Closed Thread

Old
12-28-2009, 08:41 PM
Aaronxxx

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetNoneIn View Post
horrible whistle
seriously, the puck was in plain view. phantom whistle from awful officials all night

Old
12-28-2009, 08:41 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Peverley is not producing much but i can't really blame him when his linemate is Armstrong or Kozlov. Why this hasn't been dealt with is baffling.

Kane-Peverley-Little is the way to go.
Kozlov-White-Armsrong.

I'm so confused??? I've never been this confused before as a fan of any team. I even understand the show LOST more than i do John Anderson.

LOLOLOL at the blaming of refs and whistles .... Keep believing its not the coaches fault and i'll keep laughing as we become a basement team.

TBC...

Last edited by John Cena*: 12-28-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old
12-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Capa*

Wow, we would have been going to Overtime if it wasnt for that horrible whistle at the end....

Can anyone believe that Hedberg ISNT the backup for team Sweden?!?! Once again he continues to shock me with another impressive game....Defense is needed

Old
12-28-2009, 09:27 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Held them under 30 shots, took just as many shots as they did, played a solid game, lost by 1 goal to the greatest goaltender of all time and the #1 team in the eastern conference right now. Nope. Can't blame anyone for this one (not even the coach ASF ). It's just one of those games.

Old
12-28-2009, 10:33 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Actually, watching as just a "fan of hockey" tonight wasn't that bad a game. Problem is that we have to go back to playing PERFECT games to win. The goalies were hot and stealing games early this season. They made up for mistakes. Now, any mistake winds up in the net.

Big teams or teams with grit can afford lapses because eventually, someone is going to lay someone out or, they will keep smaller guys like ours tied up and out of the crease.

Antropov is a plus player because when he's on the ice, he's getting on bodies and the other team can't move him. Kubina gets dirty in his end, too.

Afinogenov, I love because he digs after everything. His bad turnovers don't overshadow the fact that he is constantly trying to get to the play, unlike others that glide around because they don't want or can't handle the contact (see bottom of the +/-). Kovy actually played with his linemates and showed what can happen if everyone could grind on the boards.

Look at the bottom of the plus/minus list of our players...Kozlov, White, Hainsey, Little...each of them either lack the muscle or the desire to get in and get dirty. Even Bogosian has been reluctant to hit for some reason. Early in the year he was hitting and we were getting the pucks and was a plus player. Not anymore.

It's not a question of lack of desire or plans or anything other than the fact that Waddell must bring in bigger players. His idea of "skill" guys like the Miko Krapenens and Todd Whites of the world is stupid without bangers to open the ice. Even our goalies look so much smaller than other guys in the NHL.

We lose by 1 each night because the other team lays back to protect a lead like using a "prevent defense" in football. They lay off the heavy forecheck and then our skill guys can take advantage with the bit more room in the neutral zone. But when the opponent wants to press, we have no answer.

Watch the Islander game this weekend, they will line up 4 on their blueline and dare us to beat them on the dump and chase. Won't happen cuz we can't win the battles.

And I only mentioned #6 ONE TIME in reference to his poor plus/minus.

Last edited by ThrasherMinion: 12-28-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old
12-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I actually enjoyed reading your post tonight Chucky.

I also agree with a fair amount of your points. Antro is a big guy and he uses the body he was given for what needs to be done. Same said for Kubina.

That's one of the reasons their +/- is so good compared to the other guys who are less physical. But I don't see this franchise making any roster moves at this point seeing how they were playing earlier this year.

I would however like to see the old D-pairings the way they were. Kubina-Hainsey was a very strong tandem together and when paired were our best combo. And Bogo-Enstrom really compliment each other well which I don't believe Hainsey and Bogo do. I'd also rather have Salmela in on the 3rd pairing however, Bobo while big and does create a presence, he is also young and shows it quite often on the ice.

Regardless of what I think JA is still going to play Bobo because he's a big guy and throws his weight around. So I don't see that one changing anytime soon.

I wholeheartedly agree with your points on Finny. I said it earlier he was slowly becoming my favorite Thrasher. He does make the occasional turnover, but he more than makes up for it with the up ice rushes he creates and his back checking has also greatly improved from the time I saw him back in Buffalo. The guy just works his ass off every shift and gives his all.

IMO I do think we played a pretty decent game, Moose came up with some timely saves and gave us the chance to take it. However we ran into the greatest goaltender in history and a #1 Devils squad. We kept them to a very respectable shot total and Kovy and the rest seemed really into it tonight. Here's to hoping this trend continues and the losing trend ends.

Old
12-28-2009, 11:17 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

The pairing of Bogo and Hainsey is horrible and was even backed up by comments to that effect by Darren Elliot. I'd like to see Enstrom - Bogo but only if Bogosian is going to go back to being physical again.

I'd actually like to see Kubina-Hainsey, Schubert-Enstrom, and Valabik-Bogo for awhile. I don't really think Salmela is the answer because he's the defensive equivalent of Slater...a crazy mad puppy that will play all day but still pees on the carpet.

I'm actually wishing for Popovic to get well and spell Bogo for a game just for giggles. Couldn't hurt. Our top pairing HAS got to be better than -16 together.

If we move Kovy, and if raindrops were sugar cookies, I would like to get Byfuglien, Sharp, and a stay at home D-man from Chicago. Keep your draft picks.

Old
12-29-2009, 01:09 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

LOL... the thing is, tonight was a good game and we lost. We won't have another good game in 5 games. And yes that is Anderson blame worthy like everything else is. Time to trash him on youtube.

Dude you gotta be kidding me Popovic is the definition of worst hockey player ever. He playing > bogo would be a disgrace to our young superstar. And Salmela is 10000x better than Blowovic and right now he deserves to be in the lineup over someone.

Trade Hainsey and make room for the Salmela to come in.

Old
12-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

may i suggest bogo-schubert, hainsey-valabik

Old
12-29-2009, 10:26 AM
hockey momma

I can't believe I am agreeing with ASF on the lines but i am.

Old
12-29-2009, 10:28 AM
hockey momma

and maybe even starting to agree that JA is the problem in Atlanta

Old
12-29-2009, 10:36 AM
Shameus

The biggest positive I have seen in this team this year is that they don't quit. I don't think there has ever been a Thrashers team that consistently plays to the end of every game and doesn't quit. There have not been many games this season (except the Isles games) where I didn't feel like the team had a chance to win. Last night was no different playing against the best team in the east and best goalie of this generation. No coach has ever gotten this team to fight to the end like Anderson has. He may have faults, every human does, but his players player harder than any team I have ever seen this franchise put on the ice.

Last edited by Shameus: 12-29-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Closed Thread