HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

How hyped would you be for this event?

View Poll Results: How hyped?
Hyped through the roof 9 22.50%
Just as hyped as this years winter classic 10 25.00%
I'm not from north america, but I'd be hyped 2 5.00%
Not hyped at all 19 47.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-27-2009, 10:39 PM
bigtimehockeyfan

vCash: 500
How hyped would you be for this event?

2010 NHL winter classic, USA vs Canada exhibition in a 100,000 seater football stadium?

Instead of this years winter classic..

bigtimehockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 10:41 PM
xtr3m

As a replacement for the Allstars game? Maybe.

Otherwise NHL and NHL teams cannot really afford another meaningless game.

xtr3m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Shellz

I like Canada vs USA better

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 10:46 PM
chopkins
Superbowl Bound

I'd prefer West vs. East. The game would at least be close that way

chopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 10:50 PM
sillygoose

canada vrussia/sweden would be a lot more enjoyable imo. i don't see canada v US close, and i'm american.

sillygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:12 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
NHL v. KHL

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Mach 9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthVanCanuck View Post
I'd prefer West vs. East. The game would at least be close that way

here we go

Mach 9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:39 PM
FLYLine24*

Another crappy all-star game with the players playing no defense? No hitting? No emotion? Yawn...not at all...seriously why would anyone be "hyped" for that?

Give me a game that means something like the current winter classic.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:49 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimehockeyfan View Post
2010 NHL winter classic, USA vs Canada exhibition in a 100,000 seater football stadium?

Instead of this years winter classic..
Exhbition? Bleh.Canada vs USA? Mmmmm....don't think the USA is really the strongest competition here.

Canada vs Russia Olympic game outside, however would be amazing.

octopi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:49 PM
re5piration
'67 til

Leafs vs Habs at Olympic Stadium, now that would really be something.

re5piration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 11:50 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
Another crappy all-star game with the players playing no defense? No hitting? No emotion? Yawn...not at all...seriously why would anyone be "hyped" for that?

Give me a game that means something like the current winter classic.
Im not so sure about that, it could set the tone for the Olympics.

I think its a pretty good but completley unlikley idea... Plus we dont have a time machine.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 03:56 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leafinator View Post
Leafs vs Habs at Olympic Stadium, now that would really be something.
Even as a US citizen, I would much rather see this game than an exhibition game. I feel hockey is at it's best when the games actually mean something. The all-star games are usually very boring even though there is usually close to 20 goals scored, at least they are that way to me.

A US vs Canada game also would be a pretty one sided affair I would think.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:02 AM
STEVENS4

I don't know about you guys but I would be "hyped" if Canada played the States in an exhibition game. Watching all of the best players outside of the NHL would be a pretty decent game to watch, not unlike the AHL All-Star game... You do realize no NHL team would let any of their players play in a single exhibition match to determine nothing, don't you?

STEVENS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:05 AM
Derick*

Send a message via MSN to Derick*
They should make the Stanley Cup's game seven, on years where there is one of course, outside like this, in a different city every year, like the superbowl.

Derick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:36 AM
chopkins
Superbowl Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach 9 View Post

here we go
What? Oh wait, you're a homer from New York. Of course you're going to be insulted when I say a game between Canada and the USA wouldn't be close

Anybody sane would agree that a usual West vs. East allstar game would be closer than Canada vs. USA, the exact point that you're shaking your head at for whatever reason.

chopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:40 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derick View Post
They should make the Stanley Cup's game seven, on years where there is one of course, outside like this, in a different city every year, like the superbowl.
As if they would EXPECT a game 7? They would prepare gigantic rinks on the outside just so "maybe" there might be a game 7 for the cup outside?

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:42 AM
Derick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
As if they would EXPECT a game 7? They would prepare gigantic rinks on the outside just so "maybe" there might be a game 7 for the cup outside?
I thought of this as I was typing it. That's why it will never happen, but I'd love for it to.

Old
12-28-2009, 07:10 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

I do not care an ounce about the Winter Classic. It has nothing that interests me. As usual, the NHL screws over the West Coast.

I mean, honestly? How many people did they think are going to wake up at 10 AM after the biggest party night of the entire year to watch a game between two teams that have zero relevance to them? I would find time to watch if the game was at a half-decent time, but not surprisingly, many of us on the West Coast generally don't care for watching a 10 AM game between two teams that play their home games 2000-3000 miles away, all the while being hung over.

An international game would be so pointless. The players have nothing to play for. It would basically be an all-star game played outside. I definitely would not wake up at 10 AM to watch a completely meaningless game.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Derick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
I do not care an ounce about the Winter Classic. It has nothing that interests me. As usual, the NHL screws over the West Coast.

I mean, honestly? How many people did they think are going to wake up at 10 AM after the biggest party night of the entire year to watch a game between two teams that have zero relevance to them? I would find time to watch if the game was at a half-decent time, but not surprisingly, many of us on the West Coast generally don't care for watching a 10 AM game between two teams that play their home games 2000-3000 miles away, all the while being hung over.

An international game would be so pointless. The players have nothing to play for. It would basically be an all-star game played outside. I definitely would not wake up at 10 AM to watch a completely meaningless game.
I stay up until 1am every night watching the Sharks play

On the other hand, this wouldn't involved the Sharks... touche

Old
12-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Frozen Fiend
DOUBLE D

vCash: 50
Quote:

You know how many sleepless nights I have whenever Detroit plays a playoff series out west? (07 was killer - Clagary, San Jose, Anaheim)

It's a two way street bud.

Frozen Fiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:

you're avatar suits this post.

As for the Canada VS USA exhibition, I really don't care, not for exhibition anyways, if it was some international tournament where all games are outside, that would be cool, but highly unlikely to happen.

Things are fine as is in my opinion.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Quote:

The NHL wants the game over before the Rose Bowl/Sugar Bowl start because they don't want to compete against those games and get trounced (hell, the ratings for the Penn State-LSU Capitol One Bowl that's on at the same time are going to blow away the Winter Classic's).

There's no chance of them doing a game on the west coast or at a "west coast-friendly" time to put it up against a BCS game.

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote