

I'm not sure if its all Jack Martin, the talent on this team is strong enough you have to wonder if the effort isnt their? Or psychologically the players have gotten used to the goalies doing most of the work. I can't understand why Lapierre, Moen, etc. or who ever is playing the third line can't forecheck more consistently, when Laps, Lats, Kostopolus played together they were always in the offensive zone, forechecking, creating chances, this current edition of the third line is mediocre at best. also none of the lines seem to be cycling puck in the oppositions zone? something this team used to do very well.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 03:09 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
For the first time in my life i was ashamed to be a Habs fan last night.How can they look so good for the first period and then just lay down and die for the remainder of the game ??
I do know that if i`m a Leaf player sitting on the bench and i see Markov jump up and grab Plekanec(after second goal) like they had just won the Stanley Cup,then the two of them laughing on the ice like it was game over and it was party time,i would be SOME fired up,and that`s exactly what happened .That to me gave the Leafs the life that they were looking for .AND THE HABS JUST COMPLETELY SUCKED after the second goal.
Why why why,when they play the Leafs they have no life ? How do you not get up for a game like that ?
ASHAMED !!!
I had people over watching this game and it's the first time I ever saw this, when Andrei scored, nobody was happy, nobody was that enthousiastic. Everybody was like "wow this was high robbery" in a sort of resignated tone.

I think the fans are getting fed up by how the Habs play.

I'm happy for Andrei, though.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 03:44 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoGionta View Post
I had people over watching this game and it's the first time I ever saw this, when Andrei scored, nobody was happy, nobody was that enthousiastic. Everybody was like "wow this was high robbery" in a sort of resignated tone.

I think the fans are getting fed up by how the Habs play.

I'm happy for Andrei, though.
My buddy and I screamed of joy when we scored. To be honest, I think we stole other games, but even if Toronto finished with 50shots, I didn't feel like that really translate the game.

Hockey is also a game of opportunities, you have to capitalize on them.

I thought the game was boring, but I don't really care as long as we win. The average fan though will care more about the entertainment side and spectacle.

If this goes on during the entire course of a season, then we have a problem, I agree. But I don't think that will happen because if it does we will end up finishing last.
There's no way we can average allowing 47shots per game for a full season.

Earlier this year, we looked better. We were missing Markov, but Hamrlik was here and like Ozy pointed out in another thread, he's leading for shots blocked. He's also a solid defensive Dman.
Not only that, but even though we didn't have a solid 2nd line, we had Plekanec providing ''secondary'' scoring while Gionta-Gomez-Cammy were playing solid.
That gave us better production at ES.

Right now, we only have the Plek line. Gomez's line is producing nothing at Even Strength. So really, Gionta's return will be huge imo.
Just as big will be Hammer's return.

I think people are panicking a little too early, which is a tradition here in Mtl.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:16 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
My buddy and I screamed of joy when we scored. To be honest, I think we stole other games, but even if Toronto finished with 50shots, I didn't feel like that really translate the game.

Hockey is also a game of opportunities, you have to capitalize on them.

I thought the game was boring, but I don't really care as long as we win. The average fan though will care more about the entertainment side and spectacle.

If this goes on during the entire course of a season, then we have a problem, I agree. But I don't think that will happen because if it does we will end up finishing last.
There's no way we can average allowing 47shots per game for a full season.

Earlier this year, we looked better. We were missing Markov, but Hamrlik was here and like Ozy pointed out in another thread, he's leading for shots blocked. He's also a solid defensive Dman.
Not only that, but even though we didn't have a solid 2nd line, we had Plekanec providing ''secondary'' scoring while Gionta-Gomez-Cammy were playing solid.
That gave us better production at ES.

Right now, we only have the Plek line. Gomez's line is producing nothing at Even Strength. So really, Gionta's return will be huge imo.
Just as big will be Hammer's return.

I think people are panicking a little too early, which is a tradition here in Mtl.
Bingo.

I LMAO when I read the RDS title for the game recap.

Robbery?? Oh come on!!! The 1/2 of the Leaf shots came from the perimeter. Habs had maybe 6-7 less shots from close to the net.

Out of the 50 shots, 1/5 were actually true scoring chances. Montreal had almost as many scoring chances out of half the shots.

The leafs seemed like a team desperate to score and ending up scoring lucky desperate goals. When I saw the Leafs score their goals, I thought that if THEY won, it would be robbery. Toronto's goals weren't beautiful goals simply because the Habs tried to keep them on the perimeter as much as possible. If you go see the shot chart you will notice how they force the play to go on Halak's right side, which should be his strong side as he can hug the post with his stick and have his glove hand for the other side.

The only thing the Leafs could do if they wanted to win is keep shooting as much as possible, and many of the shots became futile.

Anyone just needs to take a look at what type of goals were scored by each team to see who was the better team. Habs had the most dangerous chances and capitalized on them, while the Leafs scrapped off two goals out of a lot of effort, tenacity and luck.

This is actually a very good sign. because if we do indeed cut down on the shots too, we'll be fine, as our team doesn't need 30 shots of their own to get their own goals.

Also, the Plex goal, that pass from Markov, that's what we've been missing all year long. Can't wait for Gio and Hammer to come back.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Boulette Cannon

Solution to all our problems is simple.

Laraque out.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:53 PM
nORRis8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
This one is great, I can't take my eyes off of it.
Being a fan of the WHO for many many years plus seeing them in 06 live, this is very clever.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:18 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamary View Post
Solution to all our problems is simple.

Laraque out.
He seriously brings down the fourth/french line. It's so frustrating!

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote