HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik Autograph Signing

Old
12-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Olympic nut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Yes that totally sucked and let me say sorry again lol
Sorry, totally forgot about that. Fingers crossed that Gabby comes through!

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Rangers2319

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkerZ View Post
I can see some people saying its not worth it but I collect memerobilia and am more than 50 items deep. I don't regret any of the money I spent on any of the items and most are worth more than what I payed
If its worth more then you spent then i'd love to know who would pay for your items? I use to collect all that stuff and tis worthless until you have a buyer willing to pay what you want, otherwise its money wasted.

With that being said I find it hard to pay for autographs when it can be done for free

Rangers2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Have to ask what is gabby charging? I am getting a deal with him today and it is based on the amount of pieces I send him. I want to compare it

Dagoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 02:17 PM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Have to ask what is gabby charging? I am getting a deal with him today and it is based on the amount of pieces I send him. I want to compare it
If it's the same as Lundqvist's signing, i think it was. I have to look at receipt though when I get home.

75 for photo
100 for jersey

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Declan
HFB Partner

Quote:
I don't know, I just stopped in when I saw the sign on the store window and asked when it was. I'm sure if you stop in and ask you'll find out the exact prices. I have no intention in going & dealing with the crowd to pay that much money for an autograph. Although I can see why people would. I remember when I was a kid going to see Adam Graves & Tie Domi and having to wait outside of a sporting goods store for hours just to see them and get a quick autograph.

Declan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan View Post
I don't know, I just stopped in when I saw the sign on the store window and asked when it was. I'm sure if you stop in and ask you'll find out the exact prices. I have no intention in going & dealing with the crowd to pay that much money for an autograph. Although I can see why people would. I remember when I was a kid going to see Adam Graves & Tie Domi and having to wait outside of a sporting goods store for hours just to see them and get a quick autograph.
That was at O'shea's sporting goods lol i was there

Old
12-29-2009, 03:53 PM
SkerZ
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
If its worth more then you spent then i'd love to know who would pay for your items? I use to collect all that stuff and tis worthless until you have a buyer willing to pay what you want, otherwise its money wasted.
With that being said I find it hard to pay for autographs when it can be done for free
It very well can be done free and I have obtained things for free. To you there is no worth, to me a room in the house filled with memerobilia is worth it enough. I don't do it to turn a profit but u mean to tell me having an autographed ovechkin stick or graves stick or lindros stick etc etc are things people won't pay for?

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Declan
HFB Partner

Quote:
That was at O'shea's sporting goods lol i was there
Yep, that was back a bit

Old
12-29-2009, 06:19 PM
McMonster

Those of you saying autographs are a waste of time just don't understand that it is a hobby for most people. Just because you are not involved in the hobby does not mean its stupid and pointless.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i never understood people who would pay money to get someone to write on a piece of paper/picture for them. famous or not, its just a guys signature...80 bucks are you kidding me? that can pay my cell phone bill for the next 2 months
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Agreed. I will never understand this.
I was enthused about that kind of stuff until about age 12. I can see how that kind of stuff is exciting for kids, but not really for adults. At most maybe getting some memorabilia from something that meant a lot to you as a kid, and brings back fond memories years later.

But hey, to each his own and if some of the $ goes to charity it's a good thing.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 10:05 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Yes that totally sucked and let me say sorry again lol
How about the scheduled Staal signing?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 10:12 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine24 View Post
95% of the time the players put the money toward charity. That's chump change for them.
I'm sorry but I have to ask how anyone not in direct contact with the players or their agents would know what they're doing with the money?

The money is only chump change in relation to their yearly salary.... But $10,000-$20,000 for a 2 hour signing is not chump change when you consider the short duration of time it takes to make that amount.

These players do plenty of charity work mandated by the organization and through their own personal accord. I'd have a real hard time believing they would be instructing their agents to negotiate these pricey rates for their private signings just so they could turnaround and donate the money to charity (why not do direct charity work instead of donating a $ figure?) I want to be clear that I'm not insinuating that these players are greedy just that they expect to be compensated for essentially 'working' outside of the mandates of the organization.... I'm sure if they were interested in making themselves available to fans for the purpose of giving autographs they can do plenty of that before and after games the 41 times a year they play at MSG....

