HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holik To Assume Rightful Role

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-23-2003, 03:00 AM
  #1
KING
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Holik To Assume Rightful Role

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/40519.htm

KING is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 03:14 AM
  #2
KING
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Next job: special teams

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsro...angersweb.html

KING is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 03:45 AM
  #3
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
This move is an absolute must and the signing will be the biggest waste of money in the NHL if they don't put him in the only role that could come close to justifying his 45 million.

On the flip side I want to see Holik as a rabid dog this year.He needs to step it up in intesity as well as on ice production and I don't mean points.

I want him to be smart but mean and on the edge.He needs to terrorize the Yashin's and even Thornton's of the eastern conf. with his play.

I'm hoping Simon looks more upbeat then he did the other night when he was playing with kids in Moore and Stals as Simon looked very slow but hopefully he and Holik can be a menacing force together.

I can't wait for one of the wars with Philly or the Devs when Slats decides to throw a line out there consisting of Simon-Holik-Barnaby for some rough stuff and physical play.

JR#9* is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 04:00 AM
  #4
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
This move is an absolute must and the signing will be the biggest waste of money in the NHL if they don't put him in the only role that could come close to justifying his 45 million.

On the flip side I want to see Holik as a rabid dog this year.He needs to step it up in intesity as well as on ice production and I don't mean points.

I want him to be smart but mean and on the edge.He needs to terrorize the Yashin's and even Thornton's of the eastern conf. with his play.

I'm hoping Simon looks more upbeat then he did the other night when he was playing with kids in Moore and Stals as Simon looked very slow but hopefully he and Holik can be a menacing force together.

I can't wait for one of the wars with Philly or the Devs when Slats decides to throw a line out there consisting of Simon-Holik-Barnaby for some rough stuff and physical play.
i dread the wars on these boards when sather decides to put simon-holik-barnaby together and everybody will feel lundmark (the second coming of gretzky) is getting shafted by playing with messier.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 05:46 AM
  #5
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck
 
donpaulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: nihon
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,607
vCash: 500
I think because Holik is from a hockey family that he will bring his A game this season. I am sure he spent some quality time with dad over the offseason discussing his paycheck versus his performance.

I am hoping it will become a matter of honor for him to not only show up, but prove that he was worth a contract and to try and make the devils look bad for not keeping him.

When on his game this game is a first class pain in the butt to play against. He can take key draws, has decent speed, adequate skills and good size. Its almost a complete package, I try not to think about the outlandish amount of cash he pockets every game and concentrate on his production from the center position.

donpaulo is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 06:42 AM
  #6
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
i dread the wars on these boards when sather decides to put simon-holik-barnaby together and everybody will feel lundmark (the second coming of gretzky) is getting shafted by playing with messier.
You say a lot of strange things. Being placed with Messier means fourth line minutes for a 23 year old top 2 line player.

It'll HURT his development, *cough* Manny Malhotra *cough*.

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 07:34 AM
  #7
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
You say a lot of strange things. Being placed with Messier means fourth line minutes for a 23 year old top 2 line player.

It'll HURT his development, *cough* Manny Malhotra *cough*.
there is a major differance in talent between malhotra and lundmark. malhotra has played in dallas for a year and a half and has no role with them.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 07:38 AM
  #8
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
lundmark like malhotra has proved nothing to so far, i am all for giving lundmark time with messier, jeez he can learn a few tricks from a 6 time stanley cup winner and future hall of famer! with that being said i hope lundmark plays with lindros and ruchinsky the entire season. the ranges lineup is very flexiable other than the nedved kovalev hlavac line the other 9 forwards could play with each other with out missing a beat. its all about the system this team plays this season

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 10:58 AM
  #9
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
you're right he's proven nothing because he keeps getting benched on the 4th line!!!!!

Unless someone teaches these kids how to shoot from the bench they arent going to score many goals.


Are you related to pasha by any chance?

Edge is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 11:02 AM
  #10
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
you're right he's proven nothing because he keeps getting benched on the 4th line!!!!!

Unless someone teaches these kids how to shoot from the bench they arent going to score many goals.


Are you related to pasha by any chance?
two teams now think malhotra is a nothing. the stars and the rangers. he may well get exposed in the waiver draft by the stars. malhotra is a 4A player i assume you know what that is. a player who can cut it in triple A but cant hack it in the big leagues. he sucks he never showed anything here WHEN he was given the chance

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
09-23-2003, 11:09 AM
  #11
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
two teams now think malhotra is a nothing. the stars and the rangers. he may well get exposed in the waiver draft by the stars. malhotra is a 4A player i assume you know what that is. a player who can cut it in triple A but cant hack it in the big leagues. he sucks he never showed anything here WHEN he was given the chance

Funny how that works. kinda like the customer who throws their silk shirt in the washing machine and then says "but it fell apart".

Well no kidding malhotra is nothing he spent 3 years doing nothing with this team. Perhaps the three most important developing years of a career. I cant emphasis that enough!!!!

Of course he sucks now, look at what they did to him! Thats like me punching you out before a scheduling boxing match and then saying "well gee he looks kinda shakey in the ring, he mustn't be a good fighter".

And what opportunities did he get? The kid would get ice time but if he didnt score 3 goals he'd get 4 minutes. look at his avg. icetime when he was here, 4 minutes a night! My god Jesus probably couldnt even turn water into wine in 4 minutes, what did you expect malhotra to do?

How about the training camp incidents. One year he gets bashed by the coach the next they dont even tell him they want him to learn a new position till training camp is over!

Explain to me HOW the rangers are the team that this ALWAYS seems to happen to. Explain to me how 3 years later the same EXACT situation is happening to Lundmark. These arent head case kids. These arent kids that other teams have no interest in. These are PRIME prospects.

And the rangers cling to the excuse of "oh well they didnt make it with their new team". NO F---ing s--t! How long did it take them to figure that out? Of course they didnt make it, because they are already screwed.

Go through the freakin list for the past 10 freakin years. This isnt an isolated incident, it just keeps happening. Are all these kids 4 A players? Cmon now, optimism or not this is getting ridiculous.

Edge is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.