HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2-3 years from now

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2009, 01:41 PM
  #1
howztheglass
Registered User
 
howztheglass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 727
vCash: 500
2-3 years from now

Looking at the glass half full instead of half empty.Lets take a look at how the NY Rangers could look in 2-3 years.

Grachev
Stepan
Kreider
Dubi
Cally
Werek
Weise
Arty
Bourque
Lisin
Byers

and of course--Gabby

Def

MDZ
Staal
Sangs
Gilroy
McDonagh
Kund
Heik
Sauer
Williams

Now this is not the order that I believe the players will be listed just a look into the future--I for one have to admit things could be looking very nice for us.

Some may be moved(and I might have left someone off the list) but hopefully Sather doesn't get greedy and thinks how good this team could look.

What does everyone think.

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:43 PM
  #2
HAPPY HOUR
Registered User
 
HAPPY HOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 500
Don't forget the goalie..

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:44 PM
  #3
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,622
vCash: 500
2 or 3 years from now we'll actually have a shot. That's what I'm excited about.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:45 PM
  #4
EmDeeZee4MVP
Registered User
 
EmDeeZee4MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Don't foreget the goalie..
Don't forget Kovalchuk


EmDeeZee4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:47 PM
  #5
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,095
vCash: 873
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
2 or 3 years from now we'll actually have a shot. That's what I'm excited about.
Not if Sather is still here.

I'd go so far as to say that we are not contenders if either Sather/Messier is running the team.

I'm also starting to seriously question whether Torts is the right guy as well.

And that is Glass-Half-Full thoughts for me.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:50 PM
  #6
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDeeZee4MVP View Post
Don't forget Kovalchuk

Well if not Kovalchuk we will have someone else of top line talent. You can pretty much count on that.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:54 PM
  #7
Rangers2319
Registered User
 
Rangers2319's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
2 or 3 years from now we'll actually have a shot. That's what I'm excited about.
or so you hope

Rangers2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:58 PM
  #8
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
What do I think?

The older posters remember threads like this touting Brendl, Hlavac, Lundmark, Auferio, Cherneski, Blackburn, etc.....

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 01:59 PM
  #9
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,083
vCash: 500
FOUR CENTERS: Step, Dubi, AA, Boyle.
Protection if someone busts: Werek.

FOUR LWs: Grachev, Kreider, Wiese, Byers.
Protection: Bourque, Dupont, Owens, Hagelin.

FOUR RWs: Gabby, Cally, Lisin, goon?
Protection: Parenteau, Kveton.

TOP 6 DEFENSEMEN: DZ, Staal, Sang, McD, Gilroy, Girardi.
Protection: Heineken, Sauer, Kundratek, Valentenko, Gaulton.

GOALTENDING: Lundqvist, Johnson

At F, it looks like we have the most LWs, and the fewest centers, but we are most solid at C and least proven at LW. All things being equal, Slats should go for LW or at least a RW in the first two rounds next June.

In both cases, they should be high risk, high return guys like Kreider. In later rounds, we should go for guys like Bourque. Hopefully at least one of the 4-5 of those types of players pans out and becomes a good top-6 forward.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:02 PM
  #10
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,860
vCash: 500
Your 2011-2012 New York Rangers:

Hall Dubinsky Gaborik
Kovalchuk Anisimov Grachev
Kreider Stepan Callahan
???? Drury ????



Staal McDonough
Del Zotto Girardi
Gilroy Williams/ Kundratek


Yes if I had any control over anything I would pack in this season in hopes of landing Hall or Seguin which will really upgrade the talent on this team.
Cross my fingers Kovalchuk hits the FA market and we land him. This team would actually go places.
BTW this team will never be. With Ranger luck we will not land Hall or Seguin, Grachev will be a bust, Kreider never sees the NHL and Kovalchuk stays in Atlanta. Yes I know I'm being a debbie downer but nothing ever seems to positively work out for this organization.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:32 PM
  #11
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
FOUR CENTERS: Step, Dubi, AA, Boyle.
Protection if someone busts: Werek.

FOUR LWs: Grachev, Kreider, Wiese, Byers.
Protection: Bourque, Dupont, Owens, Hagelin.

FOUR RWs: Gabby, Cally, Lisin, goon?
Protection: Parenteau, Kveton.

TOP 6 DEFENSEMEN: DZ, Staal, Sang, McD, Gilroy, Girardi.
Protection: Heineken, Sauer, Kundratek, Valentenko, Gaulton.

GOALTENDING: Lundqvist, Johnson

At F, it looks like we have the most LWs, and the fewest centers, but we are most solid at C and least proven at LW. All things being equal, Slats should go for LW or at least a RW in the first two rounds next June.

In both cases, they should be high risk, high return guys like Kreider. In later rounds, we should go for guys like Bourque. Hopefully at least one of the 4-5 of those types of players pans out and becomes a good top-6 forward.
Ryan and Werek are not going to be ready in 3 years. Those guys are more like 4-5 years away. Unless our current players like Dubi and Cally really make leaps and bounds, a team full of rookies and some suspect players will not be what I call an ideal playoff team. We'll need some big UFA dumps (Redden and Drury) replaced with some great UFA signings (Kovy, ???) and the D is gonna need some serious growth. There is a great deal to look forward to but it's not a set in stone we will rock you team.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:35 PM
  #12
msv957
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
Looking at the glass half full instead of half empty.Lets take a look at how the NY Rangers could look in 2-3 years.

Grachev
Stepan
Kreider
Dubi
Cally
Werek
Weise
Arty
Bourque
Lisin
Byers

and of course--Gabby

Def

MDZ
Staal
Sangs
Gilroy
McDonagh
Kund
Heik
Sauer
Williams

Now this is not the order that I believe the players will be listed just a look into the future--I for one have to admit things could be looking very nice for us.

Some may be moved(and I might have left someone off the list) but hopefully Sather doesn't get greedy and thinks how good this team could look.

What does everyone think.
Some of the players listed are just prospects... Who knows if they will be quality NHL players..

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:38 PM
  #13
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 18,933
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I'd love to see "2-3 years from now" posts from 2006.

I guess we can, actually.. but I'm too lazy.

Point is, who knows what could happen.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:50 PM
  #14
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Ryan and Werek are not going to be ready in 3 years. Those guys are more like 4-5 years away. Unless our current players like Dubi and Cally really make leaps and bounds, a team full of rookies and some suspect players will not be what I call an ideal playoff team. We'll need some big UFA dumps (Redden and Drury) replaced with some great UFA signings (Kovy, ???) and the D is gonna need some serious growth. There is a great deal to look forward to but it's not a set in stone we will rock you team.
I wasn't really thinking 3 years in advance, but more like 5 years.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:56 PM
  #15
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
I'd love to see "2-3 years from now" posts from 2006.

I guess we can, actually.. but I'm too lazy.

Point is, who knows what could happen.
The newbies just don't get it yet

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 02:57 PM
  #16
howztheglass
Registered User
 
howztheglass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
What do I think?

The older posters remember threads like this touting Brendl, Hlavac, Lundmark, Auferio, Cherneski, Blackburn, etc.....
Wow a blast from the past.

Still I like the names on our current list then yours but I see your point.

Brendl,Lundmark they were suppose to be something special didn't pan out that way.

Come to think of it most of our 1st picks didn't pan out---could that be why were in the state we're today.

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 03:05 PM
  #17
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
Wow a blast from the past.

Still I like the names on our current list then yours but I see your point.

Brendl,Lundmark they were suppose to be something special didn't pan out that way.

Come to think of it most of our 1st picks didn't pan out---could that be why were in the state we're today.
Yeah, those names are pretty bad in hindsight, and I don't think our current crop of youngsters are not even near as bad...but ya never know until ya know

This is HF so I guess we all can dream...I mean...speculate

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 03:06 PM
  #18
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
What do I think?

The older posters remember threads like this touting Brendl, Hlavac, Lundmark, Auferio, Cherneski, Blackburn, etc.....
Older posters also remember the touting of Leetch, Richter, Zubov, Weight, Amonte, etc.

It could go either way, but you make projections based on the info you have today.

It doesn't mean that you guarantee a certain lineup, just as a way to see where we are looking strong and weak right now. For ex., it was smart to draft offensive LWs like Kreider and Bourque last summer over yet another offensive defensemen precisely because we had so many guys already in the system: DZ, Sang, Gilroy, etc.

Is it possible that Dale Weise will turn out better than either DZ, Sang or Gilroy? I guess. (It was more possible last June than now.) But you don't make decisions based on a bunch of top prospects tanking and a mid-range prospect suddenly turning into Luc Robitaille.


Last edited by Beacon: 12-28-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 03:15 PM
  #19
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Older posters also remember the touting of Leetch, Richter, Zubov, Weight, Amonte, etc.

It could go either way, but you make projections based on the info you have today.

It doesn't mean that you guarantee a certain lineup, just as a way to see where we are looking strong and weak right now.
Actually, no, the internet really wasn't much then

Even then Ranger fans were cautiously optimistic, especially after the 80's, that was a brutal decade for getting youth in the lineup....until Leetch got here.

Our prospect depth at certain positions is one thing, but projecting almost a full lineup of homegrown talent is pure fantasy.

Have fun with it, but nothing written in stone.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 03:23 PM
  #20
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,862
vCash: 500
I'll believe it all when i see it all.

Theres going to be movement in the GM seat (i hope, to a certain extent) during the next 2 or 3 years. Who knows what this team and its prospect pool will turn out to be.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 03:32 PM
  #21
chip chipperson*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,033
vCash: 500
still a borderline playoff team

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:06 PM
  #22
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue
 
N9Y4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Gold Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
Looking at the glass half full instead of half empty.Lets take a look at how the NY Rangers could look in 2-3 years.

Grachev
Stepan
Kreider
Dubi
Cally
Werek
Weise
Arty
Bourque
Lisin
Byers

and of course--Gabby

Def

MDZ
Staal
Sangs
Gilroy
McDonagh
Kund
Heik
Sauer
Williams

Now this is not the order that I believe the players will be listed just a look into the future--I for one have to admit things could be looking very nice for us.

Some may be moved(and I might have left someone off the list) but hopefully Sather doesn't get greedy and thinks how good this team could look.

What does everyone think.
I see a handful of guys we know we can build around and be excited about, and a ****load of guys that are solid/good prospects with lots of ?????????

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:08 PM
  #23
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?
 
McDonaghisGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,932
vCash: 500
This team will be exactly what it is now...mediocre.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:11 PM
  #24
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I'll believe it all when i see it all.

Theres going to be movement in the GM seat (i hope, to a certain extent) during the next 2 or 3 years. Who knows what this team and its prospect pool will turn out to be.

Yeah "hope" is the key word here.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:12 PM
  #25
The Mouth
Registered User
 
The Mouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
I am on record as saying that the Rangers 2-3 yrs will be an Eastern Conference force. Something like the caps are now, but not quite a shoe in to make the finals.

If Sather is gone it puts us on even a faster track. Unless he is replaced by Messier, which I'm totally against.

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.