I also want to point out that the $80.00 you pay for the autograph isn't only dictated by the players negotiated rate alone, it would also be determined by the mark-up that the private business hosting the signing decides on in order to make the event profitable for their business.

Last edited by wolfgaze: 12-29-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old
12-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
How about the scheduled Staal signing?
Torts canceled it why do you think i hate him? are u busting me or do u know the story behind it?

Old
12-29-2009, 10:31 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Torts canceled it why do you think i hate him? are u busting me or do u know the story behind it?
I think at the Prucha signing I overheard you telling another patron that you-know-who canceled the first time and then re-negotiated (or tried to) before canceling a 2nd time. You were wearing a basketball jersey at that signing IIRC????

Last edited by wolfgaze: 12-29-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old
12-29-2009, 10:34 PM
CaptPantalones

I got Gaborik here in Buffalo in December. Not a terrible auto, but not a work of art.

Lundqvist's looks like a 5 yr old wrote it

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2009, 10:34 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
I got Gaborik here in Buffalo in December. Not a terrible auto, but not a work of art.

Lundqvist's looks like a 5 yr old wrote it
So you're saying it looks like a 5 year old scribbled on FATACHMALA's arm???

Old
12-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
No. I had to pay the tattoo artist 120 to go over where Lundqvist signed my arm for free.
Thats sickk! I would so pay 120 $ for that
Posted via Mobile Device

Swagelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 01:47 AM
mti79

I understand both sides to this story. When I go to games and can get in early, I'll try to see some of the Rangers to get programs signed because I think it's fun. If I had cool pictures, I'd probably bring them as well. I've also paid for pictures and plan on having a "fun game room" in my future house. There are pictures that I've paid for that are awesome that will be in there. There are pictures that were obtained for free that are awesome and will be in there. No need for everyone to get into an argument about how people spend their own money. Besides, spending money stimulates the economy and we need that. ha ha.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 09:31 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Yeah WTF!! lol

It's one of the better autographs I have gotten.

Here was hank signing my jersey. I look like a retard cause there was 90 year old trying to operate my camera. Took like 10 mins to take the shot.

Last edited by FATCHAMALA11: 12-30-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old
12-30-2009, 01:54 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
I understand both sides to this story. When I go to games and can get in early, I'll try to see some of the Rangers to get programs signed because I think it's fun. If I had cool pictures, I'd probably bring them as well. I've also paid for pictures and plan on having a "fun game room" in my future house. There are pictures that I've paid for that are awesome that will be in there. There are pictures that were obtained for free that are awesome and will be in there. No need for everyone to get into an argument about how people spend their own money. Besides, spending money stimulates the economy and we need that. ha ha.
Yeah, I'm also into getting autographs but I do as just a hobby that I enjoy. I like getting to a lot of games early and just hanging around MSG seeing some of the players.

About the signings, I went to one and to be honest didn't really like it. I'd much rather print out my own pictures and go to MSG and get almost half the team for free then dish out 80 for one.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Dagoon44

Gaborik and I have agreed to do a private signing next week. Those of you that don't want to pay 80.00 for a 8x10 contact me and get pricing. The prices i have are on 8x10 and 16x20 we can't offer jerseys because it is a private and I wont have your stuff in time. pm me or email me at mrjcw@optonline.net

Old
12-30-2009, 03:53 PM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
could be mine was bad because it was free. I know some guys who do that

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 07:53 PM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Gaborik and I have agreed to do a private signing next week. Those of you that don't want to pay 80.00 for a 8x10 contact me and get pricing. The prices i have are on 8x10 and 16x20 we can't offer jerseys because it is a private and I wont have your stuff in time. pm me or email me at mrjcw@optonline.net
I'm there.

Old
12-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Declan
HFB Partner

What exactly is a private signing? Is that where he just sits in a room at your store and signs pics/pucks that you resell but no one from the public meets the player? Just curious, heard of it before but didn't know what it was. Thanks

Old
12-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Dagoon44

yes but not taking place at the store. He will meet me in the city and do them at the Garden