HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WJCs: Jan 5: FINAL: Canada vs USA @ 7 PM CST

Old
12-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Cheli

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheli View Post
TSN has full games in their video archive, it might only be for Canadians though:
http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=4124
Out of curiosity, did anyone outside of Canada get this to work? I know they've made it Canada-only in the past but didn't see anything to indicate it this year.

Also, updated OP with info on tomorrow's game. For the Swiss I'll be watching Luca Sbisa since he's already got the NHL experience.

My feeling is that Allen won't be in net, but I doubt they'll release anything official. I'll keep my eyes open though.

Last edited by Cheli: 12-27-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Cheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 07:09 PM
St.Louis sports fan

I was able to see Sweden's first 2 games. I have no idea what Jarmo and the other scouts saw in Rundblad as a high first round pick. His only worth to a team is with the puck. He is not very good defensively, and Sweden put him infront of the net on the powerplay and he literally just stood there. He never tried to deflect a shot or anything. He just seems to float around the ice doing nothing. After watching the US team play, im impressed with Chris Kreider, who went 2 spots after Rundblad. He's got so much speed and plays alot like Ryan Kessler. I know they were probably trying to go for a homerun pick, but I'm not counting on Rundblad ever being anything more than a depth guy at the best. Warsofsky plays alot like a poor man's Steve Duchesne. He relies alot defensively on his active stick as hes not very big. He created the USA's 3rd goal with a great burst of speed up the left side. He moves the puck pretty well, but hasnt been able to get his shot through to the net much from the point. Philip McRae has played mostly on the 3rd or 4th line and 2nd pk an pp units. Hes got patience with the puck and seems to have good vision and ability to shield the puck. He's going to need some time to develop.

St.Louis sports fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan View Post
I was able to see Sweden's first 2 games. I have no idea what Jarmo and the other scouts saw in Rundblad as a high first round pick. His only worth to a team is with the puck. He is not very good defensively, and Sweden put him infront of the net on the powerplay and he literally just stood there. He never tried to deflect a shot or anything. He just seems to float around the ice doing nothing. After watching the US team play, im impressed with Chris Kreider, who went 2 spots after Rundblad. He's got so much speed and plays alot like Ryan Kessler. I know they were probably trying to go for a homerun pick, but I'm not counting on Rundblad ever being anything more than a depth guy at the best. Warsofsky plays alot like a poor man's Steve Duchesne. He relies alot defensively on his active stick as hes not very big. He created the USA's 3rd goal with a great burst of speed up the left side. He moves the puck pretty well, but hasnt been able to get his shot through to the net much from the point. Philip McRae has played mostly on the 3rd or 4th line and 2nd pk an pp units. Hes got patience with the puck and seems to have good vision and ability to shield the puck. He's going to need some time to develop.
Definitely! And yet there are several St. Louis Blues' forum posters penciling him into The Blues' NHL roster for next season. He likely won't even be on the top line in Peoria next season.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Cheli

Updated stream link. Sounds like Jones will be in net, so tune in to watch Pietro.

Old
12-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Cheli

Oops. They just said in the TSN pre-game that Allen is in net, I guess they will play Jones in the second game of the back-to-back?

Old
12-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Pietrangelo with a beautiful snipe there.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:23 PM
kfox9611

Petro with a beautyyyy!

kfox9611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Who got assists on that goal? I seen Pie had it but I think he just missed out on the secondary assist.

Old
12-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

I'm getting tired of hearing about Ryan Ellis.

Old
12-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Cheli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
I'm getting tired of hearing about Ryan Ellis.
The legend of Ryan Ellis

Pierre has a huge mancrush on him and, this year, Brandon McMillan.

Pietro has 3 points (2 assists last game, 1 goal this game).

Allen has stopped 25 shots in these 2 games. Obviously not tested much but he's made a few big ones.

Old
12-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheli View Post
The legend of Ryan Ellis

Pierre has a huge mancrush on him and, this year, Brandon McMillan.

Pietro has 3 points (2 assists last game, 1 goal this game).

Allen has stopped 25 shots in these 2 games. Obviously not tested much but he's made a few big ones.

He got four assists last game, which brings his total to 5 points.

Old
12-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Cheli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshniak View Post
He got four assists last game, which brings his total to 5 points.
Ahh, good catch. For some reason the boxscore on the Hockey Canada site only shows 2 assists, but the IIHF one correctly shows 4.

Anyway, first post updated with the 29th's games. USA, Sweden, and Canada all playing so several junior Blues involved. Not sure if there will be an online stream for the USA game, might want to check the GDT in the WJC forum (it's the first one on the boards right now) if you're interested in that game.

Old
12-29-2009, 10:45 AM
ClydeGuy

Pietro looked awesome last night. You guys are blessed with a plethora of good young D-man! When you see how confident with the puck he is, it amazes me that he hasn't played more games for you guys this year. Someone enlighten me, is this a contract issue?

ClydeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 11:45 AM
jmwc95

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeGuy View Post
Pietro looked awesome last night. You guys are blessed with a plethora of good young D-man! When you see how confident with the puck he is, it amazes me that he hasn't played more games for you guys this year. Someone enlighten me, is this a contract issue?
It's an Andy Murray issue. Plus, if we don't play him any more this season, he becomes a UFA at age 27 instead of age 26.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 11:59 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeGuy View Post
He's played 9 games and one more commits him for a full year against his player rights.

His play has been up and down, but I felt he was definitely contributing offensively when he was in there. Physically and positionally, the defensive side of his game needs a lot of work, but he's far beyond where he was last season. Myself, I thought he was good enough to be playing, but the Blues have a lot of guys on D and seems the front office isn't quite sold on him yet.

The ideal place for him would be the AHL, but his age won't allow it (would have to go to the OHL for one more season, and on a struggling team) so there hasn't been a good option for where to send him.

Looks most likely he'll be traded to a strong OHL team and end up back there after the WJC.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 03:20 PM
St.Louis sports fan

On the Tsn broadcast of one of the Canadian games, they commented that Pietrangelo was asked about the possibility of his rights being traded to an OHL contender and he said "No, I dont want to be traded, Niagra is my team". For whatever that's worth I dont know.

St.Louis sports fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 04:08 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
On the Tsn broadcast of one of the Canadian games, they commented that Pietrangelo was asked about the possibility of his rights being traded to an OHL contender and he said "No, I dont want to be traded, Niagra is my team". For whatever that's worth I dont know.
What else is a guy going to say?

The pressure to trade isn't from him, its from the Blues who seem to feel he'll develop better (maybe its the coaching, and the "being on a competitor" is just an excuse for public consumption) on a different team.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
He could be fed up with the Blues and not like that they want him traded. Although that is highly speculative and I don't really believe Petro would be a guy to do something like that.

He could also feel like there is unfinished business there.

Like 2MM said, what else would he say?

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 08:22 PM
kfox9611

Petro with a another Goal!!

Old
12-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox9611 View Post
Petro with a another Goal!!
it was a beauty too!

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Robb_K

Pietrangelo has looked very poised and confident in the tournament, so far. He's played excellently on offence so far, and pretty well on defence. He's even made a few nice hits.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:44 PM
kfox9611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Pietrangelo has looked very poised and confident in the tournament, so far. He's played excellently on offence so far, and pretty well on defence. He's even made a few nice hits.
1 goal and 2 assists through 2 periods... he's the floater on the PP, making amazing breakout passes, isnt rushing things out there... and he made a huge hit to start the game, he got called for charging but if that was in the NHL it wouldnt have been called.

And for those keeping track... Jake Allen doesn't play.. Canada's shut out streak over

Old
12-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Frenzy1

McRae looked quite a bit better last night and had two primary assists on Kristo's goals in the 1st period. He was a lot more active then the first two games and got time on the 2nd pp. This is his 1st shot at real big time international competition so the slow start is to be expected as he gets used to the game speed and style (less physical then CHL).

Also, just finished watching the SWE Russian game and for all the complaints about Runblad - he looked fine. I don't know quite what everyone else is looking at, but he is wearing and A and on the top d pairing. He has had a nice hit on Petrov and made a couple big d plays to breakup o chances. He is making simple plays in his own zone and moving the puck up well. He had a couple of good chances on the PP playing down low.

Last edited by Frenzy1: 12-30-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 12:33 PM
concept*

US vs. Latvia was an awesome game to watch. It was like watching me play NHL10 against the Rookie level. US was flying, while Latvia had no idea what was going on. Incredible passes and plays. I loved it.

concept* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by concept View Post
US vs. Latvia was an awesome game to watch. It was like watching me play NHL10 against the Rookie level. US was flying, while Latvia had no idea what was going on. Incredible passes and plays. I loved it.
I thought (and others too) the passing was terribly sloppy in a game versus such an inferior team. Lots of passes were incredibly soft. That kind of play will get US hammered by Canada.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote