HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Laviolette working these guys to death in practice?

Old
12-27-2009, 10:03 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Before the coaching change I was not vehemently anti-Stevens, and tried to be even-handed in both my criticism and praise of him, usually only commenting when I felt that Stevens' haters were getting carried away. There were a lot of things I did not like about Stevens manner as a coach though. I like Laviolette a lot, but time will tell with him.
Fair enough. I was just commenting that now is an odd time to start objecting to people presuming or assuming what happens behind cloised doors.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Isn't it eleven games now?

Has Hartnell been held accountable for his dumb penalties by Laviolette? No.

And remember what punishment Laviolette dished out on Carcillo upon Carcillo's return from his suspension? Top line, and power play time.
I did not hear anything about Hartnell specifically but Briere was punished and Carcillo was probably talked too, the whole team was bag skating. Carcillo ****ed up in one game..

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I did not hear anything about Hartnell specifically but Briere was punished and Carcillo was probably talked too, the whole team was bag skating. Carcillo ****ed up in one game..
Hartnell has skated for his penalties as well.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Fair enough. I was just commenting that now is an odd time to start objecting to people presuming or assuming what happens behind cloised doors.
The timing has a lot to do with the fact that I never got the impression that Stevens took losing seriously enough or was particularly hard on his team for playing bad hockey (why object to others speculating if you think they're probably right, even if they can overstate things). I have yet to get the impression from Laviolette, and there has been a lot of opportunity for him to get desensitized to losing or treat it with a cavalier attitude as of late.

I will readily admit that my thoughts on each coach are essentially hunches, and that I have no inside info as to the methods of each coach other than the insight the media can provide.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 08:09 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
I will readily admit that my thoughts on each coach are essentially hunches, and that I have no inside info as to the methods of each coach other than the insight the media can provide.
Fair enough. Me, too.

Old
12-28-2009, 05:40 AM
captainpaxil

i like lavi and i think the team will benefit from a new set of eyes and the new system but i really dont believe any of this accountability junk. this is the guy who skated rod brindamour last year when he was a minus 20. coaches have thier guys they ride and the guys they know they usually trust more. stevens rode lupul for floating and didnt like the stickchecker kukkonen. he trusted his guys from the phantoms. so far lavi has played asham who he knows from long island and leighton who he knows from carolina. and hes getting on hartnell for penalties. hes been known as a players coach and a systems guy whos big on conditioning. especially so far as the bag skates they come from timmy p who also reported that stevens bag skated em the day before he was fired. it was conditioning then and its conditioning now.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 06:25 AM
freakydallas13

I think is was the practice before the rags game, when it had been reported that no one skated at practice except the injured (gagne?) and hartnell.

freakydallas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
i like lavi and i think the team will benefit from a new set of eyes and the new system but i really dont believe any of this accountability junk. this is the guy who skated rod brindamour last year when he was a minus 20. coaches have thier guys they ride and the guys they know they usually trust more. stevens rode lupul for floating and didnt like the stickchecker kukkonen. he trusted his guys from the phantoms. so far lavi has played asham who he knows from long island and leighton who he knows from carolina. and hes getting on hartnell for penalties. hes been known as a players coach and a systems guy whos big on conditioning. especially so far as the bag skates they come from timmy p who also reported that stevens bag skated em the day before he was fired. it was conditioning then and its conditioning now.
False.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 08:39 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
they come from timmy p who also reported that stevens bag skated em the day before he was fired.
Ah well back then Timmeh was not to be believed.

Old
12-28-2009, 09:04 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Ah well back then Timmeh was not to be believed.
You mean he can be believed now? Pshaw...

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 09:38 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Like when you claimed Carcillo wasn't disciplined, but rewarded with top line ice time, presuming nothing happened behind closed doors. You're burning the candle at both ends with this one.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 09:47 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Like when you claimed Carcillo wasn't disciplined, but rewarded with top line ice time, presuming nothing happened behind closed doors. You're burning the candle at both ends with this one.
I had a theory that Carcillo got first line ice time right after the incident in order to calm him down. If he's with Richards focusing on putting up points he won't have time to be a time-bomb on the bottom line.

I thought that was a smart move by Laviolette.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 10:06 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I had a theory that Carcillo got first line ice time right after the incident in order to calm him down. If he's with Richards focusing on putting up points he won't have time to be a time-bomb on the bottom line.

That was a line they were using in practice the day Stevens got fired anyways, so that wasn't completely his concoction.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post

I think it probably had something to do with Carcillo looking like he gave a **** as well.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 10:15 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
That was a line they were using in practice the day Stevens got fired anyways, so that wasn't completely his concoction.
Oh, I didn't realize that.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 10:29 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
I think it probably had something to do with Carcillo looking like he gave a **** as well.
He responded well and was one of a small handful of Flyers who put out consistent effort during the slump, to be sure.

Old
12-28-2009, 04:21 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Ask not how much Laviolette works them to death, ask what they do to make Laviolette work them to death.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 10:38 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
False.
whats false?

i like lavi thats my personal opinion and coaches have thier guys this is an obvious observation to any sports fan.

rod brindamour was minus 18 when lavi was fired
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/45/splits?year=2008

lavi on his system
http://www.hockeyfanzone.com/showthread.php?t=13708

asham calls him a players coach
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...9345&tagID=420

stevens bag skate
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/mobil...7160&tagID=601

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 10:41 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
He responded well and was one of a small handful of Flyers who put out consistent effort during the slump, to be sure.
CArcillo is great!

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 11:02 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
CArcillo is great!
He's about as far from "great" as an NHL player can get, but every game he whips out his pecker, slaps it on the dasher, and says "Whaddaya think of that?"

Those are good players to have.

Old
12-29-2009, 07:27 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
He's about as far from "great" as an NHL player can get, but every game he whips out his pecker, slaps it on the dasher, and says "Whaddaya think of that?"

Those are good players to have.
Depends on what your definition is of "great." Skill he may lack, but he consistently is in good position, plays a physical (Flyers) game, and is always willing to stand up for his team and teammates. I define that as great personally, and a needed part of this team. He just needs to watch the penalties (and suspensions) he takes.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote