HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs beat by Ottawa Angels

Old
12-29-2009, 01:14 AM
Carey Chant

vCash: 500
What a game. Loved the GioPooMez line. Refs were beyond garbage this game. Giving all the Powerplays one way and waving a good goal. If it wasn't for some amazing saves by the sens goalie early on this would have been a blow out. Not to mention the game winning goal looked like it was a high stick.

Ah well, I liked how they came out, I'm sure with Hammer back there and a few games to build some chemistry and getting legs from the injured players will really get this squad going.

I'm up for Subban coming up, I think he deserves some games up at least for experience. I think management knows if they bring him up he won't go back.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 01:40 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincecarder View Post
What a game. Loved the GioPooMez line. Refs were beyond garbage this game. Giving all the Powerplays one way and waving a good goal. If it wasn't for some amazing saves by the sens goalie early on this would have been a blow out. Not to mention the game winning goal looked like it was a high stick.

Ah well, I liked how they came out, I'm sure with Hammer back there and a few games to build some chemistry and getting legs from the injured players will really get this squad going.

I'm up for Subban coming up, I think he deserves some games up at least for experience. I think management knows if they bring him up he won't go back.
Absolutely no reason for Subban to be called up. He isn't ahead of any player we currently have defensively and Hammer should play either Wednesday or Thursday.
Subban might have been helpful on PP, but we're 1st in the NHL so we don't need any help there.

Subban will get his shot next year or the one after.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 02:36 AM
JayBee*

This team can't hold a lead to save their lives. The refs take away a legit goal from the Sens and the Habs still can't pull out a victory. The reffing was **** on both sides. It's just hard to believe that Ottawa didn't commit one single penalty.

Leclaire stole that game, he should be charged.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 04:39 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

I don't think there's too much reason to get worked up. Had plenty of shots and chances, but Leclaire played well. Or perhaps I should say that the Habs forwards certainly made it look that way. Halak was solid enough (perhaps "lost" the goaltending battle tonight), but the Habs weren't as strong in the slot. 3-2 (4 with the EN goal) isn't a bad hiccup in the middle of a long road trip.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 05:32 AM
LesHabsRock

While most are saying the road trip is already a success, I agree. However...Since they began the road trip 4-0 I would be disappointed with a 4-3 record to close out the road trip. In other words, ending it on a 3 game losing streak would be disastrous. I fully expected them to beat this battered Ottawa bunch. I have a feeling the Tampa and Florida games will be very tough. Splitting them wouldn't be bad, but losing both would be unacceptable. Tonight was a great opportunity to leapfrog Ottawa in the standings and put daylight between us and the teams below. Habs are now 3 points back of Ottawa and Ottawa has games in hand. Most teams have games in hand on the Habs including the teams below them. Fortunately, most of those teams are playing like crap and there is a log-jam of teams within a point or two of catching the Habs.

Here's hoping for a sweep in Florida. They need both games. I want this road trip ended with either a 6-1 record or 5-2. No less.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 08:00 AM
ReVeuF

Refs know we have the 1st PP in the league, no-calls prevent us to win games... Blame Bettman conspiracy !!!

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Jiggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
This team can't hold a lead to save their lives. The refs take away a legit goal from the Sens and the Habs still can't pull out a victory. The reffing was **** on both sides. It's just hard to believe that Ottawa didn't commit one single penalty.
The non-goal was the correct call.

From the NHL Rulebook, Rule 69.3.

"If an attacking player establishes a significant position within the goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeeper’s vision and impair his ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed."

The more you know.

Jiggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:02 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Leclaire is one hell of a goalie he stole yesterday's game

good to have gointa back on the second line. Pouliot scored a nice one welcome to montreal!

Price is gonna start next game I suppose?

or is he???

*dramatic hamster look*

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Craig71

If Gionta buries 1-2 of his 8 chances we would be happy with how our team played and got a well deserved win, Gomez not realizing a sniper was skating behind him,sergei's goal post, all factors in the loss, I was happy with the effort, if we play like this from now on and stay healthy, we will be fun to watch.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:11 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

I have to admit both our first lines are very entertaining to watch.

The first line has the undeniable skills and chemistry between them.

Now the second have a very interesting addition to the equation. I think Pouliot is gonna give Gionta and Gomez the physicality they were missing on their line.

Gionta is such a beast this guy loves to shoot the puck whenever he gets the chance no matter where he is...

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:22 AM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
If Gionta buries 1-2 of his 8 chances we would be happy with how our team played and got a well deserved win, Gomez not realizing a sniper was skating behind him,sergei's goal post, all factors in the loss, I was happy with the effort, if we play like this from now on and stay healthy, we will be fun to watch.
too bad most of that happened the first period and some in the 2nd...minus the post by sk, the 2nd half was downright dreadful...this team at best gives a 20-30 minute effort...if that.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 09:57 AM
la25ecoupe

Did Sens get any post?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
too bad most of that happened the first period and some in the 2nd...minus the post by sk, the 2nd half was downright dreadful...this team at best gives a 20-30 minute effort...if that.
I think they got demoralized/frustrated by leclaire robbing them so much, it happens in hockey. Then that Bergeron snafu was a real back breaker too.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I don't think there's too much reason to get worked up. Had plenty of shots and chances, but Leclaire played well. Or perhaps I should say that the Habs forwards certainly made it look that way. Halak was solid enough (perhaps "lost" the goaltending battle tonight), but the Habs weren't as strong in the slot. 3-2 (4 with the EN goal) isn't a bad hiccup in the middle of a long road trip.
Except that the reasons for the Habs problems - manifested in a poor PK/PP differential - but caused by a lack of foot speed and physical strength, continues.

Yes, we can say that **** happens, but it's the same **** that's happening game after game, and it doesn't appear correctable with current personnel.

What you say is true, a loss in the middle of a road trip is understandable, but given the way they've played on the trip(Halak and a prayer), and the fact that the Sens were injury ravaged , vulnerable, and down early in the game, it is hard to accept such a result.

I think we need to switch gears in our discussion of this team, it's not hot goaltenders and sodomizing officiating that is doing the team in. The team is doing itself in with it's mediocrity.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Habblues

Help,Blood Pressure Rising !

I don`t think i can survive the remainder of the season without suffering some type of medical condition. My blood pressure continues to rise with each habs game that i watch. The same darn thing happens EVERY game. The habs have control of the game and then they just give their opposition the momentum by taking 4 and 5 penalities in a row .You can see their energy being depleted with each penality.They make it way too easy for other teams to steal games and valuable points...Last year it was the same situation but most of those guys are gone this year.

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 10:40 AM
ScottFC

So the verdict still stands.. Plekanec can not produce while Kovalev is on the ice

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 10:45 AM
macavoy

The final score should really be put in the title or OP for those that missed the game imo.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 11:07 AM
xduckiex

An intresting tidbit from HabsInsideOut's twitter:

AK46 scored No. 19,000 in Habs NHL history, scored No. 19,999 Saturday and assisted tonight on No. 20,000

xduckiex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Rickkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Refs know we have the 1st PP in the league, no-calls prevent us to win games... Blame Bettman conspiracy !!!
I would say that this is fact. Time to launch a criminal investigation.

Rickkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 12:21 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
The second half was dreadful due to 4 penalties in a row that just broke the Habs Rythym and by the same token, gave Ott some legs. Despite the PP's or lack there of, Habs should have won that game easily. Having Mara and Hammer back on D should help a lot. MAB and Obyrne are dreadful in their own zone, especially Obyrne who keeps losing one on one battles. Areas which Mara and Hammer excel.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
I would say that this is fact. Time to launch a criminal investigation.
Horacio was just waiting for you to call him

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 12:24 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Absolutely no reason for Subban to be called up. He isn't ahead of any player we currently have defensively and Hammer should play either Wednesday or Thursday.
Subban might have been helpful on PP, but we're 1st in the NHL so we don't need any help there.

Subban will get his shot next year or the one after.
Subban would greatly help our transition game. I cant wait to see him pair with Markov and see them play 25-30 mins a game in a near future.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 12:27 PM
obsenssive*

Send a message via MSN to obsenssive*
The Refs this year are garbage, we've gone 4 game without a penalty so I know how you guys feel. There were some clear penalties we took. A long with some you guys took that weren't called etc. Fraser is a joke.

obsenssive* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 12:31 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor 54 View Post
The Refs this year are garbage, we've gone 4 game without a penalty so I know how you guys feel. There were some clear penalties we took. A long with some you guys took that weren't called etc. Fraser is a joke.
lollll yea but we are getting used to it
fortunately you won even with the cancelled goal... you deserved it

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Varlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor 54 View Post
3 games and its not like you took a bunch of penalties in those games. habs had 5 in this one game, ottawa had 7 in those 3.

Varlan is offline   Reply With Quote