HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Brooks: Prospal out 10 days to 3 Weeks (Knee Scope)

Old
12-28-2009, 03:53 PM
dedalus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
Good... this team had too much talent as it was.
For effective Comedic Use of Irony, the award goes to ...

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

ugh...this sucks.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Most likely it'll be one of Avery or Higgins. Callahan has looked good playing with Drury.
Callahan has looked good despite playing with Drury.

I'd put Avery on the top line. Will probably be him or Higgins.

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Well Hank can't let in more than one goal a game now if we wanna keep getting points. The more time passes the more you get the feeling how poor of a constructed roster this really is.

Anyhow I hope Lisin gets moved up a bit, the kid has been flying the last few games.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:26 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
VP out is not good. Although most of his points are off of Gabby's finishes, He's still been a big part of the offense and a seemed to be a solid leader on the team. Definitely time for some other guys to start getting it done, as if it hasn't been already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Would be nice if it was Higgins.
I'd add Cap'n Clutch to the top of the list. I'll give him credit for his recent play, since Redden was scratched, but it needs to continue.

Be nice if Avery could get on one of his little hot streaks to weaken the pain too.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:31 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Well Hank can't let in more than one goal a game now if we wanna keep getting points. The more time passes the more you get the feeling how poor of a constructed roster this really is.

Anyhow I hope Lisin gets moved up a bit, the kid has been flying the last few games.
What are you talking about, we're cup contenders!

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
I think a trade needs to be made at this point. We have a weak ass top six and it just got even weaker hard to fill the void with bottom six guys and have success. Not sure what moves could be made but something has to give, this team can't take this in stride IMHO.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
What are you talking about, we're cup contenders!
No no, that was before the loss to the Islanders.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:35 PM
FLYLine24*

Bring back the Tank avatars!

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:47 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Nice. Good on the 'Yotes. Has Mueller been playing any better?
OK, not great. Not to his level of two years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Maybe Gretzky wasn't the moron GM that so many here told me he was.
Gretzky was a lousy coach. Maloney is a good GM -- much like Sather. Not a great drafter but a good trader and manipulator.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
Callahan has looked good despite playing with Drury.

I'd put Avery on the top line. Will probably be him or Higgins.
Drury has been playing really well lately.

I hope it didnt ruin your Christmas.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 05:55 PM
92hatchattack

What the hell is a knee scope?

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 05:58 PM
94now

Not to panic, but Bure never came back after "knee scope" which is Laproscopic Meniscus Tear surgery. Meniscus tear is not a minor injury, like someone suggested here.
Vinny could be back in two weeks, but he'll be wearing a brace for some time. All in all we lost our second offensive forward for quite some time.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 06:06 PM
NYR Lunchbox

i wonder if some1 wears the other A temporarily and if so who

NYR Lunchbox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Lunchbox View Post
i wonder if some1 wears the other A temporarily and if so who
thats a good point...Staal maybe?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 06:15 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootthepuckfool View Post
Maybe Slats can bring Mueller here finally and rescue him from Phoenix where they try to win games 1-0 each night. So far they have pulled off that miracle. It won't last.

What are you talking about? Yotes have only scored 2 goals less than us (1 game more). They are +16 in GD, we are -1. They are 11 games over .500, we are 2 games over .500. I cant believe you are knocking Coyotes.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 06:21 PM
darko

Paps should get a shot, please no Grachev, he is nowhere near ready. Time for guys like Lisin and Christensen to step up, time for Higgins to start scoring.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 06:25 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
I think a trade needs to be made at this point. We have a weak ass top six and it just got even weaker hard to fill the void with bottom six guys and have success. Not sure what moves could be made but something has to give, this team can't take this in stride IMHO.
What exactly would you propose? I'm not opposed to trades, but all too often the rush to "fix" the team has negative ramifications for both the current season, and more importantly, the future. Would it really be the end of the world if we were to stand pat. Why is it so hard to admit that this isn't our year?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 06:29 PM
gluvhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Not to panic, but Bure never came back after "knee scope" which is Laproscopic Meniscus Tear surgery. Meniscus tear is not a minor injury, like someone suggested here.
Vinny could be back in two weeks, but he'll be wearing a brace for some time. All in all we lost our second offensive forward for quite some time.
Bure didn't come back after more than a few knee operations. It's not like he had one scoping and was done. I'm not minimizing Prospal's situation but the situations/circumstances aren't really similar.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 06:33 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
"Knee scope" just means arthroscopic surgery performed on the knee. It can be used to treat/diagnose a number of different things, not just a meniscus tear.

Bure did have arthroscopic surgery twice when he was with us, but he had also had major reconstructive surgery on his knee twice in his career to that point. So his knees were in bad shape well before we got him and scoped him. I don't know anything about Vinny's injury history, or whether he has had previous issues with the knee.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
What exactly would you propose? I'm not opposed to trades, but all too often the rush to "fix" the team has negative ramifications for both the current season, and more importantly, the future. Would it really be the end of the world if we were to stand pat. Why is it so hard to admit that this isn't our year?
First off I am probably one of the most pessimistic posters on this board... I fully understand that this is NOT the Rangers year however, if this team wants to keep it's head above water I think a move needs to be made.

At least get rid of some of the redundant pieces we have for a possible top six player, Mueller for example.

Old
12-28-2009, 06:47 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
"Knee scope" just means arthroscopic surgery performed on the knee. It can be used to treat/diagnose a number of different things, not just a meniscus tear.
Exactly. It's surgery and that's the bottom line. This is not a medical forum, it's Hockey Board. Thus, it implies that the team will be seriously weakened for quite some time. Can we handle it (i.e. hope that replacement will come from within)? I do not think so. We need to trade some prospects to get a proven performer to possibly stay afloat or call it a season. Can we do former? Not really. Then we have to give up or hope for some miracle.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 06:51 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure By Design View Post
First off I am probably one of the most pessimistic posters on this board... I fully understand that this is NOT the Rangers year however, if this team wants to keep it's head above water I think a move needs to be made.

At least get rid of some of the redundant pieces we have for a possible top six player, Mueller for example.
Fair enough. I'm all for dealing some extraneous pieces for a young player with skill and upside. The question is will they want guys like Higgins/Lisin/Voros? Can't hurt to ask.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
You're blowing this way out of proportion, and don't seem to have any clue what you're talking about. Laparoscopic refers to endoscopy around the abdomen, not the knee.

Knee arthroscopy, is minimally invasive surgery done on the joints. As opposed to traditional surgery where the joint, in this case his knee, would have to be opened up just to determine the extent of the damage. Arthroscopy causes much less trauma to the joint, and thus reduces recovery time.

They're trying to determine what's wrong with his knee, not fix an existing condition. It could be any number of things at this point, or it could just be extensive inflammation. The point is to figure out the cause.

Bure had chronic knee problems and had major reconstructive surgery as well. The two situations are not similar at all.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Fair enough. I'm all for dealing some extraneous pieces for a young player with skill and upside. The question is will they want guys like Higgins/Lisin/Voros? Can't hurt to ask.
Depends on the team's stand point on said younger player with skill. Using Mueller as an example PHX is starting to give up on him, therefore they may be interested in a guy like Higgins in exchange.

Higgins is a serviceable player who could help a team like Phoenix, Mueller is a project.

I agree with you on the point of not trading just for the sake of a trade.